Purchased 50 pts BW .. can I switch??

I didn’t ask, he offered that info. And I definitely called at 3:50 hoping for a Hail Mary at poly, I am one of the people that had a resale in process when the announcement came through and bought the amount of points I needed to match with a 25 point add on after months of research. I closed a week before the deadline and never had a chance.

I'm actually not sure they can change the rules on a contract after 2/25 without there being legal issues if it became public knowledge. You can create "classes of buyer," you can create people with and without "club membership" and such, but the rules for it have to be well defined. If it becomes completely based on discretion, that is possibly not allowed under Florida timeshare law, and it leaves them open to claims of discrimination.

Unless you only want a standard view viila, you are not going to have trouble booking a 2 bedroom villa as long as you book when the 11 month window opens. Many times of the year, 2 bedroom pool/garden view villas are still available when the 7 month window opens.
I agree pool/Garden view shouldn’t be hard to book at 11 months. Boardwalk and standard view can be but not poolview.

I'm actually not sure they can change the rules on a contract after 2/25 without there being legal issues if it became public knowledge. You can create "classes of buyer," you can create people with and without "club membership" and such, but the rules for it have to be well defined. If it becomes completely based on discretion, that is possibly not allowed under Florida timeshare law, and it leaves them open to claims of discrimination.
I also was wondering if legally they can. The only way I could see them doing it would be if they somehow said the contract was incorrectly written and the person was supposed to be purchasing BCV not BWV. That may allow them to date the contract for Saturday when the deposit was made. However I don’t see Disney bothering with that and I don’t really think the likelihood of the points being there today when they weren’t Saturday is very good. I can’t see Disney rewriting the contract weeks after the original “purchase” to change the home resort in such a small contract when points do become available. Especially when Disney didn’t actually make a mistake-the OP changed their mind. Best of luck OP. We love BWV but we also get 1 standard studio for our family and it is such a deal. BCV look great and I admit I am envious of the pool but you will probably find a much better deal on BWV than BCV resale.

I also was wondering if legally they can. The only way I could see them doing it would be if they somehow said the contract was incorrectly written and the person was supposed to be purchasing BCV not BWV.

Yes, a mistake in contract could be a reason, but that's not something that's a grey area. Literally, if the contract had been supposed to be for BCV and the documentation prior had all been BCV, such a switch would be entirely defensible to pretty much any reasonable person or statute.

I agree with the majority of those on this forum... rescind and buy what you want, where you want. It seems as if this was in "impulse" buy to guarantee you getting perks. It doesn't matter if someone on the waitlist didn't get them, that's not an issue at all. It sounds like you have too few points to do anything with... and even if you did.. it's at a home resort that doesn't meet your needs. Rescind.. rebuy.. regroup :)

Yes, I am "changing my vote".
I agree with thelionqueen above. Too few points at a resort that doesn't work for your needs anyway.
Rescind...regroup...research more...buy your resale, use your resale so you understand the product better, then buy your direct to match the use year of your resale.
Let us know what you wind up doing. We will try to help no matter what you decide.

Yes, I am "changing my vote".
I agree with thelionqueen above. Too few points at a resort that doesn't work for your needs anyway.
Rescind...regroup...research more...buy your resale, use your resale so you understand the product better, then buy your direct to match the use year of your resale.
Let us know what you wind up doing. We will try to help no matter what you decide.
sorry! I never saw these replies! It was a whirlwind! We ended up keeping the BW 50 points figuring we could bank and borrow at the VERY least every 3 years there for a 3 night stay. Since then, added on a BC resale (in ROFR now). Actually considering adding on a small BW (if I can find one!) to add to it. Thanks for all your help. Now to wait on ROFR!

3:50 huh... ? Hmmm, weird... after I said I took them at 3:45 earlier to your response. I was also told no bc points on Saturday and I had been on a waitlist....and come to find out someone got 50 points without ever being on a waitlist. I wouldn’t say we are dealing with the most honest people. Dis boards and fb groups are full of people talking about getting lied to and shifty practices,etc. I’m just trying to do the BEST I can for my family while trying to navigate that. Who knows what they REALLY can and can’t do. The boards are full of contradictions. I’ll never be sorry for asking

from what I can tell -- there is no official waitlist for any of the resorts. I think each CM might keep their own waitlist -- but when points become available, any CM can grab them...so if your CM isn't aggressively searching, your "waitlist" isn't going to ever fill.

When I was looking for direct BCV points 2 years ago -- I got on the "waitlist" and kept seeing people mention they randomly called up and got some points with same UY I was looking for. At that moment, I made a point to call my guide multiple times a week to inquire about the points. Within 2 weeks, the points were there. That was after waiting at least a month before. Squeaky wheel gets the grease when it comes to waitlists.

sorry! I never saw these replies! It was a whirlwind! We ended up keeping the BW 50 points figuring we could bank and borrow at the VERY least every 3 years there for a 3 night stay. Since then, added on a BC resale (in ROFR now). Actually considering adding on a small BW (if I can find one!) to add to it. Thanks for all your help. Now to wait on ROFR!

What you could do is use BWV for an adults only F&W trip every year. 50 points gets you 5 nights in a standard view. At a minimum, you could always transfer those points out and make a pretty hefty sum with very little work. Or book 5 nights and then rent those out as a confirmed rental and charge $17+ a point. Won't have any issues getting that price during F&W for a confirmed rental.

What you could do is use BWV for an adults only F&W trip every year. 50 points gets you 5 nights in a standard view. At a minimum, you could always transfer those points out and make a pretty hefty sum with very little work. Or book 5 nights and then rent those out as a confirmed rental and charge $17+ a point. Won't have any issues getting that price during F&W for a confirmed rental.
Are confirmed rentals better than just renting out points? Better renting out confirmed studio or the 2 bed lockoff?

Are confirmed rentals better than just renting out points? Better renting out confirmed studio or the 2 bed lockoff?

A confirmed rental for a sold out resort during F&W would give you a big advantage. It's sold out -- people will pay a premium for it. Think about it -- they have no other choice.

S-Th are only 10 points a night -- even at $17 a point -- that is $170 per night total cost. You can't beat that anywhere in all of Disney for F&W...let alone on Crescent lake. I'd be willing to bet you could rent that out for $200 a night fairly easily.

Securing a standard view studio during F&W can be a challenge though. September may not be too bad but in Oct/Nov they usually disappear within seconds of 8am

A confirmed rental for a sold out resort during F&W would give you a big advantage. It's sold out -- people will pay a premium for it. Think about it -- they have no other choice.

S-Th are only 10 points a night -- even at $17 a point -- that is $170 per night total cost. You can't beat that anywhere in all of Disney for F&W...let alone on Crescent lake. I'd be willing to bet you could rent that out for $200 a night fairly easily.
You won't be able to rent a confirmed reservation here on the DIS until 30 days prior to arrival unless you have been registered at least 6 months & purchase the $199.95 Premium Rental Plan. So be prepared to pay for a plan or to find another place to rent reservations made on spec.

You won't be able to rent a confirmed reservation here on the DIS until 30 days prior to arrival unless you have been registered at least 6 months & purchase the $199.95 Premium Rental Plan. So be prepared to pay for a plan or to find another place to rent reservations made on spec.
Ok! Good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!