PTR-Cheating on Mickey w/Harry!...OMG! Only a month to go!

Wow! I haven't been by here in quite a while!

I'm glad you had some good help schlepping the stuff in and out.:thumbsup2

It was nice, but boy this seems like years ago!

I'm totally behind and generally skim backwards before fully reading but had to tell you the Union 76 ball brings back such good memories. My folks owned a 76 station in Fountain Valley when I was very young. To this day I love the smell of gasoline. :thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed the filling station memories....

I'm glad it's over, hopefully you have been able to get some relaxing in. You guys looked good though :)

:rotfl: relaxing?? What's that? :confused3 :lmao: Hopefully soon!

Alison the concert looked amazing and I hope you enjoyed it! When you work that hard sometimes it is hard to reflect and enjoy!
Glad it is over and now you can relax.

:hug:

When is that relaxing part coming?

I missed the HoB update earlier and only just caught up on it now!

Glad that you had help to carry all the gear around and it sounds like the band played great. Time to de-stress now. :thumbsup2

As you well know I didn't de-stress, instead I ran around DL park, twice now I think! ::yes::

OK,
This is totally out of order, but I had to get this one in ASAP. You won't believe what we did yesterday!

So today's plan was to go to the Anaheim Convention center where Mecum Auctions were holding a car auction. We saw this event covered on our morning news program, so it was a big deal. Fran had preregistered as a bidder so we had two free tickets. The floor opened at 8AM, but for those of you who know us, we never get anywhere early unless our lives practically depend on it. The auction itself started at 1PM, and that's about when we rolled on in. There were over 900 cars on display, all of which were being auctioned off between Thursday and Saturday. We took a look around, and I was surprised at the diversity of the cars.

DSCN8941.jpg

DSCN8910.jpg

DSCN8938.jpg

DSCN8945.jpg

DSCN8946.jpg

There were classics.

DSCN8907.jpg

DSCN8921.jpg

DSCN8928.jpg

DSCN8929.jpg

DSCN8931.jpg

DSCN8939.jpg

DSCN8942.jpg

There were funny cars.

DSCN8908.jpg

DSCN8917.jpg

DSCN8937.jpg

DSCN8936.jpg

There were Mercedes.

DSCN8926.jpg

There were Woodys

DSCN8927.jpg

DSCN8918.jpg

They even had Johnny Carson’s Car!

DSCN8922.jpg

[Continued in next post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

There were work horses.

DSCN8930.jpg

DSCN8934.jpg

DSCN8912.jpg

DSCN8916.jpg

And I wouldn't want to get hauled off in this one!

DSCN8909.jpg

I enjoyed a snack.

IMG_4081.jpg

This one just didn't seem to fit in with the other cars we saw!

DSCN8948.jpg

Meanwhile the auction was going on.There was a tribute to the troops.

DSCN8932.jpg

But soon I found out why we were REALLY here! Fran had downloaded the auction order, and evidently she had studied the offerings quite closely. There were two bright shiny objects that caught her eye. This little baby was scheduled for a Friday auction. For the last two or three months she has been really looking into Rancheros and their pricing on eBay, Craigslist and other classic car online dealer sites. The only years she was interested in were 1957-59. But specifically the 59 because if the two tone paint.

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

There was another one that caught her eye, and this one was on the auction listing for today.

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4101.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

Once we had seen all the cars we headed to the auction area. It was pretty cool.

DSCN8943.jpg

Fran Tivos these events as they travel around the country. She'll watch them for hours at a time. But this was cool, it was just like on TV, the people wearing gloves pushed the cars into the spotlight when it was their turn for auction. We waited around an hour until Fran's car came up, in that time we saw an 87 corvette sell for $12,000 and an 84 Cadillac Convertible go for $8,500. Some of the prices were ridiculous! Others didn't meet the seller's reserve.

DSCN8944.jpg

Finally her car came up. She let a few other bidders go and when there was a lull in the bidding, she finally chimed in. Unfortunately she was out bid a couple times, but she had a high price in mind and luckily it never went past that.

DSCN8950.jpg

DSCN8954.jpg

After the bidding was over the auctioneer's assistant was all over us and the cameras were up in our faces.

DSCN8957.jpg

A girl cane buy to give us the initial paperwork and Fran got a complimentary Ball cap. Or should I say one VERY expensive ball cap!

Wowza! Did you know she was wanting to buy something when you went? Loved all the pictures, those were some really cool cars.

Congrats on the Ranchero. I wish our Model T and 56 Chevy Bel Air looked that spiffy, maybe someday.

She bought the yellow two-toned???

Congratulations! :faint:

Yup! Two toned yellow and white. Turns out the brown and white one didn't sell.

The Ranchero!?! Very nice! Congratulations!

Evidently she has wanted one since her father had one back in the 60s.

Wowza! Did you know she was wanting to buy something when you went? Loved all the pictures, those were some really cool cars.

Well she made sure that I could transfer money from savings to checking, and that I had the checkbook. I didn't know she already had some cars picked out.

Congrats on the Ranchero. I wish our Model T and 56 Chevy Bel Air looked that spiffy, maybe someday.

Thank god she stopped buying the fixer uppers!

That is cool.. Congratulations on the new toy!

Now we just need to play with it!

So today we had a nice surprise. We met with our architect. He has family that works for Disney. He gave us a Friends and Family pass for Company D. I had heard of the place, but never been there before. For those who don't know, its the Cast Member exclusive store, you must show your badge to get in, or have on of these passes.

It expired on the 30th, so we decided we better go today since it was not likely open tomorrow and we're busy the next two days. OMG! Everything was 50-75% off! I saw three or four shirts that I paid full price for (well less AP discount). Fran did some serious damage! I got a couple shirts and a nice wrap. I bought the teenagers on the FEE some generic pins, if they don't like them, they can trade them for something they do like!

So today we had a nice surprise. We met with our architect. He has family that works for Disney. He gave us a Friends and Family pass for Company D. I had heard of the place, but never been there before. For those who don't know, its the Cast Member exclusive store, you must show your badge to get in, or have on of these passes.

It expired on the 30th, so we decided we better go today since it was not likely open tomorrow and we're busy the next two days. OMG! Everything was 50-75% off! I saw three or four shirts that I paid full price for (well less AP discount). Fran did some serious damage! I got a couple shirts and a nice wrap. I bought the teenagers on the FEE some generic pins, if they don't like them, they can trade them for something they do like!

That's awesome! Glad you got the FE sorted out.

I didn't know CMs got that good of discounts, how fantastic. Now I'm really trying not to be judgemental or anything, but Fran will buy oodles of Disney stuff that she just puts in the closet but gives you a hard time for buying big ziplocks? I tried to hold it in I really did :rotfl:

. OMG! Everything was 50-75% off! I saw three or four shirts that I paid full price for (well less AP discount). Fran did some serious damage! I got a couple shirts and a nice wrap. I bought the teenagers on the FEE some generic pins, if they don't like them, they can trade them for something they do like!

WOW!!!!! :worship:

I seriously think I need to become a Disney CM when I retire...it would sure save me a few bucks.:rotfl:

That's awesome! Glad you got the FE sorted out.

Well I THOUGHT I had, turns out we didn't get our bag of pins! :headache: They rung those up first and didn't put them in the big bags of other stuff. Back to the dollar store tomorrow.

I didn't know CMs got that good of discounts, how fantastic. Now I'm really trying not to be judgemental or anything, but Fran will buy oodles of Disney stuff that she just puts in the closet but gives you a hard time for buying big ziplocks? I tried to hold it in I really did :rotfl:

So much of our relationship makes no sense what soever! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: However, she puts it like this, "We pinch pennies so that we can blow the thousands." At first she said, 'millions' but then she came back to reality.

A lot of the stuff was old and crappy things that never sold, but there were also a lot of perfectly good T-shirts and stuff, but they say 2012 on them and that merchandise will be obsolete in five weeks. They did have the shirt I was wearing at DL with PIO for 50% off.

I seriously think I need to become a Disney CM when I retire...it would sure save me a few bucks.:rotfl:

I'm not sure how quickly they get the merchandise in there, but all the Carsland and Buena Vista street shirts were there and on sale at 50% off. The 75% stuff was things that were probably two years old, like Star Tours opening shirts, and also the seasonal stuff like Halloween and St. Patty's Day. Still we dropped a bunch of money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter