WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

You’ve never been to HRC?

You are in for a grand time on your next trip..

I go to HRC all the time and love it!

So check all the floors out at the one in city walk
And don’t forget the Rock shop

The only HRC I have been disappointed in was the one in Honolulu

You’ve never been to HRC?

You are in for a grand time on your next trip..

I go to HRC all the time and love it!

So check all the floors out at the one in city walk
And don’t forget the Rock shop

The only HRC I have been disappointed in was the one in Honolulu

LOL Hard to believe we haven't been to a HRC! We even have one in Niagara Falls- only 20 minutes away! Will be sure to check the whole place out!!

I'd love to visit Honolulu! When I do- no HRC for us!

We'd also like to plan a special dinner! Lots of special days are in September & October. My birthday is in September, Joe's is in October; our 31st anniversary is in September and in October 2017 we had a vow renewal ceremony and reception at HRH with all of our family. So, we have another anniversary to celebrate in October!!

2016 and 2017 were very difficult for our family. We lost my father-in-law suddenly in July 2016- a day before Kyle's birthday. Then we lost my dad suddenly in March 2017. We were also planning for many changes in our family- Kyle was applying to medical schools and Troy was going to do the Disney college program in Orlando and hoped to move to Florida after graduation. We had a family reunion trip already planned for October 2017 in Orlando and it was our 30th anniversary. We decided to take advantage of having all the family together and wanted to celebrate a happy event! So a vow renewal ceremony and reception sounded like a wonderful idea!

It was simply amazing!! The Hard Rock hotel was our natural choice. We have spent so many vacations there in the last few years- many special memories were made there! Thanks to the wonderful staff there, all the plans came together in six weeks!! We had a truly memorable and special day!! Here are a few pictures:

thumbnail_IMG_1836.jpg

GetAttachmentThumbnail

This is the grotto area where we had our ceremony- it's on your right as you walk from HRH to the parks. A lovely area!!
GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

thumbnail_IMG_1835.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1833.jpg

Here is the cake that the pastry chef created. I sent over a couple of pictures of cakes that I liked and he made a beautiful cake!
GetAttachmentThumbnail

thumbnail_IMG_1838.jpg

It was so funny! A cold front moved into Orlando that week- the highs were in the low 60s. We're from Buffalo, NY so temps in the 60s in October are great! But not so much for Floridians!! The hotel will move outdoor ceremonies indoors in bad weather. Our wedding planner asked us if we wanted to move indoors because of the cool temps. We said No, it's beautiful! She laughed and said- "Yeah- I told the staff you were Northerners and would be ok!" It was perfect!! We had the beautiful Florida foliage and setting coupled with a cool breeze like home!!

Last edited:
So, we're still trying to decide where to do a special dinner. Amazingly, we haven't tried The Palm at HRH yet. It looks lovely!
upload_2018-7-25_11-24-16.jpeg

Another possibility is Bice at PBH. We haven't eaten there, either. The menu looks great, too!

images

There are countless of offsite choices as well!! I've been doing all kinds of searches to find the right spot!! I've read about Bull & Bear at The Waldorf Astoria as well as Ocean Prime. The fine dining restaurants at the WDW Swan & Dolphin are wonderful, too!! Guess we'll work on this one for a while!!

Last edited:

It is always had to lose parents !

Belated :hug:

Try the Palm!

You’ll love it!

I liked it better than Bice

Hi Gina!!:wave2: Glad you're reading along! Your TR writing has inspired me to start trying! I have a long, long way to go before my writing measures up to yours!! I'm still hoping that my sister plans a trip late October and I'll have a reason to wander back to Orlando:rolleyes1 I am racking up Southwest points with all the travel this year!
I'll try to take pictures this year at HHN! I've been so nervous in the past I was afraid to get my camera out and be scared silly!:scared1:

Oh heavens, you are WAY too kind with the compliments. You're already measuring up, and then some. I love your happy, positive updates!

I made sure I had my phone in a sturdy (albeit ugly LOL) Otterbox for HHN. I know myself well enough to admit that I was likely to drop it like a hot potato the first time someone came up behind me with a chainsaw :rotfl2:.

Dining is a big part of any trip! We're at that point that we don't make advanced reservations. Even at Disney, we have found that a few days before to the day of we can find most any restaurant available. Even as a family of all adults, we still do enjoy character dining at Disney and Universal. Universal is pretty limited with character dining, but we did try the Minion character breakfast in May and loved it. It was located at Sapphire Falls - it was on Saturdays and had 3 seatings. Here's a couple of pictures from the breakfast:
View attachment 339009 View attachment 339010

I just looked and it is now being held at Royal Pacific resort- still on Saturdays. I know last year it was at the Hard Rock hotel. So, it seems like they keep moving this to the different hotels. So, if you are interested in attending this, be sure to check the UO website for the location, days, and times. We did make a reservation for this breakfast a couple of weeks before as it's only available on one day and three times that day.

We had a great time- it was very organized, had a nice buffet, and great character interaction! It is a one hour time- so plan to get there about 10 minutes early to check in and get a picture with a minion- and you are definitely done in one hour after your seating. The pictures are included in the price.

Girl, this is payback of the best kind :rotfl:. I'm totally wanting to book this for fall!! There goes the budget :rolleyes1;).

Oh heavens, you are WAY too kind with the compliments. You're already measuring up, and then some. I love your happy, positive updates!

I made sure I had my phone in a sturdy (albeit ugly LOL) Otterbox for HHN. I know myself well enough to admit that I was likely to drop it like a hot potato the first time someone came up behind me with a chainsaw :rotfl2:.

Thanks so much!!

I do hate those chainsaws!!:scared1:

Girl, this is payback of the best kind :rotfl:. I'm totally wanting to book this for fall!! There goes the budget :rolleyes1;).

Sorry!! I learned from the best!!:rolleyes1

Dang it Patty! I have us booked at AKL for our last 2 days for our anniversary and Jiko for anniversary dinner-but I looked at Portofino (same price with AP rate as AKL) and now I want to try the Palm!! Ugh! May have spoil surprise to hubby and ask which he prefers...

Dang it Patty! I have us booked at AKL for our last 2 days for our anniversary and Jiko for anniversary dinner-but I looked at Portofino (same price with AP rate as AKL) and now I want to try the Palm!! Ugh! May have spoil surprise to hubby and ask which he prefers...

Sorry!:flower3:

Ooh- that's a tough one! AKL is wonderful! Love the savannas and watching the animals! :love:We've yet to try Jiko but I read great reviews, but.... PBH the same price?? It's such a beautiful resort!! Universal parks with EP? Dinner at The Palm? EEK! That's a tough choice! It's a win/win no matter what you choose though!:)

Our fall vacation dates are always planned around our Buffalo Bills home schedule! We are season ticket holders, so never want to miss a home game!! That's why we're returning home Saturday Oct 6- don't want to miss our Sunday Oct 7 game!! The Tennessee Titans are coming to town!!

Training camp has begun and Kyle and I enjoyed a nice afternoon together Friday watching our team- always hopeful that this will be our year!!:)

Bills Training Camp 2018 2018-07-27 17-43-01PM.jpg

The next important decision is on transportation. It's a long trip and we plan on relaxing, so I don't think we want to pay for a car rental the entire stay- or hotel parking for nine days. We have used the Universal Superstar shuttle before and we were very happy with the service. It was a trip with just Joe and I so it was cost effective for the two of us. I know people ask about this service so here are the details:

The Universal Superstar Shuttle is advertised as a vacation package add-on, but we do room only reservations, and were welcome to use the shuttle service. I called the 800 number on the website to book and pay for round trip airport transportation.

It's $39.00 per adult round trip; $29.00 for children 3-9.

We received a confirmation online and when we arrived in Orlando, we proceeded to the Superstar shuttle desk- which was next to the car rental desks on the ground floor. They checked us in and directed us outside to the waiting area for the bus. We waited about 10 minutes for our bus. It's a small shuttle bus and we were joined by 2 other parties. The buses are only for the Universal hotels. Our first stop was Portofino Bay, next was our stop at HRH. It was very quick and efficient.

When you check in at MCO they also confirm your return date and time. They pick you up about 3 hours before your flight. They arrived on time at HRH(this time there was only one other couple on the bus with us) and we got to the airport in plenty of time before our flight!

I would definitely use this service again! Because they charge per person, this is most cost effective for 2 people- unless you do have a vacation package which includes this at no charge.

iun_airporttransferservice.jpg

This trip Troy will be joining us for the weekend, so a private car service is probably better and cheaper! The only service we've tried- and will definitely continue to use- is Tony Hinds. I read about him on the DIS and he is AMAZING!! He has answered my emails almost immediately when I've reached out to book transportation. He and his drivers are courteous, prompt, and efficient! He doesn't charge per person- just a flat fee . His vehicles hold up to 10 and he has car seats available for children. When you hire him, you get more than transportation! They are so nice and engaging, you gain new friends!!:)

So if you want friendly, reliable, cost effective airport transportation e-mail Tony Hinds!! If you search his name, you can visit his website for all of the information regarding his service!:thumbsup2

Tony will also give you a free stop for groceries, booze or whatever

No charge for a 30 minute stop at a shopping center or store

So, I'm planning to use Tony Hinds for our airport transportation plus will get car rentals for a few days as we have some offsite plans! Last year, we used Hertz at the HRH for a one day rental. We had a very good experience! Hertz has been replaced with Avis so we'll try them. We're National Emerald Club members, but did try Avis a few weeks ago when we rented a minivan for our one way trip to Ft. Lauderdale. No problems with Avis!

When we rented at HRH, we had one full day of rental. We parked the car with valet in the evening and they took care of returning the keys to the rental desk. And we had no parking charge! :thumbsup2

Now to figure what days we'll need a car.....

I’ve had no problems using Avis

Once a person turns 50, AARP has some decent discounts for car rental

But you are way too young to qualify ..

I’ve had no problems using Avis

Once a person turns 50, AARP has some decent discounts for car rental

But you are way too young to qualify ..

:laughing: Yep- I AM relieved that I just turned 25 so I don't incur any young driver charges! Phew!

I do have an AARP membership, though-but it's for the American Association of Responsible Pet-owners- I know you're a card carrying member, too!:cat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter