Putting images on tote bags?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
I am wanting to take one of Julia&Nick's Mom's designs (the "Watch Out Disney World, Here We Come" design with Mickey and Minnie in the plane) and put it on tote bags to hand out to everyone in our group on the morning we leave for our trip. The tote bags will have some snacks, park maps, name tags, and other little treats.

Has anybody done tote bags before? Does it work ok? Any special tips?

GEM said:
I am wanting to take one of Julia&Nick's Mom's designs (the "Watch Out Disney World, Here We Come" design with Mickey and Minnie in the plane) and put it on tote bags to hand out to everyone in our group on the morning we leave for our trip. The tote bags will have some snacks, park maps, name tags, and other little treats.

Has anybody done tote bags before? Does it work ok? Any special tips?

I have done a lot of tote bags and they work out great!!! I didn't do anything special for them!!

Here is a tote bag I did for my daughter. I just followed the instructions the same as I did for our sweatshirts. She is using her tote bag for a knitting bag. The first design was inspired by Kate (Julia & Nicks Mom) and Lady Lucca designs. The second is Kate's design.

RebeccaTote1.jpg

RebeccaTote2.jpg

Great! Thanks!!

Is there anything specific I should look for in the bags - as far as they type of material they are made from or anything?

This is from the "Design Tips" sticky at the top of the DISigns board. I bought canvas totes from WalMart. They had different sizes.

ETA: Hope this helps. There is lots of good info in that thread - ironing tips, transfer paper tips, etc.

What type shirt (fabric)should I use?
by Baloo and J&NMom

Cotton or Poly/Cotton Blend fabric

T-shirts

Sweat shirts or pants

Canvas totes

Pillow cases

Thanks again! I had read through that thread, but I missed the info. on the tote bags somehow.

My DW did tote bags for both DD's teachers last year as end of year gifts. We had two pics of each class on them (one serious and one goofy) and had no problems. I think she got them from Jo-Anns or Micheals.

GEM said:
Thanks again! I had read through that thread, but I missed the info. on the tote bags somehow.

There's so little info in that thread (NOT!), can't imagine how you missed the info on the tote bags! :rotfl: Actually, I've been through that thread about 15 times and everytime, I find something else that I missed all the times before. That's why I figured, I'd copy and paste it instead of having you try to read through the whole thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter