The Joys of Traveling with Three Kids RPR Club Level 8 nights! 7/2018

We took the kids for an overnight at Great Wolf Lodge. I thought spring break started this Friday...but I was mistaken. So we sent the kids to school Friday with a note saying we were picking them up early for an appointment. Technically not a lie because we had an appointment for fun! Though we did lead the kids to believe we were going for checkups. So they were pretty surprised!

Anyway, this ties into our Universal trip in two ways. 1. My suitcase is well past it’s useful life and it needs replacing. 2. I swear I’m gonna pack for our trip over like the span of 3 months. Packing for a family of five takes forever. It took me an hour to pack for 1 night. I’m going to make a master list and pack all our toiletries and things well in advance and the night before make sure to add the clothes for everyone.

Our family likes Great Wolf. The water park is clean as are the rooms. They have nicely themed rooms. We stay in one that has a little cabin built into it that sleeps 3 kids. Perfect for my family. When we checked in we were informed that we were picked as a Very Important Family. That was a nice surprise. You get complimentary late checkout, a free game of bowling for everyone in the room, and snazzy gold wristbands. Plus once we went to our room there was also a special package with drinks and snacks.

The slides aren’t super thrilling but they are perfect for us. And then for the evening they have the MagiQuest game that my boys love to run around the hotel playing. Em and I were content to stay in the room and play UNO by the fireplace.

Following along!

Re Legoland - one issue with the shuttle is that you are on their schedule. If this doesn't bother you, then it is the most economical way to go. You just have to get from RPR to the I-Drive 360 parking structure. A day rental from the hotel would be more expensive but you could head down and leave on your own schedule.

We went to Legoland when my daughter was almost 12. She enjoyed it, in particular the Miniland area. The rides were a bit tame but there were a couple of fun coasters. I don't think we would go back again, though.

Keep in mind, there is also a water park at Legoland - you could easily "kill" some time there if the kids aren't excited about the rides.

Love Great Wolf Lodge! Went with my sons when they were younger.When you live in a cold area (Buffalo, NY is home) it's so nice to go to an indoor water park. it makes you forget what's outside!! It was the first time I went on a water coaster! We loved the water coaster at Volcano Bay!!

So not much going on in the land of pre trip planning.

While reading everyone else’s reports I’m starting a list of places we may like to eat. I won’t plan meals ahead of time but I think it’s nice to have a list that we can look at when deciding what we are in the mood for. So far we have Hot Dog Hall of Fame and Breadbox for new quick service. For sit down we know we will do Jakes. We also want to try Mythos. I really want to try toothsome...but we may just do dessert there.

In other news I have bought two swimsuits for the trip. One is a two piece for when I’m feeling brave and the other is a black one piece that looks like a romper. They both fit great and I’m excited to wear them! Plus we are getting a pool installed in May so I’m sure to get plenty of use out of them.

So the only thing I have to work on is figuring out transportation. I’m still deciding on Tony Hinds and a one day car rental vs having a car the entire time vs Tony and an Uber to and from the legoland shuttle....

Consider what you would pay at rpr
per night ($24+ tax) for the rental car parking

Figure out if you would come out ahead by using car service from mco to hotel round trip plus Uber to legoland vs total car cost rental for the stay

I’ve done both but prefer car service

Hi enjoying reading your planning. The pics are great! We are about an hour and a half from Great Wolf Lodge but my teens are a little older and wasn't sure if it was suited for them. We found Kalahari in Poconos Pennsylvania. We just went over spring break and had a blast. It is such a nice treat from this long winter in the Northeast.

I understand about packing I take about a week to pack three of us. Then when DD's BF comes over the night before I have to check his suitcase to make sure he has everything. I keep a spare change of all clothes here for packing. He accompanies us on all our trips. It is nice that they are 16 and can head off themselves and we have some down time.

I am going to start my PTR soon as we are going the end of June.

Boy do I understand about the bathing suit. I put on weight myself and am trying to wait till the last minute to get a new suit.

Till your next report:thumbsup2

Following along.
You have a lovely family. Enjoy the crazy times while you can. They grow up so fast.
I am looking forward to your report especially about the hotel. I have a solo trip in October for one night at RPR club level, then off to WDW. .First time for club level and probable the last as I am doing club since there were no regular rooms.

Following along! Enjoyed your intro. I miss the days of having the little ones around. Mine are grown... but have been well seasoned in all things Universal and still try getting in on our trips. We don't mind and love having them along all grown up too! Have a great trip!!

Following along.
You have a lovely family. Enjoy the crazy times while you can. They grow up so fast.
I am looking forward to your report especially about the hotel. I have a solo trip in October for one night at RPR club level, then off to WDW. .First time for club level and probable the last as I am doing club since there were no regular rooms.

Same reason I booked club!

So its been a bit since I've posted an update. Not much to be done in the world of trip planning. My son keeps asking how many days till we leave, so today I figured it out and wrote how many days on his calendar so he can count backward on his own and keep his brother and sister updated on the successful passage of time.

We bought a pool and are patiently awaiting installation...couple more weeks.

I had booked my flights way back in November for our trip. It was a really good price but the arrival time and departure time weren't my favorite. A couple weeks ago I noticed prices for my preferred times had come down to an acceptable price so I switched our flights to an early arrival and a later departure. Love the free luggage and no change fees on Southwest.

Speaking of luggage, our suitcases are beyond worn out and we will be purchasing a new set for this trip. If you have a favorite brand or type of luggage, please share!

Also, I think we have figured out what to do as far as transportation once in Florida. We have hired my favorite car guy Tony Hinds for airport transportation. This is our 3rd trip to Universal and our third time using Tony. Thanks to macraven for the great tip on Tony, I would have never heard about him otherwise and he is a gem! We will rent a car at the hotel for one day for our trip to Legoland. Only thing left to decide is if we book ahead of time or wait until the day before we want to go. I'd like to get an idea of the weather before we commit to a Legoland day.

Other than that, life goes on. School is winding down for the kids. Emma and I are going to see Taylor Swift out of town in August. We booked a hotel and everything. She is so excited...she may be looking forward to that more than the trip. She says we need to practice having more girl time without brothers, so my husband took the boys fishing yesterday and we got out nails done...something I never do. If there are typos in this post that is probably why, as I'm not used to having nails. But they came out nice

34386009_1607136816065532_5305779070200446976_n.jpg 34268646_1607136839398863_7748126216074297344_n.jpg

Gotta work :( so that's it for today!

Nice nails......

And a countdown getting closer is fabulous!!

We’ve never used Tony as we always have a car, but we’d use him in a heartbeat as macraven speaks so highly of him, praise indeed!

And happy new pool when you get it.......:D

Your nails are perfect !

Jenrose, I always tell peeps Tony provides great service

He is a gem to everyone !

Love your nails!

Love Tony! We've used him a few times!

I'm interested in luggage suggestions, too. My Samsonite spinner bags don't seem to roll very easily. Others seem to speed along with theirs and I really have to keep guiding mine!

Love your nails!

Love Tony! We've used him a few times!

I'm interested in luggage suggestions, too. My Samsonite spinner bags don't seem to roll very easily. Others seem to speed along with theirs and I really have to keep guiding mine!

I found a website called away luggage. It was advertised on a podcast. Anyway I really liked those but my dh says they are too expensive. Of course my argument is that this is the 3rd set of luggage during our marriage so cheaper to buy quality this time.

I found a website called away luggage. It was advertised on a podcast. Anyway I really liked those but my dh says they are too expensive. Of course my argument is that this is the 3rd set of luggage during our marriage so cheaper to buy quality this time.

I agree about quality. I always hesitate to spend a lot on luggage as it gets thrown around so much! But my luggage has lasted a few years and it wasn't that expensive so I'm sure the expensive ones will hold up even better!

Just a quick update. We are less than a month away from our trip! :jumping1:

Kids are done with school and our pool is in. Life is good! I will share a pic of our pool once I have one saved to my computer.

We have purchased luggage...I lost and it's cheap, but it will do. Hope everyone is doing well.

It's July. I hope your family has a great trip!

And wahoo, for the home pool. So nice to take a dip at home, when the weather is like today, a toasty 99 degree high.

Trip is getting closer! We received our welcome to club level email :jumping1: So far I have spent the afternoon discussing what we can do to add a little something extra to DS’s Birthday. I think we will end up ordering a 6 inch cake and Balloons. I’m going to supplement that with some incognito purchases at the HP shops. I’m going to take advantage of ship to Resort while my kids ride the Hippogriff Coaster multiple times with DH. Such a simple coaster but one of their faves.

I’m also hoping to secure a poolside cabana for a lazy pool day on the weekend. We are visiting with local friends and think it will be a nice homebase

Trip is getting closer! We received our welcome to club level email :jumping1: So far I have spent the afternoon discussing what we can do to add a little something extra to DS’s Birthday. I think we will end up ordering a 6 inch cake and Balloons. I’m going to supplement that with some incognito purchases at the HP shops. I’m going to take advantage of ship to Resort while my kids ride the Hippogriff Coaster multiple times with DH. Such a simple coaster but one of their faves.

I’m also hoping to secure a poolside cabana for a lazy pool day on the weekend. We are visiting with local friends and think it will be a nice homebase

Sounds idyllic!!!

My husband ordered me the birthday package last year and the cake was the white vanilla one with purple icing.....and I have to say it was gorgeous!!! I’m sure you’ll be happy with it.......

And a cabana sounds like a perfect way to spend a day..........

So close now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!