• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Q & C at Mara?

cdrn1

<font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have
Has anyone used Quick and Casual Vouchers at the Mara in AKL? I have been looking at the menu at allearsnet and I'm having some trouble deciding what we would be allowed to order with them. Has anyone used one there and if so, what did you order?

We did use them 2 yr ago. I found it depended on the cashier as to just what you got. Some times my kids would get a hambuger meal with fries AND a salad as a side, along with milk & desert...other times the cashier would say the fries WERE the side.

I remember I also got the fried ship plate?...2 of my kids were able to share that. WE made out OK, saving a few to maybe $5.00 each time. The kids got dessert this way that I normally wouldn't get so they liked it.

WE'll be back in Nov. Can't wait!

If you go to the Budget Board, at the top click on Everything you want to know about vouchers, page 6 I made a fairly lengthy review on my Q + C voucher use. Included in the many places we used them was the Mara at AKL. Hope you enjoy reading it and that it helps. I remember really liking the fish and chips and the bread sticks!

We went there to check out the lodge, eat and shop! Loved it!

I'm planning on using some vouchers there as well ... do you know if I would be allowed to get a bottle of water instead of a fountain drink? Seems like a waste to get a pop when we're planning on buying the refillable mugs.

We stayed at AKL this past August and I used the Q&C vouchers during one visit to The Mara. They counted the shrimp basket as the entree and side, chocolate chip cookie as the dessert and let me get a large bottle of OJ as the beverage since we already had the mugs. Sorry to say, the shrimp was darkly fried, almost burned on the outside and mushy on the inside. The fries on the other hand were very pale and limp.

We decided to save our remaining vouchers for what we considered "sure bets" - Tangierine Cafe in Morocco and Lotus Blossom Cafe in China.

I have never been accused of being a fussy eater but whenever I read my WDW reviews I surely sound like one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter