WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

Next up- KING KONG!! It was about 5pm when we arrived- the standby line was at 90 minutes! We waited about 30 minutes in EP. This is always our longest wait in EP line. But the dark, cool queue was a pleasant reprieve from the heat!

thumbnail_IMG_2282.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2283.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2284.jpg

We really enjoy having the Universal photo package! We bought the annual package and got an AP discount. It's nice to get all the pictures! I like the do it yourself pictures area that Universal has added. We found one in Jurassic Park area:

1876266_103505231.jpg

Had a fun ride back to King's Cross Station. Had to head over to my favorite ride:love: before dinner

thumbnail_IMG_2298.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2299.jpg

There was no wait at all to enter the pre-show. And we headed right to the load area afterwards!

Success!! We got ET back to his planet!! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
On our way out, we met a TM friend of Troy's. Nice young man! He's very happy to be working at UO! It seems that all TM's we talk to express the same to us!!

Bittersweet days for Troy, indeed! He has met so many people at Disney during his CP. And through Facebook groups, met other locals as well! He's happy to come home to his family and friends and finish college:thumbsup2, but a little sad to leave his new friends!! His plan is to move back to Orlando after graduation, so it's not goodbye to them- just see ya soon!!

We were going back to HRH to grab a quick dinner and head back to Troy's apartment. Love the short walk back to HRH! Such a pretty walkway!

thumbnail_IMG_2302.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2303.jpg

But we were about to get a fabulous surprise! Our evening would not end so soon.......

We were going to have a DISMEET!!! :jumping1:

:dancer:

Show some of your fabulous pictures on our Picture sticky!

It gets many looks from everyone.

So, @Monykalyn and I had planned to meet on this trip. We were going to meet just on Monday, but she texted me on Sunday that they were dining at City Walk and could meet up after. This was a nice surprise and much better than going back to Troy's and watch tv. :thumbsup2

We met them at The Studios after the nighttime show!

IMG_2317.jpg

What's so nice about the DIS is that you get to know each other before meeting in person! We had a lot to talk about and it was a wonderful evening!:)

The trip here was mainly for the business of starting to pack Troy up to move back home mid August. So we spent Monday afternoon researching storage units for the contents of his apartment as well as movers to get the heavy furniture there. Success!! We found both and have made plans to ship his car back home, too! So, now that we did our work for the day, it's time to have fun!:banana:

We headed to IOA as we were planning to meet up with @Monykalyn and her DH. We got to the park about 6pm- security was fast & efficient as usual! First stop- Seuss Landing!:thumbsup2

Such a fun area! I have a collection of Dr. Seuss books. We read them to the boys when they were young so this area brings back fond memories of all those bedtime story times!:)

IMG_2322.jpg IMG_2326.jpg

We had a quick snack at Circus McGurkus Cafe and then we met up with @Monykalyn and DH. We headed over to the The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train. We had about a 10 minuted wait in EP. This ride gives you such a lovely view of the park below!

Next stop was The Hulk. While I love The Mummy, I don't go on any of the more thrilling, upside down, dropping rides!:scared1:

Joe and the boys love those rides- I'm happy to be the bag holder!:thumbsup2 But lucky for Troy, Monyk and DH were happy to ride The Hulk and Dr. Doom with him!

Next up, Spidey!! Only about a 5-10 minute wait in EP here! Fun as always!:)

1876266_103613278.jpg

We headed to Kong, but sadly it was down!- and never re-opened that evening:sad1:

So we were off to ride FJ. As we reached the castle, the light show was about to start. So we squeezed in with the crowd and enjoyed the show!:thumbsup2 Beautiful!!

After the show we (and the big crowd around us) proceeded to the FJ entrance. Troy quickly secured a locker for all of our belongings, and we got in the EP line. Good thing we all have the Premier AP with after 4pm EP!! The standby line was pretty long. We passed by most of them and waited about 10 minutes. Great ride!!

I like this ride a lot- even though I look so serious in this photo!

1876266_103617418.jpg

Reading on my iPhone, thought it was an adult male and three kids

Enlarged the pic and see our girl pattyw (which I thought was one of the kids)

Very late to the party, but so enjoying your PTR and present TR. Great pictures and eveyone is happy and smiling.

Universal is a place that for sure brings out the happiness in everyone.

I’am looking forward to saying howdy in October.

Reading on my iPhone, thought it was an adult male and three kids

Enlarged the pic and see our girl pattyw (which I thought was one of the kids)

I showed that picture to Joe last night and he agreed- I looked like a child! :laughing: If only Harry Potter magic could erase a few pounds for me!!

Very late to the party, but so enjoying your PTR and present TR. Great pictures and eveyone is happy and smiling.

Universal is a place that for sure brings out the happiness in everyone.

I’am looking forward to saying howdy in October.

Robo- The party is only starting!! :cool1: and we're going to kick it into high gear in October!!:thumbsup2

Yep- UO is truly a HAPPY PLACE!!:goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading along! :)

So now it was near park close but..... the night was certainly not over. We had long awaited plans to visit Strong Water Tavern at SF!! :thumbsup2

Sapphire Falls is such a pretty resort. We had a short stay there back in May and truly fell in love!:love:

thumbnail_IMG_1925.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1996.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1926.jpg

The boat line was very long! It was park close which made for a large crowd! We were able to get on the third boat. Even though we were HOT and oh so tired, the time seemed to pass quickly as we kept talking!! And we struck up conversations with those around us- very friendly folks!:)

Ok so here's a funny story from a lady in line. @Monykalyn will remember this one. The lady was telling us how she was at the pool that day and didn't bring flip flops with her. As she walked from her chair to the pool, the pavement was so hot that the bottom of her feet burned and she had blisters! So, obviously her burned feet weren't funny- and is a lesson just how dangerously hot pavement can get! But she was so bubbly and nice and was just sharing why she was eager to get on the boat back to SF! The funny part comes in when her DH proceeds to say, kidding of course," Well you've now told everyone about your feet except the front desk." :rotfl:So we enjoyed talking with her, her DH, and their son and daughter as we waited. Such a nice family!:) Not many places can you have fun standing in a long line dripping wet with sweat and swap stories about tired legs and blistered feet!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter