Puuulease stop saying "price per value"

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie

disneyland_is_magic

DIS Veteran
The price per value phrase may have started with people saying price verses value
Then price verse value
Then price per value

I just assume price per value means 'vs'.
I assumed it started as “price for the value” and got shorten over time. Such as, “this pizza has a good price considering the quality/convenience of it.”
Regardless I googled it the first time I heard them say it because it was so odd sounding and I was like, what does that even mean?!

And google assured me it means nothing.

• Lilsia

DIS Veteran
    Preaching to the choir here. I raised this same point in another thread about the dining show (I believe the one about them butchering the pronunciation of dishes). The phrase bugs the heck out of too.
    This also gets to me. I feel that if a person is going to review food, then some knowledge about the food is necessary. I don't know anything about sports, so I would never try to give commentary on it to others that are looking for guidance and a fair review.

MadMadamMim1

Marvelous & Mad
    I think Charles started it. I really enjoyed Charles, especially on the dining shows, but it bothered me then. Now Fiasco picked it up and honestly he just sounds like a kid who learned a new phrase and runs around saying it so people will think he knows what he’s talking about. He kept saying it in the Jaleo review and it was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

It doesn’t make sense. You just say “it’s a good value” or “it’s a bad value.” The definition of the word value is the importance, worth or usefulness of something. So all you have to say it’s whether it’s a bad value or a good value. To say “price per value” doesn’t make one lick of sense, and as others have said, is redundant.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

du-sidebar-show-notes

ORLANDO SHOW

DISNEYLAND SHOW

UNIVERSAL SHOW

CONNECTING WITH WALT

DREAMS SHOW