Pulse shooter's original target may have been Disney Springs

How did you arrive at this estimation?

Average number of guests at PI, visibly looking, asking ppl doing who let guests into the clubs about number of people in the club currently. That gave me a general number of guests x ticket entrance fees to get into clubs. Minus number of emplyees x estimated wages which are fairly easy to get info on. Interns were 6.67hr which was minimum starting wage at Disney at that time.managers were about 30k a year. 5 yr mark for employees was about 8.50. Simple math income-wages. Estimate number of drinks ordered (again asking bar backs for the info). So my numbers might not be perfect but can I was close enough that the new VP of DTD didn't dispute them when I had a meeting with him on the future of DTD.

Of course there's more than we can see. I assume there's a LOT that we don't see. I also assume there's a lot we don't see at the parks. But I'd also like to see more layers of security similar to what they have done at DLR. After all, DS was actually a target at one point. I'd like to see them addressing it at all levels.

A lot of damage can happen in 30 seconds.

I agree a lot can happen in the parks. Point remain Disney will never be 100% safe from these situations regardless of the level of security they have. Anyone with a teaspoon of some certain liquid/powder substances during a show can cause way more harm than someone with a gun and with that small of an amount and the masses of people that Disney has I think there current security is acceptable. I think the only to even come close to securing Disney World is to treat it like a military base. Close off all entrances and makes searches mandatory for anyone coming onto property. If security at the gates is where the emphasis is placed they've already lost the ability to prevent something from happening.

I agree a lot can happen in the parks. Point remain Disney will never be 100% safe from these situations regardless of the level of security they have. Anyone with a teaspoon of some certain liquid/powder substances during a show can cause way more harm than someone with a gun and with that small of an amount and the masses of people that Disney has I think there current security is acceptable. I think the only to even come close to securing Disney World is to treat it like a military base. Close off all entrances and makes searches mandatory for anyone coming onto property. If security at the gates is where the emphasis is placed they've already lost the ability to prevent something from happening.
But putting security at the gates does not have to mean they are diminishing what they do elsewhere.

If security at the gates is the wrong way to go, then they're doing it wrong at DLR and at the WDW parks.

But putting security at the gates does not have to mean they are diminishing what they do elsewhere.

If security at the gates is the wrong way to go, then they're doing it wrong at DLR and at the WDW parks.

These measures are meant to make people feel safe versus actually making people feel good. It's all a matter of perspective. Regardless of more security being visible or not isn't going to make me personally feel safer.

It's actually just going to annoy me knowing that all it does is cause another line and anyone serious about harming people will find a way. It's the same reason why I disagree with the concept of more police=safer streets or more laws=more safety. It usually only affects the honest people while those who want to do harm will find a way.

Let's face it the internet is a wonderfully dangerous thing.

So I’m reading through this, hearing about the knife incident and remembering the bomb threat that happened the one Christmas, and with this being known knowledge about the original plan, all I can think to myself is: it’s kind of odd that none of that has severely impacted security.

I hope to God saying that out loud didn’t jinx it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter