• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR--Canada to disney hear we come!!!!

canadaman

Mouseketeer
We leave for Disney in about 30 days. We are ataying at POR from july 19th to 27th.:cool1:

I will give everyone a little backround on how this trip came to be. First off there are Me, 31 been to disney once before.
My Fiance, 30 never been to disney before.
My son, 10 been to disney once
My son 8 been to disney once
Fiances daughter never been to disney or out of Canada.

My boys and I went to disney in July 2008 with their mother. It was just a four day trip because we didn't have more holiay time that year. I always wanted to take them back for a longer trip.

During the 2009 year things went bad with their mother and she ended up walking out on the kids and I january 1st 2010. This was a bad time for us, but soon it was clear it was the best thing for us.I briefly considered taking the boys in the summer of 2010 back to WDW but it never happened.

Part of the reason it never happened was because on May 5th of 2010 I met the love of my life. We met online, and just talked online for monthes until May 5th when we finally met. We connected right away and spent most every day together all summer. We lived 25 minutes away from each other, so soon talk began of moving in together. The kids were all for it and on Augest 27th she moved into my house.

Next Deciding on a disney trip

As summer turned into fall we started thinking about what to get our kids for xmas. This was going to be our first xmas together as a family and we wanted to do something really cool.

Since my fiance and her daughter had never been to WDW we had talked about us all going. It some came to us why not get the kids a WDW trip for xmas. So the planning began. Now I just love the planning stage for any trip. To me it is almost as good as the actual trip. Very quickly though I found out that my fiance really did not like this stage of a trip. In fact she hated it! She didn`t want to have any input into any part of it, from resort, to which dining plan, she just didn`t care. She just said we are flying and not driving, like the boys and I did last time.

I quickly found out that there are not many options at WDW for families of 5, unless you can afford a deluxe resort which we couldn't. It came down to either POR or a family suite at all star music. After bouncing arounf between the 2 we settled on POR. As much as we like the added amenites at POR we only choose it cause it is far cheaper then the family suite. My fiance is still worried if this is the right choice. She isn't sure we will have enough space. Honestly I am a little worried about it too, but I figure just don't spend much time in the room and we will be fine.

This stage of the planning didn't take to long and we had settled on all the details. December 13th we booked our package. 8 nights at POR, Quick service dining, 5 day park tickets with water parks and more. We also booked our flights the same day. Though we live in canada we are going to drive to Buffalo and fly from there. It will be about a 3 hour drive to the airport, but we were able to get our plane tickets for the five of us for $1097 round trip, direct flights both way on Jetblue. I am happy we booked then as the prices have only went up since this time.

So there we were, trip all booked. All we had to do was figure out how we were going to surprise the kids with it xmas morning........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter