WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

We definitely have to meet!

I ate at Garden Grill a couple of years ago and we loved it! We had breakfast and the cinnamon bun thingy that comes in the skillet was to die for. I could have inhaled 10 of them by myself (ok not really)

Yes- can't wait to meet up in person!:)

Love the Cinnamon rolls!! We just tried the breakfast at Garden Grill recently and really enjoyed it!! And it's nice having a PPO ADR so we can get in the park early and ride Soarin' before the rope drop crowd arrives!:thumbsup2

We really like doing a PPO ADR at the Disney parks. We are so happy staying at HRH and don't want to move over to a Disney hotel. Also, we have done so many Disney centered vacations that now we enjoy concentrating on Universal. We still like to spend a couple of days at Disney and don't mind the drive for a few days. Leaving early in the morning also means less traffic!:thumbsup2 I have a Disney AP, so no parking fees at the parks!!:)

So, our PPO ADR at Garden Grill will allow us to get on Soarin' with little or no wait!:cool1: We've done this a couple of times before. All people with PPO ADR's are let in a little before 8:00 and we've been seated immediately upon arrival at the restaurant. We've had plenty of time to leisurely enjoy breakfast, meet all the characters(a big reason we come!!), pay and get to the Soarin' queue before the rope drop crowd! Then, we will head over to The Land ride- this is another favorite!!

The FP I plan to get will be for Frozen(or Test Track, whichever is available), Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space. Troy said that they have changed the story line for Mission Space -green (no spinning) and it is very good! Excited to check it out!

We'll have lunch by visiting the F&W booths!:dancer:

We plan to leave the park by 3:30 so we can get back to HRH for evening appetizers!:thumbsup2

We went to our local Bonefish Grill last night and enjoyed a wonderful dinner!!:) We had superb service!! The food was excellent! :thumbsup2

We like the the food there too. It is yummy ::yes:: .....We have a Bonefish in Evansville and Vero. The grandchildren and I love it. Their favorite appetizer is the Bang Bang Shrimp. We have never had a bad meal at either location.

Great pictures of your meal and drinks......now you have me thinking of the yummy Bang Bang Shrimp.

We like the the food there too. It is yummy ::yes:: .....We have a Bonefish in Evansville and Vero. The grandchildren and I love it. Their favorite appetizer is the Bang Bang Shrimp. We have never had a bad meal at either location.

Great pictures of your meal and drinks......now you have me thinking of the yummy Bang Bang Shrimp.

Thanks!:)
Yep- I think next time I'll get my own order of Bang Bang shrimp plus dessert!:thumbsup2

I have the button from last year 35th Epcot anniversary. I didn't come til a couple days later, but DD snagged one for me.

The FP I plan to get will be for Frozen(or Test Track,
Get it for TT, Frozen hasn't had waits climb past 30 minutes until after 10 am. Should be plenty of time to do do Soarin. LwtL and then walk over to Frozen. But I am biased as I much much much prefer test track. Just not a big fan at all of what they did to Norway...

Troy said that they have changed the story line for Mission Space -green (no spinning)
It does still have some motion though. Just not nearly as intense as orange.

Love the GG PPO too-we did that last year in August-nice way to get jump on crowds!

I have the button from last year 35th Epcot anniversary. I didn't come til a couple days later, but DD snagged one for me.

Get it for TT, Frozen hasn't had waits climb past 30 minutes until after 10 am. Should be plenty of time to do do Soarin. LwtL and then walk over to Frozen. But I am biased as I much much much prefer test track. Just not a big fan at all of what they did to Norway...

It does still have some motion though. Just not nearly as intense as orange.

Love the GG PPO too-we did that last year in August-nice way to get jump on crowds!

Nice momento from the 35th!! I'm wondering if they'll have anything this year- it's not really a special anniversary. The next big one will be for the 40th!

Good to know about Frozen!:thumbsup2 Last time we did a PPO, we did Test Track after Soarin' and The Land with no wait.I figured Frozen was a mess! So, I think we'll head to Frozen after Soarin'. It's really easy to get a FP for TT at 30 days.

We haven't dome Mission Space in a few years. Joe and the boys are ok with the spinning- I've done it but prefer not to. So rather than split up, we just don't go on it. It just hasn't been a must do. I'm anxious to go on the new green!:)

Last edited:
So, our plan for lunch will be to graze around the food booths at F&W. There are so many that you have to have a plan for the food. :thumbsup2 A few years ago when we attended F&W, I made a color coded spreadsheet of all the food and drink choices. Joe and the boys laughed at that! :laughing:Yes- it was the accountant in me- but oh so handy and necessary! We actually studied the spreadsheet and planned our choices. I did the spreadsheet in order of how we would tour. Then we checked off our choices. We had to go on a Saturday due to the short trip so the lines were a little long. Everyone got a copy of the spreadsheet and then we each got into a line and met up with our purchase. So we got to four food booths at once but we each only waited in one line. We saved time because we didn't have to read the menus- we already knew what we wanted! And we didn't get too full by stopping at the first ones we saw as we planned out in advance which food and drinks we wanted!:thumbsup2 Once on the trip, they all thought my spreadsheet was a good idea! :)

So, this year no spreadsheet and only Joe and I will be there- so we can't have as much food. When three or four share, you can get much more! But, I am studying the menu and have planned our choices. We will limit the alcohol choices to one or maybe two that we'll share as we are driving back to HRH- and will enjoy drinks there later when we aren't driving!

Last edited:

So, here are our choices right now!

Australia
  • Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas (GF)
2015-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Australia-Booth-led-Sweet-and-Spicy-Bush-Berry-Shrimp-with-Pineapple-Peppers-Onions-and-Snap-Peas-700x564.jpg

Cheese Studio

• Braised Beef Stroganoff with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom and Boursin Garlic with Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce (KA)
2017-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-The-Cheese-Studio-Braised-Beef-Stroganoff-610x600.jpg

• Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Blueberry Wine, St. Petersburg, FL

China

• Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
2016-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-China-Black-Pepper-Shrimp-with-Garlic-Noodles-1-700x569.jpg

• Kung Fu Punch: Vodka and Triple Sec

Coastal Eats

• Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn, Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce
2017-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Coastal-Eats-Seared-Scallops-700x575.jpg

Flavors from Fire

• Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses
2017-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Flavors-from-Fire-Smoked-Corn-Beef-700x528.jpg

• Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Mango
Flavors-from-Fire-Chocolate-Picante-2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Preview-450x600.jpg

Greece

• Bougatsa: Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon (V) (KA)
IMG_7960-700x600.jpg

Islands of the Caribbean

• Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt
islands-of-the-caribbean-jerk-spiced-chicken-lollipop-2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Preview-450x600.jpg

Last edited:
I love spreadsheets- its the planner in me. And it ensures you dont miss anything! All of your choices look so good! Cant wait to hear all about them!

I do daily lists (food) with pen on palm of my hand

Like to go hands free to the parks especially f&w

I love spreadsheets- its the planner in me. And it ensures you dont miss anything! All of your choices look so good! Cant wait to hear all about them!

Thanks!!:) It's so hard to narrow down the food choices to a few!

I'm sure we could spend a week at EPCOT and still not taste them all!!

We're not staying onsite at Disney so we can't use our Magic Band to pay at the food kiosks. You can purchase a gift card bracelet to wear. It makes it so easy to pay for your food and beverage purchases. And you can reload them!:thumbsup2 We have some of these bracelet gift cards from prior years, but they do get new designs so it's fun to buy a new one every year!!:)

2018 Food and Wine Gift Card

2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-gift-card-2-466x600.jpg

We're not staying onsite at Disney so we can't use our Magic Band to pay at the food kiosks. You can purchase a gift card bracelet to wear. It makes it so easy to pay for your food and beverage purchases. And you can reload them!:thumbsup2 We have some of these bracelet gift cards from prior years, but they do get new designs so it's fun to buy a new one every year!!:)

2018 Food and Wine Gift Card

2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-gift-card-2-466x600.jpg

A cute and free souvenir is the Festival Passport. We like to pick one up at the park entrance. They have all the marketplaces with menus listed. They include stickers that you can use to mark the ones that you visit! So fun!:thumbsup2

2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Passport-3-700x567.jpg

2018-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Passport-12-493x600.jpg

How cute!!

I am a sucker for things like these.....and I keep them all. I guess I'm a bit of a sentimental pack rat? I put these types of mementos, along with things like our boarding passes, park tickets, and photo cards......even birthday buttons.......all inside the covers of the picaboo photo books that create after our trips.

How cute!!

I am a sucker for things like these.....and I keep them all. I guess I'm a bit of a sentimental pack rat? I put these types of mementos, along with things like our boarding passes, park tickets, and photo cards......even birthday buttons.......all inside the covers of the picaboo photo books that create after our trips.

Yep- I have more park maps than I can count! and the buttons!:laughing: I have no trouble getting rid of many things,but vacation memorabilia is just sacred!

I just looked up information on the picaboo photo books! How nice! It would be great to do one of those!!:thumbsup2

Ok so I guess I am compiling List B!!:laughing: I just found a food item that we tried last year and it was one I didn't think I would like at all. Kyle loves Spam and wanted to try it, so we did. It was a true hit and we got another one!:thumbsup2

Hawaii:
  • Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise

2017-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Hawaii-Teriyaki-Glazed-SPAM-Hash-700x502.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!