PTR: 10 Year Aniversary: Late August 2018!! FP Update 2/07

Sailormoon2

DIS Veteran
Hello Fellow DISers!!!

I am simply bursting with excitement about my upcoming return to the World!! As per the title, this will be our 10 year wedding anniversary, so definitely an Adults Only trip :P:D

The (very small) cast of characters are myself (Serena) and my DHMarathon Finish2.jpg

This is me crossing the Marathon finish line after Dopey this past January. That trip included extended family so it will be nice to have quality time with just the husband.

So, the where:
jambo.png
This will be our first stay at Jambo and we will be there for just two nights. Because we are then jumping to...The Royal Pacific at Universal Orlando!!
rp.jpg
We will be there for just 1 night-but 2 park days!! Then we return to WDW for my uber exciting fantasy stay at...lobby.jpg the POLY!!! for 6 days.
I'm so freakn' excited!!

Another "new to us" experience this trip will be MNSSHP on our very last park day Aug 28th. I'm simply bursting with joy for this whole experience.

I will return in a subsequent post to outline our Park Days and ADRs!!

Happy EARLY Anniversary!

I got married at the POLY, and I can't wait to see what you think about Royal Pacific, since we'll be staying there too.

Happy to be reading along as you plan your trip!

No.... We stayed at Sapphire Falls the last time we were there. Which we absolutely loved, but they don't give you express tickets there. That's why we'll be staying at RP next time. I'm excited!

Which we absolutely loved, but they don't give you express tickets there
Express Passes are a total game changer. We never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride that took them, and most ended up being walk-ons! We stayed at Hard Rock last time and loved the proximity to the parks.

I'm excited to try them out.... When we were on our last trip we were so jealous of all the people who got to whiz by us in line. I think the extra money will definitely be worth it. I wish Sapphire Falls offered them, because I really loved that resort. :(

CURRENT ITINERARY

ARRIVAL DAY: DISNEY SPRINGS to activate DHs Canadian tickets

1ST PARK DAY:
AK this is my absolutely favourite park!! We'll RD the morning and head back to AKL to chill in the afternoon, then return for ROL-and I've never been on the safari or EE after sunset, so that might be cool too!

WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY:
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS I love Harry Potter as much as Disney so I definitely look forward to our USO days. This is also so that DH can get his fix of thrill rides, as he is much more of an adrenaline junky. Also Spiderman is probably my most favourite ride of all time.

FRIDAY:
MK with an early morning RD then hop to DHS for Star Wars fireworks as both DH and I are huge fans, and he has not seen them yet. Also hoping to get as many re-rides as possible on TSMM (my favourite Disney ride)

SATURDAY:
TYPHOON LAGOON and general lazing around the hotel. We are both love water parks, and although we've not yet tried BB we just can't bring ourselves to not go back to TL-the water "roller coaster" is just too much fun.

SUNDAY:
DHS for early RD and MORE TSMM!! then hop to MK for HEA!! which despite 3 trips since it's inception I have still yet to see.

MONDAY:
AK again, because it's just so pretty there. We will likely be done here quite early and spend most of the day by the pool before we hop to EP for Illuminations.

TUESDAY:
(maybe) EP you'll notice there is not much EP on our plans as we have stayed at Yacht Club in the past and spent the bulk of our time there, so this trip is more about experiencing the other parks. And last, but certainly not least MNSSHP!!!! A first for us, and since I love all things Halloween and Villains, I know I will adore this party!

Last edited:
Spider Man is one of my favorite rides too! I love WWOHP too! Going into Hogwarts castle and Gringrotts was mind blowing! I can't wait to go to the studios in London where all the Harry Potter movies were filmed.

You Itinerary looks great!

Joining in!!!! Happy early anniversary. We hit 10 years last year but postponed celebrating until November with our Disney trip. We did have the kiddo with us so not the anniversary of my dreams, but disney nonetheless. So definitely interested in your adult adventures.

Awesome you'll get to stay at the Poly. We've come to love it too and have stayed there a few Augusts in a row now, but venturing out to Beach Club and Boardwalk this year

We've come to love it too and have stayed there a few Augusts in a row now, but venturing out to Beach Club and Boardwalk this year
Thanks for joining! I'm glad you've enjoyed the Poly, the Epcot resort area is pretty awesome though, from a convenience perspective, if nothing else.

ARRIVAL DAY PLAN
Our flight arrives at 12:30, then we'll be hopping the Disney "Express" to AKL. I always leave about 2 hours of travelling/check-in time. I had originally booked a Standard View room, and was going to leave seeing animals up to chance. But I just paid for the upgrade to Savannah View because we're only here for 2 nights and I really want some time chillin' on my balcony with a glass of wine, looking at some giraffes. I would be pretty upset if that didn't happen so, it's worth the extra splurge!

We have a 4:00pm ADR at:

Homecoming-02042017-12.jpg
HOMECOMIN'
that porch looks amazing!! I'll admit the first few times I looked at the menu, I wasn't that impressed. I knew I wanted something with Moonshine, and the Humingbird cake, but that is not a meal...or is it??? But then I saw the Chicken Salad, along with everyone else's amazing reviews, and I was sold.

After our early dinner, we'll get DHs Canadian Tickets activated at Guest Services, maybe do a little window shopping and then head back to AKL to just enjoy the hotel.

ARRIVAL DAY PLAN
Our flight arrives at 12:30, then we'll be hopping the Disney "Express" to AKL. I always leave about 2 hours of travelling/check-in time. I had originally booked a Standard View room, and was going to leave seeing animals up to chance. But I just paid for the upgrade to Savannah View because we're only here for 2 nights and I really want some time chillin' on my balcony with a glass of wine, looking at some giraffes. I would be pretty upset if that didn't happen so, it's worth the extra splurge!

We have a 4:00pm ADR at:

View attachment 323855
HOMECOMIN'
that porch looks amazing!! I'll admit the first few times I looked at the menu, I wasn't that impressed. I knew I wanted something with Moonshine, and the Humingbird cake, but that is not a meal...or is it??? But then I saw the Chicken Salad, along with everyone else's amazing reviews, and I was sold.

After our early dinner, we'll get DHs Canadian Tickets activated at Guest Services, maybe do a little window shopping and then head back to AKL to just enjoy the hotel.
SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Enjoy every second of that balcony!

OUR FIRST PARK DAY
Obviously since we are staying at AKL it makes sense to go to AK first!!! It is my favourite park after all. Although DH thinks it is Hotter than Hell and struggles to cope with the heat in the first place, he will need lots of A/C breaks ;)

But first we need Breakfast. So 7:30am BOMA it is! We are going to take this leisurely. LOL! That means we'll likely be done by 8:30 and on our way out to a bus direct from the restaurant.

AK is a 9:00am open, so since we plan to arrive right at opening we will skip the Pandora madness and head directly to the Safari! We'll hit all the major attractions, hopefully catch the new UP! Bird show (yep, do not remember its official name) and hopefully score an afternoon FOP FP.

I am going to say something sacrilege here, but although I can appreciate the effort made on this ride, I really don't feel the need to ride it again. I will for the sake of DH who hasn't rode yet. But if you've done the rides at USO (like Spiderman and Forbidden Journey) you'll know that FOP is just OK, and way too upsetting to my very sensitive nausea.

We have a late lunch booked at Sanaa, my most favourite restaurant on property!!!

Then we'll return to AK for drinks at Nomad and ROL-which neither of us has seen yet!

But first we need Breakfast. So 7:30am BOMA it is! We are going to take this leisurely. LOL! That means we'll likely be done by 8:30 and on our way out to a bus direct from the restaurant.
Boma breakfast is so. so good!

We have a late lunch booked at Sanaa, my most favourite restaurant on property!!!
, If you can eat breakfast at Boma, then have lunch at Sanaa in the same day, you are a better person than me. I can only handle one Disney TS meal a day or I will explode, lol.

Then we'll return to AK for drinks at Nomad and ROL-which neither of us has seen yet!
Love Nomads and ROL is such a beautiful show.

Your first day plans are sounding just like mine, at least my current version of plans! :laughing:

Your trip sounds great, especially all the amazing resorts that you will be staying at. :cloud9:

If you can eat breakfast at Boma, then have lunch at Sanaa in the same day, you are a better person than me. I can only handle one Disney TS meal a day or I will explode, lol.
Well breakfast is at 7:30am and lunch is at 3:00pm. I'll probably just get the bread service at Sanaa and share the Butter Chicken with DH. Unfortunately, I never really stuff myself at a buffet, I prefer just to have a few little bites. :)

Well breakfast is at 7:30am and lunch is at 3:00pm. I'll probably just get the bread service at Sanaa and share the Butter Chicken with DH. Unfortunately, I never really stuff myself at a buffet, I prefer just to have a few little bites. :)
I went totally overboard at Boma breakfast......everything was so good! I don't think I was hungry again until that night, lol! I am with you on the bread service at Sanaa, probably one of the best things to eat on Disney property. I really wish I could squeeze in a visit to Sanaa this summer, next year for sure!

MORE ADRs

We are headed to USO for August 22-23rd, so nothing set in concrete for dinning over there. We'll just wing it as we go!

So when we return to WDW we check into the POLYNESIAN!!! And then on Friday the 24th we are headed to MK for EMH at 8am.

First time Reservation CRYSTAL PALACE for a late breakfast at 10:35am-so hopefully we'll get a lot of touring in before hand. I'm thinking will do the RD crowd to SDMT first and then most likely Space and Buzz a few times, before killing time on the People Mover :)

That night we are going to hop to HS for dinner at
SCI-FI and the Star Wars fireworks, which DH has not yet seen, but which I love!!!

Hi!

Your trip looks very fun and exciting! AKL is amazing! And staying at the Poly? Wonderful! I've never stayed there, but I enjoy visiting.

Boma is so so so good.

Can't wait to read more! August will be here soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter