PTR-Cheating on Mickey w/Harry!...OMG! Only a month to go!

Well I THOUGHT I had, turns out we didn't get our bag of pins! :headache: They rung those up first and didn't put them in the big bags of other stuff. Back to the dollar store tomorrow.

What a bummer. Any way to go back after the cruise with your receipt and get your money back?

So much of our relationship makes no sense what soever! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: However, she puts it like this, "We pinch pennies so that we can blow the thousands." At first she said, 'millions' but then she came back to reality.

Now that's a different way to look at things. I like it.

More likely......adding Disney shareholder value.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Wow that is too cool! And such great prices! Jealous.

Still though, I passed on a lot of things just because even a 50% I didn't REALLY want it. I did find one of the "churros" T-shirts, but it was in like S or M and we need XL, 2XL or 3XL. I only got a few shirts and stuff. I already have more clothes than I can deal with. When we told the architect about how much closet space we currently use (and that one bedroom has freestanding racks of clothes and we call it the closet rrom), I was pretty embarrassed. I almost felt like the Amelda Marcos of clothes! :lmao:

What a bummer. Any way to go back after the cruise with your receipt and get your money back?

Now that's a different way to look at things. I like it.

I think it was only like $12 worth. The pins that I got for the kids were like $2-3 each and Fran maybe got one or two pins of her own. Our time and the gas to drive to Anaheim isn't even worth that much.

She is so funny, she will go through trash cans and pull out cans and bottles to recycle, and then spend tens of thousands on cars. It makes no sense to me. In our house we are designing, she doesn't want to be "set" on the elevator to the second floor, but is willing to build the space and "do it later". She thinks that we may not have the money to include an elevator, but there is no way in heck she can do stairs. It's crazy! :crazy: But yet we can spend all this money on cars because, "we can sell them if we need to".

All she promised is that it wouldn't be boring! :flower3: That it is not!

So we are a month away from this trip...there were still a few details that were left unfinished...until today. Because we plan on spending two days at Universal we need a rental car. We would like to use that rental car to shop for groceries before checking in at Kidani.

For the past couple days, I have been checking around at various websites with a variety of options. I checked about renting at MCO, returning at WDW. Renting from MCO for the duration of our stay so as to return to the same location. Shuttle transportation to Universal and over to Disney taking DME back at the end of the trip.

Finally it dawned on me, what if we just got the car for a couple days and returned it the day after we checked in at Kidani. Our worst quote was $1450 to return the car at WDW, the best quote for duration of stay was $700. Shuttles to and from Universal/Disney was going to run around $200 total. Through AARP a four day rental would have run us about $250 and that seemed reasonable for the flexibility of a grocery run.

The only thing was I would need to get back to Kidani from the airport. I looked into a Mears shuttle, and when I indicated my destination, the website said that I DME was an option to the place that I was going to. I thought that you could only take DME if you had an airplane flight. So after about half an hour on the phone waiting for a Member Services agent, I finally got through. Turns out that since we want to return the car the day AFTER we check in at Kidani, once we get checked in, I can go to the DME kiosk at the hotel, and make a reservation for the following day. I can take the car back to the airport and catch a free bus back to the resort. The BEST part? We got a Mini Van through Costco Travel for only $147 for the three days!

Fran can rest in the room while I return the car and now we have our transportation all sorted out! :banana:

I'll be back later to report on some of the dining decisions that we've come up with too!

A month to go? Wow! This trip has snuck up.

Sounds like a good plan in place for transportation. 3 day minivan hire and DME back to MCO.

Look forward to seeing your dining plans.

Congrats on the rental price, that's not bad at all. Glad you can grab DME back, that's nice and convenient.

:cool1::cool1::cool1: one month to go!!!

Nice bit of info on DME and you got to love the Costco rates.

I made our end of Oct reservation at Kidani this week and went with a standard view to save points. We're only there for 3 nights before the cruise so hopefully I don't miss the savanna view too much.

So we are a month away from this trip...there were still a few details that were left unfinished...until today. Because we plan on spending two days at Universal we need a rental car. We would like to use that rental car to shop for groceries before checking in at Kidani.

For the past couple days, I have been checking around at various websites with a variety of options. I checked about renting at MCO, returning at WDW. Renting from MCO for the duration of our stay so as to return to the same location. Shuttle transportation to Universal and over to Disney taking DME back at the end of the trip.

Finally it dawned on me, what if we just got the car for a couple days and returned it the day after we checked in at Kidani. Our worst quote was $1450 to return the car at WDW, the best quote for duration of stay was $700. Shuttles to and from Universal/Disney was going to run around $200 total. Through AARP a four day rental would have run us about $250 and that seemed reasonable for the flexibility of a grocery run.

The only thing was I would need to get back to Kidani from the airport. I looked into a Mears shuttle, and when I indicated my destination, the website said that I DME was an option to the place that I was going to. I thought that you could only take DME if you had an airplane flight. So after about half an hour on the phone waiting for a Member Services agent, I finally got through. Turns out that since we want to return the car the day AFTER we check in at Kidani, once we get checked in, I can go to the DME kiosk at the hotel, and make a reservation for the following day. I can take the car back to the airport and catch a free bus back to the resort. The BEST part? We got a Mini Van through Costco Travel for only $147 for the three days!

Fran can rest in the room while I return the car and now we have our transportation all sorted out! :banana:

I'll be back later to report on some of the dining decisions that we've come up with too!

Alison, that is awesome news and I am so glad that you got it all worked out.

A month to go? Wow! This trip has snuck up.

Sounds like a good plan in place for transportation. 3 day minivan hire and DME back to MCO.

Look forward to seeing your dining plans.

Well, it looks like I have everything worked out. Now I just need to find ambition!

Congrats on the rental price, that's not bad at all. Glad you can grab DME back, that's nice and convenient.

:cool1::cool1::cool1: one month to go!!!

I just hope that the person knew what they were talking about and I can get DME back otherwise it will be an expensive cab ride!

Nice bit of info on DME and you got to love the Costco rates.

I made our end of Oct reservation at Kidani this week and went with a standard view to save points. We're only there for 3 nights before the cruise so hopefully I don't miss the savanna view too much.

Cool for you. I would miss the Savannah view!

Alison, that is awesome news and I am so glad that you got it all worked out.

Thanks!

I've just had to start reading this as we are staying at RPR when we go :)

You don't want to read this one, we never get there on this one. You want to read the "pinch me". That's the one where we actually go. I have lots of pictures of the ROH there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter