Purchasing for AKV Concierge?

I booked a 1BR club level for Christmas break using SSR points by stalking. I had planned to buy the extra fast passes and stuff my face with "free" food, but it sounds like none of these things will even be possible.

I booked a 1BR club level for Christmas break using SSR points by stalking. I had planned to buy the extra fast passes and stuff my face with "free" food, but it sounds like none of these things will even be possible.
A lot can happen between now and December.
But I do wonder how DVC will handle those booked club level for the coming months.

They can move them to Kidani if they can establish a club level area.

Or they can downgrade you to savanna view and refund the extra points used. However that will make a lot of owners mad.

Had I booked club level I’d expect that DVC to fulfill their part or with my accept move me somewhere else. If they can’t provide accommodation to my satisfaction I’ll take whatever they provide at the resort I booked and expect to stay point free as I now have extra expenses towards food and drinking.

This is sort of off topic, but do you know when booking a 2 BR at AKV whether you will get a lock off or an actual 2 BR?

Jambo 2BRs are all lock-offs. Kidani has both lock-off and dedicated In the online reservation system, you book a "two-bedroom" to guarantee getting a dedicated and a "two-bedroom lock-off" to guarantee the other.

Last edited:

Just hold out, you never know.

I know this talk has come up a lot so I did a small test and from May - mid October I have sort of tested how easy or difficult it would be to get a studio value or a club level studio at the 11month window.

Ive tried to book each room 2-3 times per month.

Every time I tried for a club level I got it.

For the value rooms I got them every time May - mid September. From mid September to mid October I only had luck 1/3.

I know I could have been lucky, that’s why I tried all those times and some may have been pure luck but I don’t accept that for all the times. May - mid September is just easier maybe because less people want to go during those times.

Value rooms in September-January are very cheap point wise so I guess owners wishing to stretch their points - I know I would.

Club level rooms are much more points maybe that’s why fewer owners compared to value rooms want to stay there.

Just wanted to do a follow up on this one.

I've tried to book club level 3 times for september 2021 and every time I was successful. For October 2021 I didn't have the same "luck" as I did with September. I tried to get my foot in side the door since the last day of September and every day until 3rd of October. But all the days was book even before the booking window opened, so I couldn't even try. I assume that the lack of availability is due to the 50th anniversary?

Today I searched again and the availability was there for Oct 7th going forward.

I tried to book and was successful.

I know I could have more luck than others, but if you don't own AKV you don't even get a chance to try.

Have others beside me had the same luck with club levels or values?

regards.

Just wanted to do a follow up on this one.

I've tried to book club level 3 times for september 2021 and every time I was successful. For October 2021 I didn't have the same "luck" as I did with September. I tried to get my foot in side the door since the last day of September and every day until 3rd of October. But all the days was book even before the booking window opened, so I couldn't even try. I assume that the lack of availability is due to the 50th anniversary?

Today I searched again and the availability was there for Oct 7th going forward.

I tried to book and was successful.

I know I could have more luck than others, but if you don't own AKV you don't even get a chance to try.

Have others beside me had the same luck with club levels or values?

regards.
People usually walk these reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter