PTR - I go to an extreme to go back to Disney! UPDATED

I am very happy to see that the September hours have been posted. I can kind of plan a little bit before I make my dining ADR's on the 21st! I know that things can change, but for now it looks like Fantasmic is only going to be performed twice during our stay (Sunday 9/20 and Friday 9/25). So it looks like we're going to try to get the Fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's on Sunday, and I guess that means Sunday will probably be our Hollywood Studios day.

On another happy note, Chloe's disney crocs from ebay came in yesterday! They are so cute. They are the hot pink ones with the mickey heads. I was able to get Kaol's in my local Disney Store (his are blue with a lime green strap and mickey heads)....so cute!!!!

I just wanted to say that I promise to be better about updating my TR more often! LOL Seriously though, June 21 is my 90-day mark and at that point I will have something to add at least every other day. By the 45-day mark, Ill be updating daily! ;)

Chloe's best friend from school is moving back to Texas next Sunday, so I let Chloe invite her over to spend the night last night. I forget how much energy 6 and 7 year old girls have sometimes! And how little sleep they need! LOL
I wish I could bottle their energy, I'd make a fortune. The girls are going to be getting together a few more times this week before they leave on Sunday.

I am taking notes from another PTR I've been keeping up with - thanks flipflopmom - and I myself am going to be sharing my master list of things I need to do before we leave for our trip. And I will give yall updates on dining soon, too - just 13 more days til I make ADR's!!

Just want to share that today is my 100-day mark. I am so excited, I am counting down the days! I am really happy that I'll be able to make ADR's in 10 more days!

For the past couple days, Chloe and Layla have been pretty much inseparable. Layla spent the night here Monday night, Chloe spent the night with her last night, and Layla is here tonight. I think that her mom's taking them swimming or to a movie tomorrow while I'm at the doctor. The movers are coming to help them finish loading everything Saturday, so now her mom thinks they will go ahead and head out on Saturday night. I am a little worried about Chloe's reaction to this - they have spent a lot of time together since school was out, and they are most likely leaving Saturday evening.

Next, I am going to post my list of things to do in preparation for our trip and our list of narrowed-down table-service choices (and backups).

Hi again! I have had a very crazy last few days, and haven't found any extra time to check the disboards since the 14th! I've had withdrawals!!! LOL I am sorry I left everyone hanging, but since we had such a long break I have LOTS to add to this PTR.

As everyone following along knows, yesterday (June 21) was my ADR day. On Saturday, Melissa and I took DD & DS to Six Flags in St Louis for Melissa's company picnic. We decided on Friday that we would spend the night there on Saturday night, so I knew I'd have to set my phone's alarm to make sure I didn't miss getting those coveted ADRs!

I woke up at 5:30 yesterday morning in preparation to call at 6 (since we're an hour behind WDW). I got my "Disney notebook" out, a pencil, a pen, and another pad of paper. I made a very quick priority list (#1 castle b-fast, #2 Le Cellier, etc.), and called Disney Dining. It was 5:58 and they were not yet open - Ooops! I blame my excitement. I call again at 6 on the dot only to be told by the recorded message that I have an estimated 16-minute wait. I immediately panic a little, but I wait it out listening to disney music for 28 minutes. Yes, I did say 28.

CM says "Thank you for calling Disney Dining, this is ______. May I help you make a dining or Cirque du Soleil reservation today?" I have never been happier to hear those words in my life. I tell him I need to make my ADRs and he verified my reservation info. He then says the best thing ever - "Ok, you're all set. Let's get those ADR's. What is your first choice please?" I blurt out "Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, September 26, party of 5 (DH doesn't care to go this one), early reservation....please?" He laughs and checks it. And informs me that they do have an opening that morning BEFORE park opening at 8:35 a.m. I am so happy and I choke up as I tell him that is fine, and I will take that reservation.

Next on my dining wish list: Le Cellier. I tell CM this second choice and he says, "Wow, you like the difficult ones, don't you?" and laughs. I anxiously wait as he searches for dinner reservations at Le Cellier for any night of our 8-night stay. No Saturday 9/19 (not a problem, i didn't think we'd hit the parks that first day anyway). No Sunday 9/20 (again no problem as I think this will be our Hollywood studios day so we can catch Fantasmic that night). No Monday 9/21. No Tuesday 9/22 (that would have been difficult anyway, bc we have the halloween party that night). No Wednesday 9/23. No Thursday 9/24. Finally, Friday 9/25......they have 2 slots left! I very happily accept a 8:05 pm reservation for Le Cellier.

Coming up...more on ADRs! :cool1:

Picking back up where I left off, the CM checks choice #3 for me....Mama Melrose's as part of the Fantasmic package. Fantasmic is playing only twice during our stay, the 20th (Sunday) and the 25th (Friday). I have just received the much-longed for Le Cellier ADR for Friday night, so we are trying to get it for Sunday. NO LUCK. All 3 participating restaraunts are booked solid. He checks Friday night just in case - again, nothing. The only thing left available is a 3:15 pm at the Brown Derby. I politely decline. I do not want to trade my Le Cellier ADR for Brown Derby (especially since Brown Derby is a signature restaraunt and requires 2 ts credits per person). CM then checks for any availability for Mama Melrose at all for that Sunday evening for me. Nothing. He apologizes, and tells me I should check back weekly to check the availability of this package.

Next up, Ohana dinner. I am a little anxious. He finds a few openings there for me, and I choose Monday evening at 6:35 p.m. Yay! This was another place we REALLY wanted to try, so I am thrilled.

At this point, I decide to try my luck with the other character meals we wanted. CM finds dinner at 1900 Park Fare for our first night of the trip (this is awesome, I think this will be a great way to start the trip). He then finds dinner at Crystal Palace on the night of the MNSSHP for me (I was hoping to get a reservation in the MK that night so we'd have as much time as possible to enjoy the MK and the party). Then Chloe's single most requested meal: Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast. No problems there at all. Next, breakfast at Akershus. Score! He finds breakfast at 8:30, before park opening on Friday. How lucky am I?!!

Then we go back to "regular" ts meals. CM finds our Epcot top picks with ease. He even makes a suggestion or two about timing choices so we are sure to catch Illuminations. I really need to give him credit, he was FANTASTIC...very patient and very helpful.

He then finds breakfast at Chef Mickey's on our final day. :worship: I am in shock....I have been told that it is nearly impossible to get a breakfast reservation there on the weekends, especially since it is the last meal we booked and I was on the phone with him for a long time.

Coming up next.....our complete list of TS ADR's.

So here is our list of ADRS, in date order:

9/19 - Dinner at 1900 Park Fare 7:35 pm
9/20 - Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In 2:05 pm Hoping for fantasmic package opening, but just in case....
9/20 - Dinner at T-Rex at 10 pm
9/21 - Dinner at Ohana at 6:35 pm
9/22 - Dinner at the Crystal Palace at 6:05 pm
9/23 - Dinner at Biergarten 6:20 pm
9/24 - Breakfast at Ohana 8:40 am
9/24 - Dinner at Tokyo Dining 6:00 pm
9/25 - Breakfast at Akershus 8:30 am
9/25 - Dinner at Le Cellier 8:05 pm
9/26 - Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table 8:35 am
9/26 - Dinner at Tony's Town Square 5:50 pm (everyone but josh and I)
9/26 - Dinner at Les Chefs de France 6 pm (josh and I)
9/27 - Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Some of this may change slightly. Josh and I were supposed to have our date night on either Thursday or Friday evening, but we couldn't get Chefs de France on Thursday and we didn't want to give up the Le Cellier adr on Friday. We were also thinking of adding the Cape May Cafe breakfast or Donald's Safari Breakfast maybe on Monday morning.

Josh and I are thinking right now that we will still have our "just the two of us" dinner on Saturday, but meet everyone else immediately afterwards back at the MK (their ADR is at Tony's). We think date night will be Thursday evening after we all have dinner together at Tokyo Dining.

I should have mentioned this before I posted all of my ADR's. Josh decided that he would be greatly outnumbered by the women on our trip (although I pointed out that he had Kaol on his side LOL), and he begged me to let him invite his friend Jeff. I have known him almost as long as I have known Josh, and I think he's a great guy - he reminds me of Chris Farley. I told Josh that if Jeff didn't mind hanging with the princesses and the young prince then he was welcome to go, under a few conditions: 1) he'd have to book his own flight, 2) he'd have to pay his share by August 1 (I have to have the balance paid by August 5), 3) he'd have to be okay with character meals (he agreed, but also opted like josh, to skip breakfast at CRT), 4) he'd have to purchase his MNSSHP ticket on his own because I already ordered & received everyone else's, and 5) he'd be on his own or with the girls on mine and Josh's date night. So we added him to reservation last week. Our celebration is getting bigger and bigger!

Only fellow Disers understand the elation of getting ADRS! DH thought I was loony!

I am loving the online ADR system. Have you checked it out yet? I checked it like 15 times in two days for a Chef Mickeys! I saw one, debated on it for about 15 minutes, and when I went back it was GONE!!!! When one came up today, I jumped on it. If you're not sure, add it and "continue shopping" and it will keep it in your cart for two hours if you are actively searching for others! I am doing it again to get an earlier Ohana time!

Only fellow Disers understand the elation of getting ADRS! DH thought I was loony!

I am loving the online ADR system. Have you checked it out yet? I checked it like 15 times in two days for a Chef Mickeys! I saw one, debated on it for about 15 minutes, and when I went back it was GONE!!!! When one came up today, I jumped on it. If you're not sure, add it and "continue shopping" and it will keep it in your cart for two hours if you are actively searching for others! I am doing it again to get an earlier Ohana time!

No, I haven't checked it out yet, but I think I'm going to! Especially since Im thinking I might want to add a breakfast for Monday morning! Im so jealous of you - your vacation is quickly approaching! :)

Joining in. Grats on Remission! :goodvibes What a wonderful way to celebrate! I also am doing my first TR. Those are some great ADRs.

Joining in. Grats on Remission! :goodvibes What a wonderful way to celebrate! I also am doing my first TR. Those are some great ADRs.

Thank you so much! I'll have to check out your TR too! I wish I were going as soon as you are! Thanks for reading! :)

Hi again! Just wanted to hop on again and share a few more details of our trip. Now that we have ADRs I am going to start working on a "rough draft" schedule. It will have to be somewhat flexible with Kaol needing breaks for naps and things like that. And I also will be checking in weekly with the disney dining about that Mama Melrose reservation. Will post more tomorrow! :)

Sorry I haven't been on in 2 days, our internet service is acting kinda funny. I tried to get on four different times yesterday, but couldn't pull anything up. Again, same thing this morning. But hey! working now, so I'm gonna use it while I can.

Im going to call Disney Dining tonight to add the Wonderland Tea Party to our reservation (for Chloe). I couldn't add it the other day when I called because the kids programs only allow you to add them EXACTLY 90 days from the date you want to do them. I think I couldve actually called them yesterday, but I am doing it this afternoon. Chloe wants to do the tea party on Wednesday September 23. Will post again with an update about this.

Coming up next, my list of things to buy/bought already in preparation of the trip!

Ok, so here is a list of things to buy in preparation of the trip. Those marked with a * have already been purchased:

Pink Disney Crocs for Chloe *
Blue/green Disney Crocs for Kaol *
Flip-flops for Chloe *
Flip-flops for Kaol *
Flip-flops for Josh *
Sneakers for Josh
Sneakers for Chloe
New pack of Socks for Josh
New pack of socks for Me
Shorts for Me
Crops/Capris for Me
Cargo shorts for Josh *
Disney Tshirts for Chloe (Princesses, Tink, Camp Rock, etc) *
Disney "Onesies" for Kaol (Dumbo, Pooh, and Mickey) *
Other outfits for Chloe *
Other outfits for Kaol *
Costume for MNSSHP for Kaol
Pin Lanyard for Kaol *
Extra Pins for Trading *
Pins for Mindy (bday gift) *
Pal Mickey *
Disney Scrapbook for Mindy (bday gift) *
Disney Scrapbook for Me *
Poncho for Chloe *
Poncho for Kaol's Stroller
Smaller Umbrella stroller for Kaol
Swimming diapers for Kaol
Swimsuits for Kaol (2) *
Swimsuits for Chloe (2-3) *
Swimsuit for Me
Swim Trunks for josh (2) *
Disney Dollars for Chloe and Kaol
New digital camera *
New Memory card *
Alice in Wonderland costume for Chloe *
Snacks
Bottled water (to be shipped to resort)
Water misting fan
Disney towels (?)
Glow in the dark bracelets *
Autograph Book for Chloe *
Autograph Book for Mindy (bday gift) *
"Disney gifts" for Chloe (list in next post)

I'm sure there's actually more to add to this list, I guess I'll update that as we go along. Post again later today!

Now, here are the things I have planned for Chloe as her "Disney gifts" - she finds one back in the room after we get home from the parks each night of our trip. Here's what I've got so far:

1. Pink Mickey Head Earrings
2. Blue Mickey Head Earrings
3. Jasmine crown and jewelry
4. Jasmine costume and shoes
5. Alice in wonderland costume (for the tea party)
6. Princess photo album

I'm sure there is more to this list, too - more to follow! :)

Again with internet problems. UGH! I was ready to throw something at the computer on Sunday, and to be honest, I didn't even try yesterday. Tonight, no problems at all. Such is life....

So, we've had a LOT going on this past week....birthday parties, shopping trips, swimming lessons, etc. Life is crazy sometimes, but its good. Chloe has been just going, going, going. My baby will be 1 year old in 10 days (july 9). It's so hard to believe....

Back to the PTR. I last left you my list of things to puchase and chloe's disney gifts list. I will post my list of things to do in prep of the trip tomorrow. I've got several errands to run in the morning, and Im hoping to have time to stop by my local Disney store cuz a friend of mine says they're having a good sale. :cool1: Sales are always a good thing, especially when planning for a Disney vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!