Purchasing points to complete a reservation

ScottishMickeyFan

Mouseketeer
Good Morning

I am needing extra points to complete a reservation, I read I can purchase extra points direct from Disney as a one time thing,

Does anyone know how much $ & how many can be bought.

Thanks

And you can buy them only on the phone, not online. So if you're booking at 7 months, better to book whatever you can with the points you have and then call to add one last night(s) requiring the OTU points. You're not guaranteed the night will still be there, but you'd have a greater chance than waiting to book all nights when MS open.

Thanks
I am browsing 7 month availability and at the moment , there’s just no studios anywhere

Don’t know if Star Wars land has something to do with it

May have to rent points from someone’s home resort
7 months from now is December 15-22...which happens to coincide with a VERY busy period regardless of SW:GE. I own at VGF and the studios were all gone more or less right at the 11 month mark both for 2019 and 2018.

When I say 7 month point, I mean from now until 7 months away,, everything is gone studio wise,,
but my stay is next april,, cant wait till late in the year to find out nothings left as I need 8 combined days,,

When I say 7 month point, I mean from now until 7 months away,, everything is gone studio wise,,
but my stay is next april,, cant wait till late in the year to find out nothings left as I need 8 combined days,,

All the studios are gone for next April? That does't sound right - I just looked and just about every type of studio is still available for an April 2020 stay. There will be studios available for an April stay when the 7 month window opens. April is nothing like October - December as far as booking speed goes. Of course, the "usual suspects" (concierge, value, some standard, etc.) may be gone, but I would expect you to have a choice of several resorts.

All the studios are gone for next April? That does't sound right - I just looked and just about every type of studio is still available for an April 2020 stay. There will be studios available for an April stay when the 7 month window opens. April is nothing like October - December as far as booking speed goes. Of course, the "usual suspects" (concierge, value, some standard, etc.) may be gone, but I would expect you to have a choice of several resorts.
ok, let me clear up what I'm trying to say,, I thought the 7 month window may have clicked,,
My home resort is AKL,, I don't want to book AKL this trip so I'm looking elsewhere , which obviously means 7 month booking window,,
but as I look at all studios now for the next 7 months they are all booked out,, so what I'm saying is I don't want to wait till September to find out there's no 8 days available for my specific dates at any resort & I am up the creek,,
I cant change my dates, already have my 1st 6 nights booked so its the following 8 I need to rent point for as not enough left to borrow..

ok, let me clear up what I'm trying to say,, I thought the 7 month window may have clicked,,
My home resort is AKL,, I don't want to book AKL this trip so I'm looking elsewhere , which obviously means 7 month booking window,,
but as I look at all studios now for the next 7 months they are all booked out,, so what I'm saying is I don't want to wait till September to find out there's no 8 days available for my specific dates at any resort & I am up the creek,,
I cant change my dates, already have my 1st 6 nights booked so its the following 8 I need to rent point for as not enough left to borrow..

OK, but looking at the next 7 months to see how it's going is not a good predictor of what will be available next April. Fall (mid September - Marathon weekend) is the most difficult time of the year to get a reservation at 7 months (some villas disappear at 11 months) and everything is almost always gone when we're only 2-3 months out. Again, Fall availability is NOT a good predictor of April availability. IMO, there will be studios available (at more than one resort) for an April stay when the 7 month window opens.

Now that said, if it's going to stress you out waiting, then sure, the safest thing to do is rent the stay from someone else right now. However, that's going to cost you. Only you know if eliminating the worry is worth the extra cost. Good luck!

OK, but looking at the next 7 months to see how it's going is not a good predictor of what will be available next April. Fall (mid September - Marathon weekend) is the most difficult time of the year to get a reservation at 7 months (some villas disappear at 11 months) and everything is almost always gone when we're only 2-3 months out. Again, Fall availability is NOT a good predictor of April availability. IMO, there will be studios available (at more than one resort) for an April stay when the 7 month window opens.

Now that said, if it's going to stress you out waiting, then sure, the safest thing to do is rent the stay from someone else right now. However, that's going to cost you. Only you know if eliminating the worry is worth the extra cost. Good luck!
I would rather get it booked, confirmed & no need to think about it again,

& when you said,, its going to cost me? Wouldn't it cost me anyway when I get closer unless your talking about the difference of using your owns points at 7 months compared to someone else's at 11 months,,

Cheers

I would rather get it booked, confirmed & no need to think about it again,

& when you said,, its going to cost me? Wouldn't it cost me anyway when I get closer unless your talking about the difference of using your owns points at 7 months compared to someone else's at 11 months,,

Cheers
If you rent, cost depends on the resort you choose to rent & how far in advance you make the arrangements. Most brokers and owners charge a premium for the near-park resorts if you want a reservation made before the 7 month window opens. You pay less if you can book 7 months or less since any owner cn reserve anywhere at 7 months (subject to availability).

Seems like you're over complicating things. If you already own points at AKL, then you should book a room at 11 months using your home resort advantage. When it comes to 7 months, you can modify your resort reservation based on availability at the time. If nothing is available, then you can use your AKL room. Why bother paying to rent points when you already own your own points simply to get home resort advantage somewhere else?

Seems like you're over complicating things. If you already own points at AKL, then you should book a room at 11 months using your home resort advantage. When it comes to 7 months, you can modify your resort reservation based on availability at the time. If nothing is available, then you can use your AKL room. Why bother paying to rent points when you already own your own points simply to get home resort advantage somewhere else?
Because she doesn't have enough points left to borrow to make the reservation she wants. See post #8.

She either has to rent, pay cash, get a point transfer or wait until 7 months and purchase OTU points to get what she wants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!