QS in HS??

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Ok I know this has been asked a lot over the years but I keep looking at the menus and just cant find something that appeals to me :scared: but I need a QS lunch

Where do yall eat QS in HS that's decent :dogdance:

Just posted this in response to another post, but went back twice a couple weeks ago for the 7 layer bowl at Fairfax fare. Super yummy, and you can choose your meat, the pork was beyond delicious!

Give PizzeRizzo a try. Take the stairs or elevator to the second floor and RELAX! You may have the entire dining room to yourself! Food is typical Disney QS, but the environment is detailed and well thought out.

When we went in December, we tried ABC Commissary and it was actually pretty good. I had the Greek salad, father in law had the salmon and my husband had the southwest burger. I can’t remember what my mother in law had but everyone liked their meals. Much different than my experience there many years ago. My boys chose to get backlots Darth Vader waffles and chicken and they liked them.

Get the PB&J shake from the lounge at 50s Prime Time (no ADR needed, just walk up to the bar), then grab a pretzel to go with it!!

Two weeks ago out of desperation we ate at Min and Bill's and got the Carolina hot dogs with pulled pork and coleslaw. It was actually decent - I was shocked.

We ate at ABC Commissary last November. The salmon was very good. I can't remember what DH had, but he liked it.

Give PizzeRizzo a try. Take the stairs or elevator to the second floor and RELAX! You may have the entire dining room to yourself! Food is typical Disney QS, but the environment is detailed and well thought out.
That’s cool. I had no idea.

I know this off topic. But, the HBD lounge with outside seating and umbrellas is among my favorite places to eat in all of WDW. The duck confit sliders has been a regular stop for me for several years now.
They have first come first serve. The limited menu is prepared quickly. We go whenever the tables are open.

We like Backlot Express. Fairfax Faire is only fair but the portions are large. :)

Last edited:
I know this off topic. But, the HBD lounge with outside seating and umbrellas is among my favorite places to eat in all of WDW. The duck confit sliders has been a regular stop for me for several years now.
They have first come first serve. The limited menu is prepared quickly. We go whenever the tables are open.
Yes, if you are talking about branching out from QS, we love the lounge at HBD. It's a standard stop for us too. If we aren't eating at Mama Melrose, we are eating at HBD Lounge. That's about the only 2 places we eat at HS. Nothing else is particularly good.

The one bonus I've noticed about QS at HS? If you're on the dining plan, they have FAR more QS options that include good alcoholic drinks. Many just include beer/wine, neither of which I drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter