QS DDP available on Orbitz - Great Deal!

JayDubs

Here for Castles, Fireworks, and Magic
Hey Everyone!

I didn't see this posted, so forgive me if I'm repeating. I just happened to be planning a last minute trip to WDW and I found a deal on Orbitz that I didn't even know existed! I booked a room-only reservation (no tickets!) at Art of Animation and it included a QS Dining Plan! It was listed as "Half Board" on Orbitz and when you click on "Special Deal" it gives you the following details:

Quick Serve Dining Promotion
Book a stay for travel now - December 31, 2017, and receive the following:
  • Choose from over 100 select quick-service restaurants per night
  • 2 quick-service meals per person, per night
  • 2 snacks per person, per night
  • 1 resort refillable drink mug
Full details provided at check-in. Guests age 3-9 must order from the children's menu, where available. Taxes and gratuity may not be included. No refunds for any unused portion of offer. Offer subject to availability. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.

Only see this available at Value Resorts, but I was pretty excited to be able to get a DDP and still get my discount tix from Undercover Tourist. In addition, the current promo code "TRAVELTIME" scores you an extra 15% off your ressie!

I thought this was a great deal--thought I'd share the good news for you value-hunters!

JayDubs

I just booked this! I got a week in a suite at AoA with the dining plan for $2622. The price for the room only booking directly with Disney was $2722. But, you need to look carefully. The "half board" special deal was also offered at one of the All-Stars for our dates, but with nightly taxes and fees of $172 (on top of the room rate), which made the total Orbitz price ridiculous. If you are looking into this, just check the details and total price carefully. Also note that Orbitz will charge you a $25 cancellation fee.

Thanks for posting this. It was a big help!! I got an AoA room with the dinning plan super cheap.

Just a quick update - I was a little dubious about this because it isn't ever how I've seen Disney offer dining plans before, but I got my Disney confirmation number, loaded it into MDE this morning, and it does show a dining plan.

Great deal! I got it for an AOA suite too end of October. Pretty much the same price as booking through Disney but with the dining plan. Awesome!

Just be sure to compare apples to apples. I just priced this out for ASMu and for 3 nights, the room was $185 more with the QSDP (QSDP would be about $145). So I would have been paying an extra $20 just to get the plan.

Just be sure to compare apples to apples. I just priced this out for ASMu and for 3 nights, the room was $185 more with the QSDP (QSDP would be about $145). So I would have been paying an extra $20 just to get the plan.

For some reason, ASMu adds a large nightly tax that AoA doesn't. For our family of 6 and for our dates (9nights), we can get AoA with 'half board' for $3300'ish. That exact same reservation is $4500 at ASMu family suite. Yet, the nightly rate, before taxes, is much less at ASMu.

I honestly wish my family could deal with all of us sleeping in a suite at AoA but I think we'd be too tight. This is such a great deal!

WOW Free dining without tickets??? That's nuts! Too bad it's only suites at AoA and ASMu. No other values, no CSR (still checking)

WOW Free dining without tickets??? That's nuts! Too bad it's only suites at AoA and ASMu. No other values, no CSR (still checking)

This isn't "free dining". The dining plan price is included in the taxes and fees portion of the bill. Without the "half board" the taxes are roughly $35/night and with the "half board" the taxes and fees were about $85/night for 1 adult for the ASMU Family Suite I saw. The difference is the full price of the QSDP.

I booked 4 nights at the end of October at AOA on www.cheaptickets.com using the discount code "feelinhot18". I chose the "special deal" half board. Total $1563.81. Then I called Disney and they found my reservation and linked it to my Disney account and the dining plan shows up on my reservation no problem.

Pricing the same suite directly on the Disney site comes too $1597.80. This is the same type of suite, with the "Magical Holidays Room Offer",same dates, including taxes, but with no dining plan.

This isn't "free dining". The dining plan price is included in the taxes and fees portion of the bill. Without the "half board" the taxes are roughly $35/night and with the "half board" the taxes and fees were about $85/night for 1 adult for the ASMU Family Suite I saw. The difference is the full price of the QSDP.

The extra fees are charged on the AsMu offer, not on the AoA offer. Least right now. Probably a glitch by Orbitz (it also shows up on orbitz partner site cheaptickets.com and their current promo code is 18% off, feelinhot18), so if you can grab it while it's there.

I got a AoA little mermaid room with the dinning plan on orbitz. We are going for four nights. Works out to 144 night with plan. Which is not bad over a holiday weekend at AoA.

I would totally get this deal, but AoA is the only one available during the dates I have ASM booked. Paid $234 for ASM and this AoA deal with the CheapTickets coupon is $406. Quick math says that's a bad deal for a solo traveler. I've never done the DDP before, so I'm a bit unfamiliar with it.

Just booked AoA Cars suite for 10/22-10/25 for 1050 including QSDP for 5 on Cheaptickets with Feelinhot18 code. Price on Disney's site is over $1200 for just the room. Seems like a deal to me.

I booked little mermaid room over Labor Day weekend. I was happy since it was cheaper than the room I had booked already.

Just booked AoA Cars suite for 10/22-10/25 for 1050 including QSDP for 5 on Cheaptickets with Feelinhot18 code. Price on Disney's site is over $1200 for just the room. Seems like a deal to me.

Were you able to confirm that the QSDP is for 5 people? Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!