Purchasing Soon - Beyond Excited!

Thegoatfeeder

Main thing WDW Needs? More Muppets!
Did a lot of maths, number crunching and spreadsheet making over the holidays (and preceding months) and we’ve decided to buy into DVC at the Riviera.

I can’t begin to describe the excitement! We are just awaiting a call from our DVC advisor which I’m hoping will be by the end of the week and then the process of payment begins I suppose.

How do the next stages actually work? We just want to get everything finalised, although unfortunately we may not be able to travel right away!

Congratulations and Welcome Home. They will send you a package that will contain all the documents you need to sign. There are a lot, not as much as a mortgage, but still a lot. After signing send it back in the pre paid Fed Ex envelope. Then the excitement begins of planning your first DVC stay. Since this is your first, you have an option of a Welcome Home booking. DVC will book you a stay, but you cannot make your own reservation or waitlist first. They have the ability to pull a room from the cash side to get you in a resort that is all booked. Congratulations again, Riviera is beautiful.

DVC will make an account for you. Since this your first contract I’m not sure how long it takes. I’m sure it will be fast though. We bought resale then called and added on direct. Points were in our account later that day or the next. The paperwork arrived the next week. Once you account is set up you can make reservations, don’t forget about the Welcome Home reservation booking if you want to use it

Watch out for Add-on-itis. It is real and effects many members.

Last edited:
Congratulations! They will take your deposit and then get you set up with the points. usually within the day!

The nice thing is you don’t have to wait until you finish all the documents to begin booking your next trip.

For payment, they give you 30 days to get it all paid. I used my Disney Visa to get 6 months with 0% and earn the rewards, They were great in even spacing those out to work around my billing date. I plan on paying off next month or two, but it allowed me time to get the proceeds from my BWV sale, If you are financing with them, I have heard that is quite easy too!,,

Welcome Home fellow RIV owner!

Congratulations!! Don't ! I repeat DON'T book your first trip yourself. If there is a hard to get reservation then member services can assistin getting a reservation for you as a "welcome home" perk.

When we bought in May 2019, we wanted to use the 2018 points they included in our purchase for 2 studios at BCV for the Food & Wine Festival. I could see on the member site that they were sold out, but they found me 2 studios for the end of SEptember. It was great walking from our room to EPCOT. btw we bought AKV 100 pts. and added on 25 more (direct also) a few months later. We LOVE AKV Jambo House, but are now in love with BCV. I hope to get 150 resale BCV points within a couple of years.

Welcome Home :) edit to add that we got the small drawstring back pack when we did our tour and we got the larger backpack with BOTH of our Fedexed documents. So, we now have TWO DVC backpacks and one drawstring pack.

It's the most expensive backpack you will ever buy- Welcome Home
It’s worth it, I have 2 backpacks and one tote. Not saying that there resale isn’t a better deal. It’s nice to make a call and points are in your account the same day. Had some Addonitis, went from 175 points to 350 points.

Congratulations!! Don't ! I repeat DON'T book your first trip yourself. If there is a hard to get reservation then member services can assistin getting a reservation for you as a "welcome home" perk.

When we bought in May 2019, we wanted to use the 2018 points they included in our purchase for 2 studios at BCV for the Food & Wine Festival. I could see on the member site that they were sold out, but they found me 2 studios for the end of SEptember. It was great walking from our room to EPCOT. btw we bought AKV 100 pts. and added on 25 more (direct also) a few months later. We LOVE AKV Jambo House, but are now in love with BCV. I hope to get 150 resale BCV points within a couple of years.

Welcome Home :) edit to add that we got the small drawstring back pack when we did our tour and we got the larger backpack with BOTH of our Fedexed documents. So, we now have TWO DVC backpacks and one drawstring pack.

Yeah, we actually started this process today and its a good job, we really really wanted to go the first 2 weeks of December, because Christmas is pretty much the only time we've not been. Managed to get the weeks we wanted even though through the website there were nights unavailable, so it's been great doing the first trip on the phone!

We also want to do a split stay ideally which I guess would usually be tough the first 2 weeks of December, but again as part of the Welcome Home perk they've said if we ring back on the day the 7 month window opens they should be able to make it happen for us, it was a great experience.

Sent off all the paperwork over the weekend and finances are in place now as well, so we're well on track!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter