• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Q re 180 + 10 for ADRs

AimKo

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I understand that you can make ADR's 180 days out, but I also saw somewhere that you can do ADRs 180 + 10-- I'm not sure what this means. Can anyone explain? I'd really like to get CRT for a b'fast for our trip in Feb '07. since we'll be going over President's week, I'll need to stand by the phone at the stroke of 7am 180 days in advance--

TIA

Aimee

I'm really not sure people started using the acronym "180+10" because it's misleading. It makes you think that you can make some of the ADRs 190 days in advance.

All it really means is that you can book up to 10 ADRs and you can do it 180 days in advance.

AimKo said:
Hi all. I understand that you can make ADR's 180 days out, but I also saw somewhere that you can do ADRs 180 + 10-- I'm not sure what this means. Can anyone explain? I'd really like to get CRT for a b'fast for our trip in Feb '07. since we'll be going over President's week, I'll need to stand by the phone at the stroke of 7am 180 days in advance--

TIA

Aimee

You can call at 180 and make up to 10 days worth of ADRs...so hopefully you can make them all in one phone call instead of daily BUT for CRT, you should still call everyday because they hold back tables for the true 180 days out. So if you do not have luck on your first day to call for CRT call again on the true 180 days from when you want to eat.

It makes you think that you can make some of the ADRs 190 days in advance.

But truthfully, that is in effect what you are doing. The first part is the 180. So, if you are a Disney Resort guest you may call when you are 180 days out from the date you check in and during that call you may also make the next 10 consecutive days reservations (the +10 part). For that final day's reservations you are actually 190 days from that date -- provided you're staying that long. Granted, anyone may call to get a reservation 180 days out -- Disney Resort Guest or not, but only resort guests can wrap up an entire vacations' dining reservations with only one call as opposed to 180 days from vacation day one, 180 days from vacation day two ... yadda, yadda, yadda.

ok-- so, if I call on the 180th day from day #1 of my trip, does that mean I can book CRT for the 5th or 6th day of my vacation on that call? or is CRT exempt from the 190 day thing? If people can do that is there any hope of getting a ressie calling only on the 180th day from the date I want to eat? Sorry to be so dense.

Thanks for all the answers!

Aimee

AimKo said:
ok-- so, if I call on the 180th day from day #1 of my trip, does that mean I can book CRT for the 5th or 6th day of my vacation on that call? or is CRT exempt from the 190 day thing? If people can do that is there any hope of getting a ressie calling only on the 180th day from the date I want to eat? Sorry to be so dense.

Thanks for all the answers!

Aimee

CRT is different then all the other restaurants as they do still hold tables back for your TRUE 180 day mark so if you have no luck on the 180 day of your first day of your trip then try and get CRT on the true 180 mark.

Many many have reported no luck on the 180 day of their trip but then had luck on the true 180 day of when they wanted to eat at CRT.

They hold tables back.

AimKo said:
ok-- so, if I call on the 180th day from day #1 of my trip, does that mean I can book CRT for the 5th or 6th day of my vacation on that call?
Yes, you can...maybe. As others have noted, not ALL seats are available for the +10 ressies.

We had zero luck with CRT during the +10 periods, but were successful in getting it exactly at 180 days...and only by starting to call around 6:58-6:59 AM.

We also discovered there is a Disney Dining twilight zone where you think you're in the queue, but you're not -- you're just lost in space. We found if we heard the background music clearly, we were in and would eventually get to talk to someone; but if it faded in and out, we never did get a human on the line. One day we just let the static roll for over an hour and nobody ever picked up the line...apparently a glitch in the Disney Dining phone system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter