Purchased Riviera

If they hadn't made it so you cant use resale points at the Riviera I would probably buy 75-100 direct with Riviera and then look for resale. Alas, this is exactly why they did that I presume. My big issue is if buying all Riviera and I do have to or decide to sell, then the further use restrictions may scare other buyers (that is unless Riviera is the "place to be"). Not that I plan on selling but who knows. Man, wish I had bought before that last change on using points at the Riviera. The booking advantage may turn out to be a good thing though.

My thought is that there will be a significant enough contingent out there that will want to stay at Riviera and will only want the tower studios and standard views. If you want those -- you'll need to OWN at Riviera. And since those rooms don't cost a lot of points, I could see people buying small contracts via resale in order to be able to book those rooms at 11 months.

I don't necessarily see these small contracts useful for a new purchaser -- but they would be very good for the people that prescribe to the theory of buy where you want to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter