PTR 2/27/19-3/5/19

Christin82

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for late February/early March 2019, and I’ll be detailing our experience here promptly when we get home.

We are an extended family of 8:

-My husband and I and our 2 sons, ages 9 and 2.
-My mother-in law
-My mom, step-dad, and grandma

We are driving from the Central Valley and will be checking in to Tropicana Inn & Suites on Wednesday, 2/27 for 6 nights. We’re getting 5-day hoppers and will visit the parks Thursday-Monday.

Our plans include the following:

1. Lamplighters Lounge on Thursday night
2. Blue Bayou on Friday
3. Fantasmic Premium View Seating at Riverbelle Terrace on Saturday
4. World of Color Dessert Party on Sunday
5. Character Dining on Monday

We have been to Disneyland many times before, but we normally only stay for 3 days, and we never, ever spring for extras such as dining packages or table-service restaurants.

This time, we decided to save up so that we could afford as many extras as possible as well as a generous budget for food and souvenirs. The idea is to make this trip special because my grandma is getting older and is a huge Disney fan. Not to mention, we probably won’t be back for a couple of years because the massive crowds that will accompany the opening of Star Wars Land are a huge deterrent for us.

We are so excited! Please share any suggestions or tips that you think might be useful.

Sounds like a great trip. My daughter (age 8) and I will be at DL/DCA for 5 days in April and are considering some of the same extras as you are doing. Obviously the cost is reduced for 2 people vs. your 8, but we are still trying to be selective about what will be the best use of our vacation time and $. It will be my daughter's first time at DL (she has been to WDW 3x) and we are very excited. I'll be putting together a PTR soon, but also will definitely follow along on yours. Hopefully you will get some good suggestions and tips (of have some to offer after your trip) that will be helpful to us. Wishing you luck with your planning and a great, unforgettable, magical trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter