PTR Hooked on a Feeling June 2017

EsmeCullen

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I haven't even finished my Feb trip report and I am already starting another one, but here goes!

During my last trip, in Feb, I bought an annual pass and planned another trip almost immediately after returning. So, I will be there again from June 4th-8th. I will be with my friend Heather again, as we both got annual passes at the same time. The reason why I got the annual pass is because I wanted to come back and experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout.

I haven't really done much planning other than booking the hotel and meals. So far, my plans are below.

Day 1
I'm taking Southwest airlines to the John Wayne airport and will land around 2:30pm and will catch a shuttle to the Fairfield Inn. Heather will be taking the train up from San Diego. We have an early dinner reservation at 4:30 at the Carnation Cafe. We'll probably do a few rides after or hang out in Downtown Disney. We were thinking of going to Knotts Berry Farm or Universal but decided not to.

Day 2
We'll probably get breakfast at McDonalds as its right there near the South Harbor crosswalk and then head into Disneyland Park, as this park doesn't have EMH on this day. We have no reservations, but we may grab quick service somewhere. I kind of want to try the veggie gumbo at the Royal Street Veranda. We will be using fastpasses.

Day 3

We will go to DCA on this day. We'll get there before opening and I'll grab a fastpass for Mission breakout and maybe ride it if the line isn't that long. Heather will not ride it because she does not like heights or drop rides. Then we'll grab a fastpass for RSR and then hang out in Cars Land and then go to the pier. I don't think we'll be watching World of Color. I've seen the diamond anniversary version and the regular version already.

If we get done with DCA early, we may park hop and go into Disneyland for dinner somewhere or shopping and maybe a ride or two.

Day 4
We have breakfast reservations at Storyteller's in the GCH. We'll probably go back into DCA where I will ride Mission Breakout again as this will be our last day and maybe enjoy the superhero festivities and then end our night in Disneyland and watch the fireworks if they are having them on this night.

Day 5
I will be flying back home on an early flight because I will have work the next day.

Thats it so far. We want to take it fairly easy. I'm planning on going again in January so I don't necessarily have to do everything.

So, there's been a slight change in plans. On June 4th, we cancelled Carnation Cafe and we are going to go to the Pacific Warf cafe. On the 5th we have lunch reservations for Blue Bayou which is on my bucket list, so I'm excited!

Also, I have discovered Ridemax thanks to other posters, so I now have a preliminary itinerary. It is below..

June 4th (Sundays aren't available on Ridemax so I went based on the Saturday before.)
4:35pm dinner at Hungry Bear
5:21pm Winnie the Pooh
5:40pm Splash Mountain (Single Rider)
6:22pm Tiki Room
6:52pm Free Time (we'll probably browse the stores or people watch)
9:02pm Jungle Cruise
9:32pm Haunted Mansion
10:00pm Autopia

June 5th
9:00am Astro Orbiter
9:11am Buzz Lightyear
9:25am Space Mountain
10:03am Space Mountain again
10:59am Get Big Thunder Mountain Railroad FASTPASS
11:02am Pirates of the Caribbean
11:37am Get Indiana Jones FASTPASS
11:50am Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (use FASTPASS)
12:05pm Tiki Room
12:36pm Free Time
2:11pm Indiana Jones (use FASTPASS)
2:30pm lunch at Blue Bayou
3:45pm Daytime Parade ( 4:30pm performance)
5:09pm Free Time
5:24pm it's a small world
6:05pm Mickey and the Magical Map Show ( 6:25pm performance)
7:00pm Splash Mountain (Single Rider)
7:31pm Haunted Mansion
8:00pm Scheduled Break at Redd Rockett's Pizza Port
8:45pm shopping
9:30pm go back to hotel

June 6th
8:15am Get FASTPASS for Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT!
8:33am California Screamin' Roller Coaster
8:58am Mickey's Fun Wheel (Swinging Gondola) (I am crazy because I do love the swinging gondolas)
9:29am Get Radiator Springs Racers FASTPASS
9:38am Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! (use FASTPASS)
10:20am Little Mermaid
10:59am Animation building/Elsa and Anna meet and greet
12:48pm Get FASTPASS for Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT!
1:00pm lunch at Pacific Wharf Cafe
1:56pm Grizzly River Run (Single Rider)
2:27pm Guardians of the Galaxy meet and greet
6:38pm Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! (use FASTPASS)
7:18pm Radiator Springs Racers (use FASTPASS)
8:00pm Monsters, Inc.
8:30pm, head back to hotel, get Mcdonalds on the way back.

June 7th
9:10am Storytellers reservations
10:10am Get Goofy's Sky School FASTPASS
10:16am California Screamin' Roller Coaster
11:14am Get FASTPASS for Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT!
11:28am Goofy's Sky School (use FASTPASS)
11:51am Free Time, maybe play games at the boardwalk or ride rides on paradise pier with little waits. Maybe we'll go to Carsland and ride Luigi's or Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
3:00pm Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! (use FASTPASS)
3:30pm Park hop
5:15pm Space Mountain
6:58pm Jungle Cruise
7:30pm dinner at Carnation Cafe

8:46pm Pirates of the Caribbean
9:25pm Fireworks (Main Street View) ( 9:30pm performance)
10:00pm it's a small world

June 8th
fly home

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!