PTR - I go to an extreme to go back to Disney! UPDATED

Hi again, everyone! I have missed being on the boards - seems like some days I dont have time for ANYTHING! A good thing I can say about taking a break from my PTR, though, is that now I have LOTS to add to it!

On a non-Disney related note, my brother left for Alaska yesterday afternoon. He is in the Air Force (went through ROTC in college) and his first station assignment is in Anchorage, Alaska. He has always been my "annoying little brother," but he grew up on me one day. I am so proud of him, and he is DD's hero. He and Chloe are pretty close, so it was kinda hard on us knowing he was leaving for a while. Hopefully though, we will have the opportunity to go and see him at the beginning of next year.

Also on a non-Disney note, I had a "cold gone bad" that I am just now getting over - that is the reason I had to take a break from my PTR. it started as a basic cold, but then I developed bronchitis. My doctor was concerned that with my weakened immune system that I would end up with pneumonia. He told me to take it easy, which if you know me is kind of hard to do! But I did get lots of rest and am feeling MUCH better.

Now for more disney details....

Back to my Disney-related stuff!

A while back, I told y'all about ordering the Alice dress from the infamous Mrs. B. When I ordered it, I also ordered some princess shoes that were multicolored sequined mary janes - cute and look comfortable. And would definitely match a lot of the princess gowns! Well, at the time I ordered my items from her, Mrs. B had to email me back to tell me the shoes were on backorder and she should get more the next week. She emailed me again a few days later and told me she received some more in Chloe's size. I was so impressed by her level of customer service (she packs the gowns/costumes/shoes/accessories meticulously) that I decided to go ahead and order two more costumes from her - Ariel's ballgown (like the one she wears at Akershus, it looks almost exactly like it) and Jasmine's costume. They should be here tomorrow - she shipped the shoes separately, and they have already arrived - they are soo cute!

So, Princess Chloe will definitely have the appropriate costumes to wear! princess:

This past Wednesday, I took the kids shopping for jeans for Chloe for school (she starts school again August 10). We went to the mall, and we actually found two pairs that fit her and she liked (which is not always an easy task....she is tall and skinny, so we HAVE to get jeans with an adjustable waist - and she, of course, will usually pick at least one pair that don't have the adjustable waist LOL). It didn't take us long to get her jeans, so I thought we'd stop in our Disney Store. I am glad we did - that morning, they had started 40% off their clearance prices! One of the CM's told me that they had announced it at 10:30 that morning and that they were a "test store" for it - meaning not all of the other stores were running that promotion.

I picked up a few things, some for the trip. I couldnt help but notice how a lot of the items they had would make GREAT Christmas gifts. It is hard to shop for Christmas gifts with the kids, though, so I bought a few things and then asked a cast member if there was any way they could pull some items and hold them for me until I could come back up there without the kids. The manager was there, and she said they could hold them for me overnight so I wouldn't have to rush back! YAY!

So I took my disney purchases home late that afternoon, and was super excited about showing Josh my "treasures" when he got off work. I showed him everything, and then told him about what I had on hold. He doesn't get excited about my shopping, but tells me that if I go back up there, i should look for tshirts we could wear on the trip. LOL give me a reason to go shopping!

Kaol (DS) had a doctor's appointment the next day, and we ended up spending most of the day recovering from his 1-year shots (poor baby....I cant watch when he gets a shot....I hold him and look away). Needless to say, we didn't make it back to the disney store. I call the manager to let them know that I won't make it that day but do want my items. I speak to different CM this time, but they say no problem and encourage me to come on Saturday as they are having a (My Friends Tigger and Pooh) Super Sleuth honey pot scavenger hunt for the kids.

I decide this might be fun for Chloe, so early Saturday afternoon we go back to the Disney Store. At this point, they still have 40% off the clearance, and they have some things out that I didn't see when I was there Wednesday. I pick up some more items, but am facing the dilemna of having the kids while trying to buy gifts again. This time, a CM approaches Chloe about the scavenger hunt and of course, Chloe wants to do it - what suprised me though was that the CM told me she would take her around while "Mom looks around a little" and winked. Bless her! So I quickly grab a few items I had in mind for Chloe for Christmas and take them to the registers for them to hide behind the registers while I am shopping for everything else. :woohoo:

Here are the items I purchased that day and that past Wednesday (including what they held for me):

Little Einsteins Leo's Musical Baton - originally $16.50, clearance price $7.99, with the extra 40% off $4.79

Ariel Charm Bracelet in gift box - originally $12.50, clearance price $3.99, with extra 40% off $2.39

Ladies Minnie Mouse Tank Top - originally $12.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Girls Tinkerbell one-piece swimsuit - originally $19.50, clearance price $9.99, with extra 40% off $5.99

Mickey stretch sleeper - originally $12.50, clearance price $7.99, with 40% off $4.79

Princess Wobble Pen Set - originally $9.50, clearance price $4.99, with 40% off $2.99

Mickey Toddler Swim Trunks - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Mickey Toddler Swim Rash Guard (top) - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Finding Nemo toddler swim trunks - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Finding Nemo toddler rash guard - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Finding Nemo Motorized Water Blaster - originally $9.50, clearance price $2.99, with extra 40% off $1.79

Ariel Aviator Sunglasses - originally $6.50, sale 75% off $1.62

Ariel "Glamour" Sunglasses (w rhinestones) - originally $6.50, sale 75% off $1.62

Girls Sleeping Beauty Fashion Sandals - originally $12.50, clearance price $5.99, extra 40% off $3.59

Girls Multi-Princess Fashion Sandals - originally $12.50, clearance price $5.99, extra 40% off $3.59

Pack of 10 Replacement Straws for Dome Tumblers - originally $3.50, clearance price $1.99, extra 40% off $1.20

Plush Roo (stuffed toy) - originally $14.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Plush Mushu - originally $14.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Plush Rabbit - originally $14.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Princess Gazebo with Accessories (fits tiny princesses, the ones that are about the same size as Kelly dolls) - originally $16.50, clearance price $9.99, extra 40% off $5.99

Ariel nightgown - originally $16.50, clearance price $9.99, extra 40% off $5.99

Wall-E PJ Pals - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, extra 40% off $3.59

Giselle (from Enchanted) Deluxe Costume - originally $99.50, clearance price $49.99, extra 40% off $29.99

Sleeping Beauty Deluxe Costume - originally $99.50, clearance price $49.99, extra 40% off $29.99

Baby Velour Mickey One-pc Coveralls - originally $19.50, clearance price $7.99, extra 40% off $4.79

Tinkerbell Bubble Wand - originally $12.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Fawn Disney Fairies Charm Necklace & Mini Booklet - originally $12.50, clearance price $.99, extra 40% off $0.60 - I bought a couple of these!!!

Iridessa Disney Fairies Charm Necklace & Mini Booklet - originally $12.50, clearance price $0.99, extra 40% off $0.60 - bought a couple of these too!!

Silvermist Disney Fairies Charm Necklace & Mini Booklet - originally $12.50, clearance price $2.99, extra 40% off $1.79 - not sure why hers and Rosetta's cost more, but they did

My "best buys" were the 2 costumes and the fairies necklaces and mini booklets! The costumes are beautiful - the deluxe are a little bit higher-quality than the regular costumes (though we have lots of those and love them too!).

They have LOTS of great stuff on sale now, so if you're looking for gifts this would be a good opportunity to get some at a great price! Oh, and if you need a baby gift they have some adorable baby clothes on clearance too!

Just wanted to post a quick message today. yesterday my items from Mrs. B arrived. They are absolutely beautiful! They are the same ones featured on the first page of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique thread. I ordered Jasmine and the Ariel ballgown - both are the same ones from the parks and cost just $29.99 plus shipping. Mrs. B packs things very carefully, Im always very impressed with her!

So as of today, we are officially 55 days away from WDW! I can't wait! I am starting to really get excited about the trip. I still have lots to do to get ready!

Yesterday was Kaol's birthday party. It is hard to believe my baby is one. He is the most adorable little guy with bright blue eyes and a dimple! He was very happy at his party and "showed off" a bit for friends and family - he started saying "sissy" a few days ago, so he said that a few times yesterday for everyone else to hear. His cake had blue frosting, so he ended up looking a bit like a Smurf by the time he finished his little cake. LOL Made for great pictures.

I dont have too much time to write today. Melissa and I are going to see the American Idols tonight (they are here in Memphis tonight!) - Im pretty excited to go see them! I don't watch AI every season, but this year I started watching again. I thought that this year's group was very talented, and cant wait to hear them.

On a Disney note, I looked up the information about the Food and Wine Festival. The festival line up is posted now, and it looks great! Lots of the kiosks are offering some delicious-sounding treats! We had just a taste - no pun intended - of Food and Wine Festival last year, and are really excited to get to be a part of it this year. I know for sure I have to try the Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee from the Paris, France booth!

That's all for now, hope to post more tomorrow!

I felt like I actually accomplished a few things from my disney "to-do list" this week. I made a payment on the trip - yay! my next to last payment! I also cashed in my points on a survey website and used them to buy a $50 Rainforest Cafe gift card. You earn points for each survey you take, and I've been saving my points for a little less than a year now. I will use the gift card at T-Rex (called to confirm that they accept it before I ordered it) - it will pay for at least part of our dinner there.

I also started looking up the prices for grocery stores in the Disney area that deliver. We have been considering ordering diapers, bottled water, and a few snacks from them. Not having to bring a lot of diapers would certainly save some room in the suitcase! Chloe informed me that if I order groceries that she "must have some Goldfish crackers." LOL she cracks me up.

I called disney dining again on Tuesday evening to see if there were any Fantasmic package openings on September 20. Still nothing. The CM I talked to told me to keep checking in with them, though, and she said I should call MORE than once a week. She said you can't book that one online, it has to be over the phone. Good to know.

We have been saving change from money left in the laundry (usually in the dryer) for a few months now. About once a month or so, Chloe and I count to see how much money is in the jar. As of Wednesday we had $47.21. I told her we could go ahead and trade some of it in for disney dollars, but we need to keep saving until the day before we head to disney. So we went to the disney store and traded for $22 in disney dollars. Chloe gets so excited about getting the disney dollars, so I like to divide up the change a little (so she can get more disney dollars later). She has been saving her own change too, so she will be able to trade that in the day before we leave.

I dont have much time to post tonight, but I will definitely be on again this weekend with more details to share.

It occurred to me that I have never posted a picture of my family on the boards. I dont have many of all of us, but I found one from school of Chloe, Kaol and myself. I am going to try to post it here:

DSC00604.jpg

Hopefully that works!

There! Now doesn't Princess Chloe just look SO happy? At that point she said she was "over taking pictures"! LOL she's quite the diva!

I found a better picture! Chloe is actually smiling in this one!

DSC00605.jpg

Now you can see what she looks like without so much attitude! :thumbsup2

After a few minor setbacks and a bit of bad news, I wanted to share some happiness on my PTR. I received my Magical Express packet today! Makes it feel more official somehow. I am so excited about the trip, I am counting down the days!

Chloe started school last Monday (the 10th), and things have just been soo crazy ever since. I havent had as much time as I thought I would lately, but I have started reading a few PTRs from others who are traveling close to the same time we are.

I had a mini "freak out moment" the day Chloe started school. She didn't know ANYONE in her class - I kept thinking there would be at least ontne person from her class last year, but that's not the case. She is actually very social and makes friends somewhat easily, so I knew deep down she would be fine, but I couldn't help tearing up a little bit after leaving her classroom that day. Her teacher is WONDERFUL, I instantly felt at ease around her. And when I picked Chloe up from school that afternoon, she told me about her new best friend (this made me feel a LOT better).

More to report Disney-wise soon, I promise!

Wanted to post an update about our dining ADRs and plans. I talked to Josh about having a table-service meal on our last day at Disney, and he said he thought the day would already be a little too hectic for that. I told him we had ADR's for Chef Mickey's that last morning, and he said he didn't think it was a good idea. I discovered the thread about cancelling or trading ADR's for September and offered to just give it to a fellow DIS-er. I had 8 private messages about it within about 12 hours! So we gave our Chef Mickey ADR to a fellow DIS-er who was very grateful for it. I was glad to be able to add an extra bit of magic to their trip! :)

So now, here is our updated ADR schedule:
Saturday 9/19
Dinner - 1900 Park Fare - 7:35 pm

Sunday 9/20
Lunch - Sci-Fi - 2 pm (out of pocket)
Dinner - TRex - 10 pm (out of pocket)

Monday 9/21
Dinner - Ohana - 6:35 pm

Tuesday 9/22
Dinner - Crystal Palace - 6:10 pm

Wednesday 9/23
Dinner - Biergarten - 6:20 pm

Thursday 9/24
Breakfast - Ohana - 8:40 am (out of pocket)
Dinner - Tokyo Dining - 6:00 pm

Friday 9/25
Breakfast - Akershus - 8:30 am
Dinner - Le Cellier - 8:05 pm

Saturday 9/26
Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table - 8:35 am
Dinner - Tony's Town Square - 5:50 pm (just the girls and Kaol)
Dinner - Chefs de France - 6:00 pm (Josh and Jeff)

So that is what we're working with now. We may still try to find a different restaraunt for the guys on Saturday night, I will make sure to post changes!

Today Ms. Wendy (from the DIS-igns board) shared her talents and made some dining invitations for me. She made several for Chloe, some for Kaol and Chloe together, and 3 special ones for Mindy. They look amazing, and she doesn't charge for this service. She is very creative and very talented!

More to come soon!

Hey Abby, finally had a chance to read thru your entire report! I must say that you definitely have a reason to celebrate, and how sweet of you to treat your BFF! Chloe and Kaol are so cute!!! I can't believe Chloe is already back to school! Devon does not go back to 9/9!!! He literally goes to school for a week and then I am pulling him out for Disney! :rotfl:

Hey Abby, finally had a chance to read thru your entire report! I must say that you definitely have a reason to celebrate, and how sweet of you to treat your BFF! Chloe and Kaol are so cute!!! I can't believe Chloe is already back to school! Devon does not go back to 9/9!!! He literally goes to school for a week and then I am pulling him out for Disney! :rotfl:

Thanks! I think they're cute, too (of course, I'm not partial or anything....). Yeah, I really hate that they go back to school so early down here, too. It seems like our summers are getting shorter and shorter....she got out of school at the end of May. June and July just flew by. By the first of August, we were back-to-school shopping and getting back into the "regular bedtime" routine. :sad2:

Today, I thought I'd take an idea from another PTR and post my tenative packing list. I'm sure I'll be adding to this, but here are what the 3 lists (Josh's, Chloe's, and mine) look like so far:

Josh's List
Cell phone and charger
Shaving Kit bag with toiletries
Flip Flops
Sneakers
Strap for glasses
Sunglasses
Shorts
Tshirts
"Nicer" shirts (polo and a button-down)
Khaki pants
Socks
Boxers
Pin Lanyard
Beach Towel

Chloe's List
Build-A-Bear (yes, she named her build a bear "Build A Bear") LOL
Swimsuits (2 or 3)
Swimsuit coverup
Swimming goggles
Beach Towel
Floaties
Pin Lanyard
Coloring books and crayons (for the flight)
Hat
Princess "Mickey" Ears
Sunglasses
Undies
Dresses
Tops
Shorts
Skirts
Pink Disney Crocs
Flip Flops
Mulan costume

And now....my list!
Cell phone and charger
Swimsuit
Swimsuits for Kaol (2 or 3)
Beach towels (2)
Sunglasses (me and Kaol)
Floaties for Kaol
Waterproof disposable camera (?) - maybe
Sunscreen
Swimming diapers
Baby toiletries (powder, baby shampoo, etc)
Makeup bag with toiletries
Tshirts and shorts for Kaol
More "dressed up" outfits for Kaol
Tshirts
Tank tops
Shorts/skorts
Floods/Capris
Dress
Undies
Socks
Sneakers
Sandals/Flip Flops
Flip Flops for Kaol
Disney Crocs for Kaol
Diapers (we are also considering having some delivered to the resort)
Wipes
Two favorite toys for Kaol
Camera with new memory card
Extra AA Batteries
Pin Lanyard
Extra Pins
Kaol's lanyard
Pal Mickey with outfits
E-tickets (flight)
Travel Itinerary
Magical Express passes
Travel Vouchers
T-Rex Gift Card
MNSSHP tickets
Chloe's Disney Dollars
spiral-bound notebook for notes
"Disney Notebook" - contains ADR confirmation numbers, plans, etc
Dining invitations for Chloe, Kaol, and Mindy
Mindy's Bday gifts (autograph book, mickey scrapbook, disney scrapbook stickers, pins for trading, pins to keep)
Chloe's "disney gifts"
Kaol's "disney gifts" (his are stuffed animals & such)
Chloe's autograph book
Pens
markers
Disney gift card
Small package of band aids
Aloe Vera (for sunburns)
Ziploc bags
clothespins

Whew! I think that's it! :scared1: I will keep updating it, though!

Thanks! I think they're cute, too (of course, I'm not partial or anything....). Yeah, I really hate that they go back to school so early down here, too. It seems like our summers are getting shorter and shorter....she got out of school at the end of May. June and July just flew by. By the first of August, we were back-to-school shopping and getting back into the "regular bedtime" routine. :sad2:

Wow!!! Here I would have thought she was done the school year earlier since she went back so soon!!! Devon was done school 6/12 and does not go back to 9/9... Thank goodness I have all his school supplies, so he is good to go. Now if I could just get everything together for our trip!! :rotfl:

I actually just posted my packing list in my report today too!!! See great minds think alike!!! :goodvibes

Wow!!! Here I would have thought she was done the school year earlier since she went back so soon!!! Devon was done school 6/12 and does not go back to 9/9... Thank goodness I have all his school supplies, so he is good to go. Now if I could just get everything together for our trip!! :rotfl:

I actually just posted my packing list in my report today too!!! See great minds think alike!!! :goodvibes

Lol, that's exactly right - great minds DO think alike!

I know, you'd think Chloe would be out be the first of May considering how early she goes back each year! The school system she's in does go longer than most though, or so I've heard. That's why I don't worry about taking her out of school for a week for Disney! :laughing:

Happy Saturday! I was reading thread on the boards about magical moments, so I wanted to share some of ours from our first trip last year:

We had so many magical moments, but a few stuck out:

I am a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast. It is one of my very favorite movies, and Belle is my favorite princess. We took Chloe to Toontown Fair to meet the princesses, and lo and behold, there was Belle! I patiently waited while Chloe took pictures with Cinderella and Prince Charming (who was also very kind, by the way - She told him she'd never met a real prince before, it was so cute), and then she got to meet Belle. I took pictures and so did the photopass photographer, and then Josh commented to Cinderella and the Prince that I was more excited than Chloe was about meeting Belle. They all laughed, and Belle said, "Oh, we must have so much in common! Do you like books?" and took me by the hand to "her" tent. I had tears in my eyes and could hardly speak, I felt like a little girl. She asked me if Josh was like her prince or more like Gaston, and that she hoped he wasn't "positively primeval" like Gaston. We took pictures, and I barely gulped out "thank you Belle" and she hugged me. I felt like I was the 6 year old. That moment alone for me was completely magical. Only at Disney can a 28-year old become 6 again.

We were walking through the World Showcase on our way to an ADR when we saw Aurora standing in the garden with a photographer and NO ONE else. We rush over, and Chloe says to me, "Wait a minute! Mommy, I can't have my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty looking like this! We gotta brush my hair!" I laughed, and at that point, someone else had walked up behind us. We told her to go ahead and brushed Chloe's hair. When it was our turn, the first thing Aurora said to her was, "My, Princess, you have such pretty hair!" They had a very serious discussion about pink and blue being their favorite colors, and then Aurora said, "You are such a pretty princess, Would you please take a picture with me?" Chloe beamed, and those pictures are some of my favorite from the whole trip.

We saw the very same Aurora at Cinderella's Royal Table (I know that CRT isn't free, but I really wanted to share this) the next day. When she walked up, it was my intention to tip her off that we had met her before ("How nice to see you again, Princess Aurora..." something like that). Before I can say a word, Aurora says, "Hello Princess! I can't believe this, you are even more beautiful today than yesterday!" Chloe just glowed, and I had tears in my eyes.

We met Mickey AND Minnie in the Judge's Tent. Chloe, in her true dramatic style, rushed over and hugged them, saying, "I'm so happy! We got to come see you, and I've been waiting my whole life to meet you!" We took lots of pictures and when we were leaving the tent, Mickey stuck his head thru the other side of the curtain and signed I Love You to her. I nearly cried.

Chloe had a BBB makeover at Downtown Disney a few hours before MNSSHP, and she received a lot of attention from cast members from the time we entered the MK. During the Boo To You parade, we lined up on the sidewalk and had a great spot to view it. The pirates float was coming by, and a pirate walked right up to us, looked at Chloe, and said "A mermaid on dry land? Now I've seen it all!" We laughed and laughed about it.

Again, our entire trip seemed to be a series of magical moments, but those were the highlights for us. We can't wait to return!

Happy Saturday! I was reading thread on the boards about magical moments, so I wanted to share some of ours from our first trip last year:

We had so many magical moments, but a few stuck out:

I am a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast. It is one of my very favorite movies, and Belle is my favorite princess. We took Chloe to Toontown Fair to meet the princesses, and lo and behold, there was Belle! I patiently waited while Chloe took pictures with Cinderella and Prince Charming (who was also very kind, by the way - She told him she'd never met a real prince before, it was so cute), and then she got to meet Belle. I took pictures and so did the photopass photographer, and then Josh commented to Cinderella and the Prince that I was more excited than Chloe was about meeting Belle. They all laughed, and Belle said, "Oh, we must have so much in common! Do you like books?" and took me by the hand to "her" tent. I had tears in my eyes and could hardly speak, I felt like a little girl. She asked me if Josh was like her prince or more like Gaston, and that she hoped he wasn't "positively primeval" like Gaston. We took pictures, and I barely gulped out "thank you Belle" and she hugged me. I felt like I was the 6 year old. That moment alone for me was completely magical. Only at Disney can a 28-year old become 6 again.

We were walking through the World Showcase on our way to an ADR when we saw Aurora standing in the garden with a photographer and NO ONE else. We rush over, and Chloe says to me, "Wait a minute! Mommy, I can't have my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty looking like this! We gotta brush my hair!" I laughed, and at that point, someone else had walked up behind us. We told her to go ahead and brushed Chloe's hair. When it was our turn, the first thing Aurora said to her was, "My, Princess, you have such pretty hair!" They had a very serious discussion about pink and blue being their favorite colors, and then Aurora said, "You are such a pretty princess, Would you please take a picture with me?" Chloe beamed, and those pictures are some of my favorite from the whole trip.

We saw the very same Aurora at Cinderella's Royal Table (I know that CRT isn't free, but I really wanted to share this) the next day. When she walked up, it was my intention to tip her off that we had met her before ("How nice to see you again, Princess Aurora..." something like that). Before I can say a word, Aurora says, "Hello Princess! I can't believe this, you are even more beautiful today than yesterday!" Chloe just glowed, and I had tears in my eyes.

We met Mickey AND Minnie in the Judge's Tent. Chloe, in her true dramatic style, rushed over and hugged them, saying, "I'm so happy! We got to come see you, and I've been waiting my whole life to meet you!" We took lots of pictures and when we were leaving the tent, Mickey stuck his head thru the other side of the curtain and signed I Love You to her. I nearly cried.

Chloe had a BBB makeover at Downtown Disney a few hours before MNSSHP, and she received a lot of attention from cast members from the time we entered the MK. During the Boo To You parade, we lined up on the sidewalk and had a great spot to view it. The pirates float was coming by, and a pirate walked right up to us, looked at Chloe, and said "A mermaid on dry land? Now I've seen it all!" We laughed and laughed about it.

Again, our entire trip seemed to be a series of magical moments, but those were the highlights for us. We can't wait to return!

Aw!!! Such great stories Abby!!! Disney truly is a magical place!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter