PTR: 10 Year Aniversary: Late August 2018!! FP Update 2/07

SATURDAY, AUGUST 25TH

We are going to try Kona Café for breakfast! Our reservation is for 7:50am which is a super sleep in for me!! LOL! I am a total morning person!
Then we are off to TYPHOON LAGOON for the day-or at least until early-afternoon. DH and I both absolutely LOVE water parks, and TL is our overall favourite, so we are quite pumped for this day. As it doesn't open until 10am it allows us to be pretty leisurely over breakfast too.

We are usually done with slides by about 2 in the afternoon, so we'll head back for a nap and get ready for our first dinner at OHANA!!

I have wanted to dine there since forever! I was contemplating switching to the Twilight Feast and just chilling in our room, it's still a possibility, but I'd kind of like to experience the whole Ohana vibe, and ensure that my food is actually HOT!!

Our end goal for today is to watch HEA and the Electric Parade from the Poly beach, while definitely enjoying a Lapu Lapu, so we'll probably pass some time at Trader Sam's as our OHANA adr is early (5:15pm).

I am very much looking forward to this more RESTful day!

SUNDAY, AUGUST 26TH

Our intention for today is to hit up AK at RD, this will be our second time to this park on this trip, so we'll likely just redo our favourite rides
which means ExpeditionEverest-620x330.png and kilimanjaro-safaris-animal-kingdom.jpg
and maybe see animal-kingdom-shows-festival-lion-king.jpg since it is fabulous!! I have no ADRs booked for the morning.

This will probably turn into another chilling by the pool kind of afternoon!! Or a having drinks on the patio of nomad.jpg Look how pretty, comfortable and inviting it is!!!!

Later we will hop to MK to see HEA live and I believe I have both a Jungle Skipper Canteen reservation AND a Liberty Tree Tavern, I haven't been to either yet, and I really can't decide.

I have LTT booked again for around 4:30pm on the night of our MNSSHP and I'm leaning towards keeping that, so we'll be good and full for the party. I'm probably going to cancel both and just wing it, which means we'll probably choose Pecos Bills and then popcorn while we stake out a good HEA viewing location.

Following along. Your trip sounds amazing! The Poly looks incredible - I would love to stay there. I'm also really looking forward to our Ohana dinner - it looks so good!

SUNDAY, AUGUST 26TH

Our intention for today is to hit up AK at RD, this will be our second time to this park on this trip, so we'll likely just redo our favourite rides
which means View attachment 326131 and View attachment 326132
and maybe see View attachment 326133 since it is fabulous!! I have no ADRs booked for the morning.

This will probably turn into another chilling by the pool kind of afternoon!! Or a having drinks on the patio of View attachment 326134 Look how pretty, comfortable and inviting it is!!!!

Later we will hop to MK to see HEA live and I believe I have both a Jungle Skipper Canteen reservation AND a Liberty Tree Tavern, I haven't been to either yet, and I really can't decide.

I have LTT booked again for around 4:30pm on the night of our MNSSHP and I'm leaning towards keeping that, so we'll be good and full for the party. I'm probably going to cancel both and just wing it, which means we'll probably choose Pecos Bills and then popcorn while we stake out a good HEA viewing location.
Sounds perfect!

I haven't seen FOTLK since my son was 3 months old. I had never seen him so focused on anything before, even at three months old he loved every second of it, I actually cried watching his reaction to the whole show. Strangely we haven't seen it since. ((That was 8 years ago)) . I can't wait for all of us to see it next month!

Ohana is on my bucket list for sure!

Oh- your trip plans look fun! Happy planning and happy anniversary! We have not stayed at AKR or Poly. However, we love AK park, Typhoon Lagoon, and we stay at Royal Pacific for two or three nights when we are at Universal. We love it there! The rooms are nothing special, but we love the tropical resort theme- I especially like the little bridge you cross on arrival. The pool (and pool drinks) are relaxing and fun. Good food at the hotel and its an easy walk or boat ride to City Walk where you have lots of food choices. We usually eat at Margharitaville, Bubba Gump, the pizza place. Are you going to check out the new water park at Universal? Volcano Bay?

I'm also really looking forward to our Ohana dinner - it looks so good!
Ohana is on my bucket list for sure!
I now will have to "look forward" to Ohana, and potentially keep it as a bucket list item, as unfortunately we have had to significantly alter our dates, and as of right now, I can't get another reservation :( But I am persistent and will keep at it!!

The pool (and pool drinks) are relaxing and fun.
This sounds wonderful, should we decide to take an afternoon break!! Or perhaps I will check how late the pool is open!

Are you going to check out the new water park at Universal? Volcano Bay?
Not this trip, as we have water park passes included in our Disney tickets, we'll just visit theirs.

Glad to see your trip is coming along. Though you can keep your mornings to yourself! I'm totally not a morning person but have a 10 year old dog that still hasn't gotten that message. Got a 6:30 wake-up call today.

We haven't made any real plans for our August trip yet, but we usually end our trips in AK and our last day is the 26th so we may be there too.

So when we return to WDW we check into the POLYNESIAN!!! And then on Friday the 24th we are headed to MK for EMH at 8am.

First time Reservation CRYSTAL PALACE for a late breakfast at 10:35am-so hopefully we'll get a lot of touring in before hand. I'm thinking will do the RD crowd to SDMT first and then most likely Space and Buzz a few times, before killing time on the People Mover :)

That night we are going to hop to HS for dinner at
SCI-FI and the Star Wars fireworks, which DH has not yet seen, but which I love!!!
Sounds like a fantastic day! Crystal Palace is SO good and a mid morning ADR is a perfect way to take advantage of early EMH. My niece and I will be there that morning as well but we are hopping over to Trail's End for our mid morning ADR. Maybe we will see you at the boat dock!

We are going to try Kona Café for breakfast! Our reservation is for 7:50am which is a super sleep in for me!! LOL! I am a total morning person!
Then we are off to TYPHOON LAGOON for the day-or at least until early-afternoon. DH and I both absolutely LOVE water parks, and TL is our overall favourite, so we are quite pumped for this day. As it doesn't open until 10am it allows us to be pretty leisurely over breakfast too.

We are usually done with slides by about 2 in the afternoon, so we'll head back for a nap and get ready for our first dinner at OHANA!!

I have wanted to dine there since forever! I was contemplating switching to the Twilight Feast and just chilling in our room, it's still a possibility, but I'd kind of like to experience the whole Ohana vibe, and ensure that my food is actually HOT!!

Our end goal for today is to watch HEA and the Electric Parade from the Poly beach, while definitely enjoying a Lapu Lapu, so we'll probably pass some time at Trader Sam's as our OHANA adr is early (5:15pm).

I am very much looking forward to this more RESTful day!
My niece and I have the exact same plans for Sunday! Love Kona and of course, Typhoon Lagoon is the best ever!

Or a having drinks on the patio of
nomad-jpg.326134
Look how pretty, comfortable and inviting it is!!!!
Nothing like Nomad Lounge!

we usually end our trips in AK and our last day is the 26th so we may be there too.
Clare and I will be at AK on Sunday night. So excited to introduce her to FoP!

our last day is the 26th so we may be there too.
Well then I will be keeping an eye out!!!

we are hopping over to Trail's End for our mid morning ADR.
I actually thought about doing that, but I've got to leave some things for later trips ;)

Maybe we will see you at the boat dock!
So many of us Disers there in August, I'm going to have my eyes pealed!

My niece and I have the exact same plans for Sunday! Love Kona and of course, Typhoon Lagoon is the best ever!
That is hilarious! Small world indeed...or maybe we're just really clever!

So excited to introduce her to FoP!
Same for my DH! I'm sure your niece will love it!

1 week until FPs!!!!
I am really excited to see how these shape up. I'm going to write here what I am hoping to get, and just because I always think it is interesting to compare what I actually get :)

Day 1: EE at 11am, Safari at noon, and FOP at 1pm
Day 2: Splash 11:30am, BTMR 12:30, Pirates 1:30pm
Day 3: Slinky Dog 10am, TOT noon, RnR 1pm
Day 4: MNSSHP-not sure if I can book FPs on the party ticket or not-so this will be a play by ear.
Day 5: Space 4:30, Splash 5:30, 7DMT 6:30
Day 6: FOP late morning, I dont' really need any others ;)

Let the games begin...

1 week until FPs!!!!
I am really excited to see how these shape up. I'm going to write here what I am hoping to get, and just because I always think it is interesting to compare what I actually get :)

Day 1: EE at 11am, Safari at noon, and FOP at 1pm
Day 2: Splash 11:30am, BTMR 12:30, Pirates 1:30pm
Day 3: Slinky Dog 10am, TOT noon, RnR 1pm
Day 4: MNSSHP-not sure if I can book FPs on the party ticket or not-so this will be a play by ear.
Day 5: Space 4:30, Splash 5:30, 7DMT 6:30
Day 6: FOP late morning, I dont' really need any others ;)

Let the games begin...
Good luck! We will be booking on the same day!

OUR FLIGHTS WERE CHANGED!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

We are now Flying in a day earlier and out a day later. I really can't be upset about MORE time at Disney, but I certainly feel a little guilty, as it will be my longest vacation EVER and the longest I have ever been away from my dogs!
BigspartanlittleRaven.jpg

She was just a pup in this photo (she's actually as big as him now) but so cute here!!

Since I really didn't want to break the budget, instead of adding nights on to AKL and the Poly, we are going to stay the arrival and departure nights at POP!!
So this makes 5 hotels in 12 days!!!! :rotfl2:
DH has never stayed there-well actually DH hasn't stayed at any of these resorts, but I am excited for him to see it, just because it is so fresh in my mind from my January stay.

5 HOTELS!!!!! That is crazy. I'm not sure I'm up for 2 :-)

Love the picture of the doggies!

5 HOTELS!!!!! That is crazy. I'm not sure I'm up for 2
I was actually super excited for the original 3!!!
But this feels a bit overwhelming now.
However, it turns out I actually can't "math" because:
It's really only 4 hotels, but 5 CHANGES!!
POP-AKL-Royal Pacific (at Universal)-POLY-POP!

FP SELECTION:
Park Day #1 (Aug 22)
EE 10:30-11:30

KS 11:45-12:45
FOP 12:45-1:45: I originally had NRJ because FOP wasn't available but then I read they had released more and I snagged it :)

I think we'll do lunch at Satuli now before we head to check in at AKL. I have a tentative ADR at YaknYeti for dinner before ROL.

Park Day #2 (Aug 23)
Splash Mountain
12:25 PM - 1:25 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
1:40 PM - 2:40 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
2:40 PM - 3:40 PM

We have BRUNCH at Crystal Palace at 10:30!! We'll do the parade and SDMT then hop to HS where we have dinner at Sci-Fi and will stay for the SW Fireworks!!!

Park Day #3 (Aug 27) At this point we have moved to the POLY!!
Toy Story Mania!
9:50 AM - 10:50 AM I chose this over SDD because I just love it so much and I'm hoping to ride at least twice!
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
10:55 AM - 11:55 AM
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
12:15 PM - 1:15 PM

Lunch will probably be Backlot Express (or drinks and snacks at Baseline Tap House).
We'll take an afternoon break, then travel to Yachtmen for our anniversary dinner, and close the night out in EP for Illuminations.

Park Day #4 (Aug 30)
Post MNSSHP so we are going to sleep in and head over to EP late morning. We're planning to snack around WS for the first day of Food & Wine!!
Then hop to MK to see HEA with these FPs:

Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:35 PM - Magic Kingdom Park
Space Mountain
4:35 PM - 5:35 PM
Splash Mountain
5:35 PM - 6:35 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
6:35 PM - 7:35 PM
These are definitely our 3 favourite rides so this will be awesome!!

Final Park Day (Aug 31)
Heading back to my favourite park for:

Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
10:10 AM - 11:10 AM
11:10 AM - 12:10 PM

I didn't even book a 3rd FP because the crowd prediction seems really low that day, and these are my only goals. We'll probably end up at Nomad Lounge :)

Just for interest sake, I also have 2 FPs booked on our MNSSHP tickets for Aug 28th. As FPs are only available until 6pm (so before the party actually starts) and we can only get in at 4pm on the Party Hard Ticket. So we will ride Space and SDMT (AGAIN!!!) before having dinner at LTT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!