Purple MagicBand Light for DVC Associates?

Roxas_XIII

White Card Pleb
Aspiring DVC member here - thinking seriously about springing for a contract in the near future! ✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

If/when I join, I'd like to add my best friend as an Associate, so that she also has booking/browsing rights. (I'd be getting a membership mostly for the two of us to take annual/bi-annual trips.)

I know a few questions have already been posted about the purple light at the gate. I know it's been reported as being inconsistent... But does anyone know if Associates get the purple light, too?

It would be really cool if that was the case! (I probably think this purple light thing is way cooler than I should. Hahaha.)

To be honest, it is hit or miss with the purple showing it. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t. It will work one day at Epcot and not the next.

Interesting. I wonder why that is. Previous posts made me aware of the inconsistency (although a part of me was hoping that maybe over time it's gotten better.)

I was more or less curious about whether anyone knew if there was an overarching rule/observation about Associates never having purple because they're not "owners." But it sounds like Associates and/or other family members have been reported as getting purple in the past, just not consistently?

Obviously not a decision factor in purchasing. Just a little detail I'm having fun getting excited about. (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Only mine shows purple but DW doesn’t have an MDE account. We are all on one. But her MB does trigger sound effects which are cool

AK seems to be the most consistent for me to get purple, EPCOT is next, Studios and MK are very iffy.

Have you linked your DVC account to your MDE? Otherwise yes, it is still random though we do tend to get purple more often than not.
I tried, it won't accept me. I think in my excitement at becoming a DVC member many years ago, I may have opened another account, instead of updating my account. I can't really be sure though. I remember having a problem with it right at the start. I can't even purchase gold magic band on line. Have to call MS.

Maybe member services can help you with the linking. They, or IT support, can likely find your old account by seeing whuch account your membership is linked into, delete it and add ithe link to your currect account.

From anything I've read associates wouldn't have it turn purple. It's supposed to be owners who have their own DVC & MDE accounts and having them linked. A lot of the times only one of the owners has activated their DVC account/login so only they would get it.
I'm an associate member with my own MDE account which is linked to my DVC account and I do get the special Purple to Green colors on park entry.

I am the primary name on contract. I have gotten the purple light 1 time. My DW gets it almost every time. My DD sometimes gets it too.

I think DHS broke mine last summer. I got a purple fingerprint but green Mickey.

In January, that’s what I got at all parks (mixed color). Unfortunately that means no CM ever saw my purple finger to say “Welcome Home”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter