PTR - I go to an extreme to go back to Disney! UPDATED

I'm back! Sorry I didn't get to write yesterday, it was a VERY busy day for us. Errands and a school project - fun stuff. I did, however, finally get a chance to sit and talk Disney with Josh over a late lunch. And I went to Michael's and got some more glow bracelets - package of 15 was just $1! - and some disney scrapbook stuff (some for mindy's book, but mostly for me....I am so bad).

I got letters from the thread I read about for Chloe, Kaol, and even one for Mindy. They are super cute!

I started putting some of the stuff I'm packing in a big box today. Pal Mickey, pin lanyards, extra pins, Chloe's disney gifts, glow bracelets, and Mindy's bday gifts are all in there so far. It made me happy just to be able to do that! 26 days to go!

I'm back! Sorry I didn't get to write yesterday, it was a VERY busy day for us. Errands and a school project - fun stuff. I did, however, finally get a chance to sit and talk Disney with Josh over a late lunch. And I went to Michael's and got some more glow bracelets - package of 15 was just $1! - and some disney scrapbook stuff (some for mindy's book, but mostly for me....I am so bad).

I got letters from the thread I read about for Chloe, Kaol, and even one for Mindy. They are super cute!

I started putting some of the stuff I'm packing in a big box today. Pal Mickey, pin lanyards, extra pins, Chloe's disney gifts, glow bracelets, and Mindy's bday gifts are all in there so far. It made me happy just to be able to do that! 26 days to go!

Ugh!! I am dreading the back to school work, but then again, with all the summer work the teacher sent Devon home with, it's like we never stopped!! :rotfl:

I got a letter made for Devon too!!! They are so cute! I got the Goofy halloween one made for him. Which ones did you get made for Chloe, Koal ans Mindy??

Yep, I got my bag of Disney goodies too!!! Such a great feeling that are trips are like 3 weeks away!! So beyond excited!!!

Hi again! Sorry I went MIA this week, it has just been a bit hectic around here. So I am 21 days away from our trip and am soo excited at this point! I have done a few more things to get ready for our trip:

1. Began really researching cakes from the Grand Floridian and Boardwalk bakeries by viewing the threads with pictures and prices (thanks, DIS!). I would like to make a final decision about Mindy's birthday cake and order it a few days before we leave. I have decided that we are going to order a chocolate slipper for her at our Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast. At this point, Mindy still doesn't know we will be eating at the castle for her birthday breakfast - hopefully we can keep it a secret until that morning. I can't wait!

2. I put some more items in the "Disney box" - floaties and swim goggles for Chloe, magical express passbook and luggage tags, swim diapers for Kaol, etc. My box is getting full!

3. Chloe and I sat down and made a list of snacks she'd like to take with us for the plane and our resort room. We'll be shortening that list a bit, but I'm happy to have a few ideas from her! :laughing:

4. We went through Chloe's clothes today so we can finalize what she'll be wearing on the trip. Crazy, huh? But if you knew her, you'd understand. She is VERY opinionated about what she wears, so we have to kinda choose together. LOL I make her try everything on! And yay! we have MOST of her outfits picked out.

5. Kaol's outfits for the trip are chosen! I have decided what he'll wear and know what I'll be packing for him for the week. We will pack an outfit for each day plus a few extras in case he spills something or gets sweaty, etc.

I still have lots to do to keep me busy in the days ahead. I am still calling disney dining regularly about the fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's for dinner. I am okay with it if we don't get it, because if we do it will require some ADR tweaking, and Chloe is really excited about having lunch at the Sci-Fi.

Coming soon: Kaol's Disney wardrobe! And (hopefully) Chloe's Disney wardrobe!

Hi again! Sorry I went MIA this week, it has just been a bit hectic around here. So I am 21 days away from our trip and am soo excited at this point! I have done a few more things to get ready for our trip:

1. Began really researching cakes from the Grand Floridian and Boardwalk bakeries by viewing the threads with pictures and prices (thanks, DIS!). I would like to make a final decision about Mindy's birthday cake and order it a few days before we leave. I have decided that we are going to order a chocolate slipper for her at our Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast. At this point, Mindy still doesn't know we will be eating at the castle for her birthday breakfast - hopefully we can keep it a secret until that morning. I can't wait!

2. I put some more items in the "Disney box" - floaties and swim goggles for Chloe, magical express passbook and luggage tags, swim diapers for Kaol, etc. My box is getting full!

3. Chloe and I sat down and made a list of snacks she'd like to take with us for the plane and our resort room. We'll be shortening that list a bit, but I'm happy to have a few ideas from her! :laughing:

4. We went through Chloe's clothes today so we can finalize what she'll be wearing on the trip. Crazy, huh? But if you knew her, you'd understand. She is VERY opinionated about what she wears, so we have to kinda choose together. LOL I make her try everything on! And yay! we have MOST of her outfits picked out.

5. Kaol's outfits for the trip are chosen! I have decided what he'll wear and know what I'll be packing for him for the week. We will pack an outfit for each day plus a few extras in case he spills something or gets sweaty, etc.

I still have lots to do to keep me busy in the days ahead. I am still calling disney dining regularly about the fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's for dinner. I am okay with it if we don't get it, because if we do it will require some ADR tweaking, and Chloe is really excited about having lunch at the Sci-Fi.

Coming soon: Kaol's Disney wardrobe! And (hopefully) Chloe's Disney wardrobe!

I know!!! My "Disney Bag" is getting fulled to the brim!!! Thank goodness we are only a few weeks away!!!

So after talking to Devon about snacks, we decided we are going to pack a few little snack bags (chips and doritos) and few breakfast bars for me for the plane just in case! :rotfl:

Devon absolutely loved Sci Fi!!! Food is not the best, but the atmosphere for little guys is just so enthrawing to them!

Thanks for posting that, Reese. Everyone keeps telling me that same thing about the Sci-Fi = that is, you go for the atmosphere, not the food. I figure we'll stick with basic burgers. Someone else also recommended to me that Sci-Fi is the best place for the kids to get the light-up drink because it's so dark in there it really stands out. Chloe begged for one last year, and we finally ordered one toward the end of the week and the waiter forgot it (it wasnt on the bill, so I didn't complain). She never forgets ANYTHING, so I'm sure it will be one of the first things she asks for this trip. :)

I am so excited about our ADR's this trip that I am thinking I may even do a Food Report after I get back. My only hesitancy about is I am unsure if I'll be able to snap pictures of everybody's food before they bite into it! :rotfl:

Here is a listing of Kaol's "Disney duds" (his disney wardrobe):

Blue Toy Story tshirt and khaki shorts
Plaid Shortalls (have "One Cool Dude" written on them) and matching onesie
Navy Blue Polo shirt and blue/green plaid shorts
Sky Blue Onesie and Denim Overalls with Fish on them
White Onesie with Cars and Denim Overalls with Cars
Baby Blue and white "Little Prince" Romper
Orange/brown plaid Romper
Blue "Whale Watcher" Polo-style Romper
"Rockstar" Onesie with matching blue shorts
Red Pooh & Friends Onesie
Navy Blue Mickey & pals Onesie
Red Toy Story tshirt and navy shorts
Dolphin Swimsuit with matching rash guard
Surf swimsuit with matching rash guard
blue/green disney crocs
brown "safari" hat
baseball cap
navy blue with plaid trim hat
Dino pjs

Whew! I think that just about does it for him! I know it looks a little excessive but I thought I better have a few extra outfits just in case. Plus last year we changed clothes at least once a day!

I'm finally back! I've been trying to catch up on everyone else's PTRs instead of working on my own! That's bad, huh?

So we are finally in September and it is getting closer and closer to our trip. In fact, we are just 5 days away. I can't believe how time has flown by. Now if these last 5 days will just fly by! :lmao:

I've actually done a whole lot for our trip since I last updated my PTR. This past weekend was crazy. My birthday is on 9/11, but it is hard for me to celebrate on that day because of the 9/11 tragedy so I usually celebrate on the 12th or on the 18th (my best friend from college has her birthday on the 18th, we have celebrated together many times). So over the weekend, I was SUPPOSED to go out and celebrate my birthday. Instead I got stuff together for the trip, which I actually think might have been better!

I went to my local disney store with the intention of pre-ordering Snow White on blu-ray/dvd combo pack. Well, wouldn't you know it, I picked up a lot more than that! LOL I also got 2 more tshirts for Chloe (I know, like she needs another tshirt), a halloween treat bag for the MNSSHP, pink glittery ruffle skirt, pink crown top, and pink glittery shoes for Chloe. The plush animals were buy one get one free so I picked up Woody and Mickey for Kaol. I found a plush tinkerbell for Chloe on clearance. And I found a mickey mouse clubhouse counting car for Kaol for Christmas!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to buy snacks for the trip and food for this week. They had lots of snacks on sale, and I think I bought too many cookies! LOL For the trip I picked fruit snacks, a box of cereal, small box of poptarts, cookies, goldfish crackers, microwave popcorn, and pretzels.

Trip is quickly approaching! So much is done, but still a lot to do!

I'm finally back! I've been trying to catch up on everyone else's PTRs instead of working on my own! That's bad, huh?

So we are finally in September and it is getting closer and closer to our trip. In fact, we are just 5 days away. I can't believe how time has flown by. Now if these last 5 days will just fly by! :lmao:

I've actually done a whole lot for our trip since I last updated my PTR. This past weekend was crazy. My birthday is on 9/11, but it is hard for me to celebrate on that day because of the 9/11 tragedy so I usually celebrate on the 12th or on the 18th (my best friend from college has her birthday on the 18th, we have celebrated together many times). So over the weekend, I was SUPPOSED to go out and celebrate my birthday. Instead I got stuff together for the trip, which I actually think might have been better!

I went to my local disney store with the intention of pre-ordering Snow White on blu-ray/dvd combo pack. Well, wouldn't you know it, I picked up a lot more than that! LOL I also got 2 more tshirts for Chloe (I know, like she needs another tshirt), a halloween treat bag for the MNSSHP, pink glittery ruffle skirt, pink crown top, and pink glittery shoes for Chloe. The plush animals were buy one get one free so I picked up Woody and Mickey for Kaol. I found a plush tinkerbell for Chloe on clearance. And I found a mickey mouse clubhouse counting car for Kaol for Christmas!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to buy snacks for the trip and food for this week. They had lots of snacks on sale, and I think I bought too many cookies! LOL For the trip I picked fruit snacks, a box of cereal, small box of poptarts, cookies, goldfish crackers, microwave popcorn, and pretzels.

Trip is quickly approaching! So much is done, but still a lot to do!

Happy belated birthday Abb!!! party: Hope you enjoyed your day!!! I can not believe how soon the trips are approaching!! I basically am ready to go, other then packing that is!! :laughing: I sure hope with all the things I have to do this week that time flies!!! I think I've said that about a million times so far this week!! :rotfl:

I basically am ready to go, other then packing that is!! :laughing: I sure hope with all the things I have to do this week that time flies!!! I think I've said that about a million times so far this week!! :rotfl:

LOL, that's about all I have left to do now, too! I need to go pick up a new pack of socks, but that's the only thing I have left to buy! YAY! This week I just have to pack and clean the house (laundry, etc). I am also hoping the time will pass quickly!

Wanted to post a basic rundown of where we'll be and when in case I run into any of you fellow DIS-ers. This is just a basic overview:

Sat 9/19: Arrive at Disney around 1 p.m.
Josh & Jeff: Typhoon Lagoon
Everyone else: Downtown Disney/Orlando outlets
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian
Disneyquest (?)

Sun 9/20: Hollywood Studios Day
We want to be there at rope drop. Fingers crossed!
Lunch at Sci-Fi
Fantasmic 8 p.m.
Dinner at T-Rex

Mon 9/21: Open
Most likely Magic Kingdom
Chloe - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Castle location) 4:35 p.m.
Dinner at Ohana in the Polynesian
Open evening: we will either be at HS for extra magic hours or MK for Spectromagic and Wishes

Tues 9/22: Water Parks and MNSSHP
Blizzard Beach
Dinner at Crystal Palace
MNSSHP

Wed 9/23: Our "more relaxed" day
Sleep in a little!
Abby, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast (late) at 1900 Park Fare
Open Park Day
Dinner at Biergarten
Evening extra magic hours at Epcot

Thurs 9/24:
Breakfast at Ohana
Epcot or AK or both
Dinner at Tokyo Dining
Abby & Josh: Date night (Epcot, Downtown Disney, and maybe Boardwalk)

Fri 9/25: AK/Epcot
Abby, Melissa, Mindy, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast at Akershus
Josh & Jeff: AK at Rope Drop
Animal Kingdom
Park Hop to Epcot
Dinner (late) at Le Cellier

Sat 9/26: Mindy's Birthday!
Abby, Chloe, Kaol, Mindy, & Melissa: Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
MK, possibly park hop to Epcot or HS for a bit
Mindy, Melissa, Jeff, Chloe & Kaol: Dinner at Tony's Town Square
Abby & Josh: Dinner at Chefs de France
Meet back at MK for Spectro and Wishes

Sun 9/27: Going home!
Checkout/drop off luggage to bell services
Open Park or downtown disney
Report back for Magical Express pickup about 2:30
MCO to Memphis 5:50

So that's what we are looking at as of now. I'm trying to be flexible with our schedule, I don't feel like we HAVE to be at the parks for rope drop every morning, but I'd like to for our first full day (Sunday).

Wanted to post a basic rundown of where we'll be and when in case I run into any of you fellow DIS-ers. This is just a basic overview:

Sat 9/19: Arrive at Disney around 1 p.m.
Josh & Jeff: Typhoon Lagoon
Everyone else: Downtown Disney/Orlando outlets
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian
Disneyquest (?)

Sun 9/20: Hollywood Studios Day
We want to be there at rope drop. Fingers crossed!
Lunch at Sci-Fi
Fantasmic 8 p.m.
Dinner at T-Rex

Mon 9/21: Open
Most likely Magic Kingdom
Chloe - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Castle location) 4:35 p.m.
Dinner at Ohana in the Polynesian
Open evening: we will either be at HS for extra magic hours or MK for Spectromagic and Wishes

Tues 9/22: Water Parks and MNSSHP
Blizzard Beach
Dinner at Crystal Palace
MNSSHP

Wed 9/23: Our "more relaxed" day
Sleep in a little!
Abby, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast (late) at 1900 Park Fare
Open Park Day
Dinner at Biergarten
Evening extra magic hours at Epcot

Thurs 9/24:
Breakfast at Ohana
Epcot or AK or both
Dinner at Tokyo Dining
Abby & Josh: Date night (Epcot, Downtown Disney, and maybe Boardwalk)

Fri 9/25: AK/Epcot
Abby, Melissa, Mindy, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast at Akershus
Josh & Jeff: AK at Rope Drop
Animal Kingdom
Park Hop to Epcot
Dinner (late) at Le Cellier

Sat 9/26: Mindy's Birthday!
Abby, Chloe, Kaol, Mindy, & Melissa: Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
MK, possibly park hop to Epcot or HS for a bit
Mindy, Melissa, Jeff, Chloe & Kaol: Dinner at Tony's Town Square
Abby & Josh: Dinner at Chefs de France
Meet back at MK for Spectro and Wishes

Sun 9/27: Going home!
Checkout/drop off luggage to bell services
Open Park or downtown disney
Report back for Magical Express pickup about 2:30
MCO to Memphis 5:50

So that's what we are looking at as of now. I'm trying to be flexible with our schedule, I don't feel like we HAVE to be at the parks for rope drop every morning, but I'd like to for our first full day (Sunday).

Hey Abby!!! We may do EMH at Epcot on 9/23... Our plans for that evening are pretty much up in the air. We also have Ohana ressies at 8:55a on the 24th!!! Be on the look out!!! Devon will be in his Blue Phillies shirt (the P has Stars and strips in it) Hope we run into each other at some point!!!

Hey Abby!!! We may do EMH at Epcot on 9/23... Our plans for that evening are pretty much up in the air. We also have Ohana ressies at 8:55a on the 24th!!! Be on the look out!!! Devon will be in his Blue Phillies shirt (the P has Stars and strips in it) Hope we run into each other at some point!!!

I hope we run into each other, too! It would be great to meet you! Oh, I am sooo excited!

I'm just trying to get everything done now! I have almost finished packing, just need to add socks once I buy them (this afternoon). Chloe's carry-on is packed! So is Kaol's diaper bag! Josh is completely packed (carry-on and checked bag)! So I am the only one slacking! :rotfl:

Just wanted to share something quickly this morning as I am off to run errands in about an hour. This morning I received an email from Northwest saying I can check in for our flight anytime after 8:45 a.m. tomorrow for our flight on Saturday. Oooh, I am so excited now!

I tried to do the online check-in, but there is always an error. I called and the CM says that happens pretty frequently. So I guess I'll just do regular check-in this time!

Still no Mama Melrose fantasmic package available! So we are going to leave our dining plans alone at this point. Chloe's BBB appointment is still set for Monday afternoon as well, we are still hoping an opening will pop up on Tuesday.

Countdown: 2 days! In 48 hours I will be on the plane heading to Disney!

Oh how exciting!! Only 1 full day to go before your trip!!! I'm with you, I am totally slacking in the packing department as well... I figure the more I have to do in the days leading up to the trip, the faster the days will go!! LOL!! :rotfl:

Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for reading my PTR. We had a wonderful vacation and made some memories that will truly last a lifetime. I will be working on a trip report with pictures starting this week.

Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for reading my PTR. We had a wonderful vacation and made some memories that will truly last a lifetime. I will be working on a trip report with pictures starting this week.

Woo hoo!!! I'll definitely be tuning in!!! Just let me know the link once you start it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter