Purchasing in person or via phone?

DISguyDennis

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I've been doing lots of research and will be making my first DVC purchase soon! But I wanted to see if there's a difference between purchasing over the phone or in person (if I get points sooner one way or the other, if getting through the paperwork easier, etc.). I'm in California and only 20 minutes away from Disneyland so driving there and doing the tour and purchasing there is a possibility but if it's all the same then I might just do it over the phone. I appreciate any input!

Thanks in advance :-)

Points will be loaded just as quick. You get them pretty much the same day.

I just did RIV over the phone and it was easy, Sent me papers a few weeks later and I sent them back. Once I had access to the points, I didn’t care how long the rest of it took! 😂😂😂😂

Good to know, thank you!!

That's a really good point! I'm planning to purchase RIV too and can't wait 😍

We live in South OC and called to buy points. I offered to drive down to sign but it wasn’t necessary. The guide said if I call right before our trip he will load the extra Fastpasses for wdw they offer.

They sent papers, we signed and shipped back and points were there right away.

We live in South OC and called to buy points. I offered to drive down to sign but it wasn’t necessary. The guide said if I call right before our trip he will load the extra Fastpasses for wdw they offer.

They sent papers, we signed and shipped back and points were there right away.
That's so awesome the guide did that for you! Hopefully my guide will be as cool haha

In California you can definitely do it by phone.

Can't do that in every state/province, or sometimes internationally. Has to do with licensing. But in California they maintain all sales licenses across all resorts.

If you haven't done the tour before you could get gift cards possibly? Also being there in person means maybe a better chance at some sweet sweet merch.

I hope you are planning on using those RIV points at RIV and not at DLR. It's very hard to book GCV at seven months out. Not totally impossible, but difficult.

If you haven't done the tour before you could get gift cards possibly? Also being there in person means maybe a better chance at some sweet sweet merch.
I haven't done the tour before, so thanks for the tip! Not gonna lie, gift cards could get me to go :teeth:

I hope you are planning on using those RIV points at RIV and not at DLR. It's very hard to book GCV at seven months out. Not totally impossible, but difficult.
I don't plan to book at GCV, this purchase is mainly for use at RIV and the other Orlando resorts and an occasional trip to AUL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!