Purchasing DVC with cash

Yes, it is fairly New. I am not sure when it went in effect, but it’s up on website now so it’s official!
Not to be annoying but do you mind sending me a link? :) I would like to share it with some dvc friends

Not to be annoying but do you mind sending me a link? :) I would like to share it with some dvc friends

This is a link for BLT - there are similar links for other DVC resorts:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...e-tower-at-contemporary/amenities-recreation/
Scroll down to Housekeeping and Laundry Services. Under that, you will see this:

Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:

• Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry

I wonder if they see a corresponding drop in pool towel usage for each fresh towel housekeeping delivers.

Tha
This is a link for BLT - there are similar links for other DVC resorts:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...e-tower-at-contemporary/amenities-recreation/
Scroll down to Housekeeping and Laundry Services. Under that, you will see this:

Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:

• Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry

Thank you very much! This is awesome!!

Was this hard to get? Or was it a fairly easy request for them to give to you?
I was able to just request it when I purchased direct and there was no problem in doing so. I was told 90 days is the most they can do, however.

Which resort are you thinking of buying? If you have the cash you might be better getting a resale contract then adding on direct 25 or 50 points at a time.

Which resort are you thinking of buying? If you have the cash you might be better getting a resale contract then adding on direct 25 or 50 points at a time.

Oh I have a 150 point BWV contract (sold my 2 smaller contracts back in April) just doing some math on Riviera in comparison to my BWV and adding on (resale, direct, or both).

Right now for 300 points the price ends up $155. I could buy it, use my current BWV for my March trip and then sell off my BWV contract.

We put all of our contracts on our Disney Visa Card - or use whatever card gives you the best rewards.

Deposit - on cc - as soon as it posted on my account a few days later - made payment (with funds from my account) and had DVC put balance on cc again. We paid in full as soon as posted.

The add-ons were just a one time charge - not as many points as the original contract - no need to split the charge/payment.

We apply our Disney Reward dollars towards our DVC dues every January - put the balance of the bill on cc again and start to accumulate rewards all year. There are definitely better cards out there - you need to see which one works best for you.

Good luck.

Oh I have a 150 point BWV contract (sold my 2 smaller contracts back in April) just doing some math on Riviera in comparison to my BWV and adding on (resale, direct, or both).

Right now for 300 points the price ends up $155. I could buy it, use my current BWV for my March trip and then sell off my BWV contract.

It is a great way to enhance a membership and give you a lot more years from now at a pretty good cost!

I did the same with my RIV purchase but only spread it over a 30 day span so I’d have my money from the sale of BWV...but would have done 90 had I known!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter