Purple MagicBand Light for DVC Associates?

Apologies for opening a mega old thread, but I just wanted to report my first experience as a new DVC resale member (well, not really new... I think everything went final in January, but this is my first trip to WDW since). I linked my DVC membership to my MDE profile and have been getting the purple ring every single time. I know it's such a little thing, but it makes me so happy. :) I've gone to parks six days in a row on a cash stay, and have hit every park at least once. Purple every time.

I haven't surprised my pal with associate membership status yet (she doesn't even know I bit the DVC bullet yet), but I will report back once we link her account and take our first trip.

My husband and I each have our contracts and only my band lights up purple.

does your husband have an online DVC account? i have an account and so does my husband and daughter. We all light up. Btw, my husband and daughter don’t use their accounts, but it’s nice having a back up.

ooops, didn’t know this was an old post.

Took my first trip as a new member in July. Was totally unaware of the purple light for members and had not idea of what was going on when i scanned in to the park. It worked every tine for me at every park. I think it was EPCOT that instead of the normal sound I got welcome home from the speaker in the scan point.

I'm an owner (not associate), but not the primary. That said, my account is linked and I book all our trips, visit the most (not that that means anything), and get the purple pretty consistently. A nice little treat.

I get Purple at every park all the time.... some of the tap things even say welcome home in a computerized voice. I am pretty sure it has to so with who the head person combined with your name on the contract as my wife never gets the welcome home. could also be another perk only for those who bought direct :rotfl2:

I get Purple at every park all the time.... some of the tap things even say welcome home in a computerized voice. I am pretty sure it has to so with who the head person combined with your name on the contract as my wife never gets the welcome home. could also be another perk only for those who bought direct :rotfl2:
Your wife would need to have her own DVC login and MDE and have them linked. My wife and I both get it (working at every park so far this trip).

For the past couple of years, mine starts purple then ends green. I remember it was at DHS the 1st time it happened, then eventually became that way at all the parks.

Just another update on this - I'm now taking my first trip with my pal (who I added as an associate). Her band makes the purple light on entry! We linked the membership to her MDE account about a week in advance of our trip. Seems to work fine. 🥳

AFAIK, the purple light is triggered by an MDE account that is linked to an active DVC account. I do not THINK the system distinguished between owners and associates - just whether it's an actively linked account. DW for example will only log into MDE, so doesn't get purple. But she is an associate, and I think if she registered her account in DVC it might work? But I am guessing here.

I will say in my last few visits since the pandemic I have gotten the purple light more consistently.

AFAIK, the purple light is triggered by an MDE account that is linked to an active DVC account. I do not THINK the system distinguished between owners and associates - just whether it's an actively linked account. DW for example will only log into MDE, so doesn't get purple. But she is an associate, and I think if she registered her account in DVC it might work? But I am guessing here.

I will say in my last few visits since the pandemic I have gotten the purple light more consistently.
I am an associate member and my MDE & DVC accounts are linked and I DO get the special DVC color scheme at the entrance touch points.

I am an associate member and my MDE & DVC accounts are linked and I DO get the special DVC color scheme at the entrance touch points.
Been trying to get my son's MDE account linked to my DVC (he's an associate), but when I try to enter the DVC account info into his MDE profile, it says it's an invalid sign in. How did you link MDE and DVC as an associate member?

Been trying to get my son's MDE account linked to my DVC (he's an associate), but when I try to enter the DVC account info into his MDE profile, it says it's an invalid sign in. How did you link MDE and DVC as an associate member?

The same thing happened to my pal, who's an associate on my membership. She had to call member services to get it straightened out.

Note that I tried to call member services to get it straightened out, but they needed to talk to my friend, not me, since it was dealing with her specific account.

They were able to fix it no problem! She got consistent purple every time after that.

The same thing happened to my pal, who's an associate on my membership. She had to call member services to get it straightened out.

Note that I tried to call member services to get it straightened out, but they needed to talk to my friend, not me, since it was dealing with her specific account.

They were able to fix it no problem! She got consistent purple every time after that.

Thanks! It really makes no sense to me that associates can be added to MDE, as they're not entitled to any discounts, etc. that would affect MDE in any way, but if we can get that sweet sweet purple light...

One time when we went back through the turnstile (after dinner, later in the evening), I got the purple light, a "Welcome Home", and right afterwards they even shot fireworks off over the castle. A lot of fireworks, with music and everything. That was really cool. It only happened for me that one time though. :confused3

Thanks! It really makes no sense to me that associates can be added to MDE, as they're not entitled to any discounts, etc. that would affect MDE in any way, but if we can get that sweet sweet purple light...
By the way, I got everything worked out. Was able to get both associates' member numbers and activation codes via chat in about 5 minutes. Everyone is set up with their own logins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter