Pulled the trigger for first Fort trip in October and MNSSHP

ChiefM

DIS Veteran
I found a full hook up site over a few days that will cover the time so we can take our son to do MNSSHP. I convinced the wife so I pulled the trigger this weekend and paid for everything. I have no idea how I convinced her to a third trip to Disney in 2 years but I did. But this will be our first trip to the Fort in our motorhome! Looking forward to some down time and a kickin it photo!!

I'm very excited about going. We have been out twice in our motorhome, once for a weekend outing at a local campground down the road from our house as a test run. Then a 6 hr drive to Panama City beach last year. I have watching all the post about the Fort and am glad I talked the wife into going. We bought a golf cart 2 months ago and look forward to bringing it with us to explore the campground. My son who is 3 , loves the videos at the campground with the all the blow up Halloween decorations.

We got my sons first haircut at the end of March at Disney World and this will be his first trick or treating.

Congrats on booking a site. Fall/Halloween is our favorite time to go.

I'd be willing to bet that after this trip, you won't have any trouble convincing your wife to go again. LOL :rolleyes:

I'm very excited about going. We have been out twice in our motorhome, once for a weekend outing at a local campground down the road from our house as a test run. Then a 6 hr drive to Panama City beach last year. I have watching all the post about the Fort and am glad I talked the wife into going. We bought a golf cart 2 months ago and look forward to bringing it with us to explore the campground. My son who is 3 , loves the videos at the campground with the all the blow up Halloween decorations.

We got my sons first haircut at the end of March at Disney World and this will be his first trick or treating.
Nice so you will get to do halloween at the fort! I will be there also with my 7yo. First time for us to the fort and her first time to disney. Definitly looking forward to it. Dont forget to do chip and dales show one night ,its free.

I'd be willing to bet that after this trip, you won't have any trouble convincing your wife to go again. LOL :rolleyes:
That was sort of the plan!
On our first trip in 2017 I over planned on dining and fast passes. We ran around the whole time and we were exhausted at the end. In March 2019 we were a lot more flexible and relaxed, no reserved dining and a few fast passes. I am hoping this is even more relaxed because I do want to visit other parks there in the future.
Sunday is check in, pool time and ride around in golf cart and see the decorations.
Monday is the party.
Tuesday is sleep in, and then Chip and Dales. that night
Wednesday depart.

Last edited:
That was sort of the plan!
On our first trip in 2017 I over planned on dining and fast passes. We ran around the whole time and we were exhausted at the end. In March 2019 we were a lot more flexible and relaxed, no reserved dining and a few fast passes. I am hoping this is even more relaxed because I do want to visit other parks there in the future.
Sunday is check in, pool time and ride around in golf cart and see the decorations.
Monday is the party.
Tuesday is sleep in, and then Chip and Dales. that night
Wednesday depart.

Sounds like a good plan, we are planning on next year, Oct 2020, and plan on doing the party then. Unfortunately, since we are 1500 miles one way from Disney, our trips are a little exhausting, but not so much that we will not enjoy it. July 2018 with the DS and family, we didn't get to Slinky dog, (they did, DW and I decided to sleep in that morning) and we didn't do FOP, so hopefully this trip we can catch both of them and maybe a little star wars stuff. We do very little sit down dining and we don't stress if we miss something like FOP, figure we will do it the next trip down. Have Fun!! Oh, and :welcome:to the Fort crowd!!

I have not been able to do FOP either of our last 2 trips. The March trip I would have had to let the FP for Navi go and wife was not having any part of that. We didn't go to HS on the March trip. I am hoping to talk the wife into it this trip.

Talked my wife into a day at Hollywood studios!! I already ordered the tickets! I showed her the Droid Factory on Youtube from Galaxies Edge in California and she my son and I should do that.
Washing the motorhome!! It really needed it bad. Doing routine maintenance and checks. We have not taken it out this year so want to make sure all systems are working correctly.

You're a wise man for a Fort first timer, ChiefM.

It sounds like you have a good trip planned.

Bama Ed

I have been lurking on here for a while soaking in the knowledge of Fort veterans but with no plans I never posted!
Did a little adjustments to the timeline.
Saturday drive down to either the Florida GA line or to Kissimmee. I hope to score an extra day at the Fort then I will drive straight thru.
Sunday is set up day, Chip and Dale and cruise around and look at the decorations.
Monday, a kickin it photo, some pool time and then MNSSHP
Tuesday is HS
Wednesday -depart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter