QS Plan- Drink question

kbet25

Earning My Ears
Purchasing plan prior to arrival. Only have two questions.
1) If we purchase the plan with Freestyle cup do we get a new cup everyday day or just reactive same cup?
2) I understand credits carryover to next day but can you use a credit from the next day? (EX: Decide to use credits for breakfast and dinner.)

Thanks!

1) You get 1 refillable mug for each member of your room on the dining plan to use for duration of trip.
2) You can use your dining credits anyway you want from check in until midnight of your check out day. You can use them all in one day if you wish to do that. You can use them for any QS meal breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

If you purchase the dining plan with the refillable cup option for each day of your visit, you will get a new cup each day. If you buy the dining plan with the cup for one day, and the dining plan no cup for the other days, you can reactivate the cup you got the first day for the other days.

Credits are not day specific. You can use them how you want to.

If you purchase the dining plan with the refillable cup option for each day of your visit, you will get a new cup each day. If you buy the dining plan with the cup for one day, and the dining plan no cup for the other days, you can reactivate the cup you got the first day for the other days.

You would have to switch rooms/reservations every single day to purchase 1-day dining plans. There is no such thing as making a single 5-day reservation, and buying 5 separate 1-day dining plans. Dining plan is required for length of stay for the reservation.

Also the refillable cup comes with all Dining plans. There is no such thing as a dining plan no-cup option.

Last edited:

I think you are mixing up the Disney dining plan with Universals quick service plan. With Universals you do not have to have dining plan for length of stay and you buy the quick service plan with or without the refillable cup

Perfect! Thanks for the info! My son just graduated from high school and had the choice of where he wanted to go for a vacation! He wanted to come back to Universal. Been to Universal before but never purchased any type of meal plan. Thought it might be easier to just pay up front for a few meals and drinks. Arriving next week!!

This isn't quite correct. You can get a new cup each day if you wish, but you can buy the plan with refillable cup each day and use it to reactivate instead. We did that in April.

Piggy backing, if we are a party of 3, can I buy QS dining for one day with mug for just myself and not all 3? I think it’s a value to get the mug and food together (over buying a mug and food separately.) we will share a mug since I’m not a soda or power aid, lemonade drinker but kids would like it here and there as a treat

2) You can use your dining credits anyway you want from check in until midnight of your check out day. You can use them all in one day if you wish to do that. You can use them for any QS meal breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
I'm not sure #2 is entirely correct either. I'm not an expert on the US QS dining plan, but my understanding was that, unlike WDW, Universal QS Dining plan credits don't expire. I think the meal credits on their Table service plan expire, but not the QS.

When we had it, we had two types of drink credits: one was for the mug itself (including use of the mug on the day we activated them), and a second type of credit that was for activating refills on subsequent days. On the first day, we only activated half our mgs. we were able to activate the rest of the mugs another day.

When activating a refill credit, you will likely want to do it early in the day to get the most use of the credit. We only ever used the QS dining plan once, so I'm no expert, but I know we activated a refill mid-day. I couldn't say what time it expired (park close? midnight?) but our refill activation did NOT extend into the next AM (so not 24 hours).

A nice thing about Universal is that they have multiple drink stations all over the parks and include ice water. the downside is that you have to carry the mug around, which generally =having to put it in a locker for most rides. Most of the time, I don't want to deal with it all day. I very much would not want the hassle of having to deal with 3+ mugs all day. If the cup was collapsible, I'd do the plan more often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!