PS's necessary?

HappyGramma

Mouseketeer
We will be at WDW first week of Dec. We would like to have dinner at Trails End buffet one night. Also would like to have dinner & breakfast at Whisper Canyon Cafe and breakfast at Kona Cafe. Is it really necessary to make priority seatings. I am planning on making priorty seatings for several meals but would still like to do these restaurants but don't want to have to lock ourselves into any specific times. It will be just my DGD and myself. Any advice will be a help. ::yes::

My thought is to go ahead an make a PS, then if you find that you get to these places before you'd planned (days before, hours before, whatever), AND you're able to get in at that time without a PS, you could always cancel the later one that you'd already made.

Another thought would be if you already have the PS but want to eat at a different time, you could walk in and ask, they may possibly have a table available for you at a different time.

Go ahead and make them. They aren't really reservations, and if you have to cancel it's really no big deal. I think I even read someplace that you don't really even have to cancel (unless it's HDDR or other that takes CC for confirmation) because they just go on to the next person if you aren't there.

Sometimes you don't need them -- but you never know.

For Whispering Canyon Cafe -- I would make a PS, unless you like to wait. It can get pretty busy for both breakfast and dinner, and wait times can be long (unless you are lucky). I prefer having a PS, especially for dinner, so we don't have such a long wait.

Yes to dinner at WC.

Kona Cafe was a walk in for us for a late (like 10:00) breakfast. The restaurant wasn't busy. Our kids were on the Pirate Cruise so we strolled over. We've walked in to a not busy WC for breakfast as well. (Character breakfasts need PS. But it doesn't seem like many non-character sit down meals do).

Can't speak to Trails End. If I can plan my meals and make PSs, I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter