QS Plan Taking Wine/Beer For Later

stulaurie

Mouseketeer
I will be on the QS Dining Plan. Can I order a Wine/Beer with my lunch at one of the parks and throw it in my bag for later? I’m not sure if for example the wine is served in a little bottle with screw off cap and same for the beer. Can you request it that way instead of pouring in a glass?

Thanks

You are not allowed to remove alcohol from a park. You can consume it there but there is no taking it for later.

it is an option at your resort.

My husband grabbed a White Claw at Sunshine Seasons when we were getting a snack and planned to throw it in his backpack because they were hard to find. It was early and the cashier opened it right there! So be aware, at least in the parks that they will open your containers!

Surely you're not suggesting anyone violate Disny policy? A policy that might even (be) affect(ed by) their license to sell liquor? And yes, i will call you Surely.

Surely you're not suggesting anyone violate Disny policy? A policy that might even (be) affect(ed by) their license to sell liquor? And yes, i will call you Surely.

People violate Disney "policies" every day

As long as I stay in-park, though, I'm not violating any policies by transferring a drink into a sealable container and keeping it a cooler, am I?

I'm post-bariatric surgery so I was hoping to save half of my meals (including cocktail) in a cooler to finish later, as a full meal and full drink is too much at one time, even if I go very slowly.

People violate Disney "policies" every day

And when people violate Disney policies/rules, Disney changes the rules or adjusts to more strictly enforce them. (see: what happened with GAC vs DAS, new Dining plan restrictions).

Most folks want to do the right thing. The ones who don't either get caught or become a contributer toward future rules and restrictions.

As long as I stay in-park, though, I'm not violating any policies by transferring a drink into a sealable container and keeping it a cooler, am I?

I'm post-bariatric surgery so I was hoping to save half of my meals (including cocktail) in a cooler to finish later, as a full meal and full drink is too much at one time, even if I go very slowly.

I do not believe you can carry alcoholic drinks around MK. Alcohol is only available at TS restaurants and they don't let you bring drinks out of the restaurant. Epcot and AK do allow you to carry drinks in the open around the parks, I can't remember if we could at HS. You are also not allowed to bring any outside alcohol into any of the parks, and if you were caught with an alcoholic drink in a sealable container, you'd have a tough time proving you bought it in the park. Just some things to be aware of.

Yeah, I'd keep the receipt and be able to produce the half-meal as well, along with an explanation. I'm thinking Epcot and DHS for this - it's just two meals (one night, two days trip). Pre-surgery, I know I was able to walk around Epcot with a drink (grand mariner slushie, which I got after dinner and kept with me while watching Illuminations).

That said, if I eat a bit less (and save food for later), I might be able to finish an entire drink and have enough in my stomach to make sure I don't get too tipsy. 8-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter