Delete Thread

Girl, you need to come to the south and get some REAL pimento cheese! So delicious! Great start to the report, can’t wait to read more!

I want to try some! I wanted to have it on something at Disney, but didn't end up getting anything. Thanks for following along!

He went around 10:30 am to pick them up, and they wouldn't give him any :rotfl: They said they weren't ready to serve lunch yet and fries were lunch....

muT7Z9u.gif

No, fries are an anytime food in my opinion :laughing:

I agree!! I hate the McDonalds (at least around here) doesn't start serving fries until 11. If you can serve egg McMuffins all day long, you can serve fries all day long!!

He was telling us how it's healthier because he orders it without the bun (which he discovered because Josh does that due to his allergy)...and he eats it almost everyday. I'll let you all draw your own conclusions on whether that's really healthier or not :rotfl:

Haha umm...yeah, sure healthy. Kinda like how people say I must be soo healthy for eating gluten free...like, there's no gluten in sugar...no gluten in butter...no gluten in steak...things I eat quite regularly.

Omg this looks amazing.

After he only ate the shrimp again I asked what he had against grits (after all Homecomin’s grits are buttery and delicious), and he said he had a delicate Irish palette and couldn’t eat all this rich Southern food :rotfl:

Oh my goodness, Josh!! :laughing:

eb23eb95-4781-4c78-9e43-1cd4dccf2875-jpeg.289603

This was delicious, but like most their food very filling and a huge portion. I liked being able to add the caramel as I wanted it, and it was delicious. I wish they had a non seasonal bread pudding, but then again this is the only time I’ve even made it to dessert at Homecomin’. :laughing:

Wow! This looks delectable!

Joining the party. Sorry about the Moonshine , that would have been the one I ordered on our trip but decided to stick with the wine. We ate here for the first time last month and liked dinner so much we went back for lunch. Seeing your mac & cheese I wish I had swapped that for the mashed potatoes for my dinner

I think I’m going to add in what I estimated each meal to be at for a comparison to see how close I was. Would you be interested in seeing that? I’m not a math person, but I do try to stay organized. :laughing:
I'm a nerd, so I always enjoy numbers. I thought about going adding it to mine to see how we did with TiW... was it worth it with the 20% AP discounts?? Dun dun duhhhhh :rotfl: But like Texans said, I think it helps with budgeting too.

Found it :goodvibes

Here’s some delicious looking mac and cheese photos:
You might remember Steve and I weren't fans of Homecomin' on our one visit, and part of it was that our mac and cheese was dry as anything - NO creaminess, almost like there was no cheese and just dried up macaroni. This picture looks like what I was expecting! Glad overall you enjoyed your meal. I like that you're keeping track of what you're spending also; we have an idea of what we spend on food each trip but don't pay close attention since we just eat whatever we want, whenever we want lol. But it's interesting to see what others spend.

So we ended up having to go on the way to the airport anyway (but to a different Mcdonalds that was closer to the airport and had fries). Josh's brother was with us since he was dropping us off, and he ended up making an interesting dining choice. He got 4 burger patties smothered in cheese and a salt packet to dump onto each of them.
Does he also have high blood pressure? :laughing:

Moonshine Mash
Watermelon-infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice, and simple syrup.

644eeab2-5338-4024-987b-421e4a6b3353-jpeg.289596

This was...not good :crazy2:. I couldn’t taste the watermelon at all. I had ordered this because I like watermelon, and all I could really taste was some of the lime.
That’s so disappointing it wasn’t good. It sounds really good.

Deviled Eggs

91737f15-ce77-4d49-b0af-b826b7b80b09-jpeg.289597

This time they came with crispy ham on the side which Josh couldn’t have, but I really liked on them. I think these are better with the saltiness and crunch to balance out the flavors in the filling. Otherwise like I’ve said before there’s too much of a mustard taste which I’m not a fan of. And I liked this a lot more than the candied bacon we’d had in the past since I thought that was too sweet.
I love deviled eggs! I don’t like mustard though so I might not like these.

eb23eb95-4781-4c78-9e43-1cd4dccf2875-jpeg.289603

This was delicious, but like most their food very filling and a huge portion. I liked being able to add the caramel as I wanted it, and it was delicious. I wish they had a non seasonal bread pudding, but then again this is the only time I’ve even made it to dessert at Homecomin’.
That looks amazing! They definitely need to add bread pudding to the regular menu. It would fit really well.

Eek. I remember you telling us about this! I still can't believe they forgot you! So silly, and then bad service on top of it. We usually tip well unless the service is really bad also. One time we had a waiter (at home, at a chain restaurant) who didn't put in our app order, so it came after our entrees because we decided we still wanted them, never refilled drinks, never brought me ranch for my fries, and was complaining loudly with another waiter about how they were going to show "them" by earning the most tips because they were serving in the worst section. Needless to say we did not help them with their goal...

Also, maybe this is just me, but I'm of the mindset that when you're understaffed, people are happier sitting with a menu and a drink than in the waiting area. I just find it really annoying to stand there (because it's always full when this happens so there's nowhere to sit) and then you get around the corner and there's a gazillion empty tables. I had a lot of family wait tables as a living before I came along, and this was always there thought based on experience, because if they held back seating people, they often walked up to a table of grumpy people to begin with because they'd been waiting for no reason.
I always find it disappointing when they advertise a fancy french toast and there's nothing special about it. I feel cheated. :rotfl2: At least your bacon was crispy! That's my preference too so Zack usually gets mine in Disney... I'm starting to think that unless there's characters, I might be good with QS breakfast like Mickey waffles or a troll horn from Kringla. Except Kona, I still want Tonga toast!

Ugh. We went to a restaurant at home recently and the hostess said I will find you in the bar when your table is ready. After about 30 minutes , I went up and asked( politely ) how much longer did they think it would be - they replied oh we have been calling your phone and you didn’t answer. Well , if I had known they would be calling - I would have had my phone out. I was trying to be disconnect so had my phone in my purse . So , feel your frustration.

We went to breakfast once when it was Captains Grille . Food was disappointing and we had a weird seating experience. The place was not even 1/4 full and as a party of two put us at a small table squeezed in very close to a large party. Now , if they were full and that was the only table , I get it but there were so many tables available. When we asked to move , the host got on his little microphone and spoke to the hostess stand to make sure it was ok. It was awkward !

Woof! Your breakfast experience sounds pretty bad and those breakfasts look pretty tiny for the CP package price! I had always heard good things about Captain's Grill breakfast but our service there had been lackluster too. Oh well, guess I won't be adding this one to the list to try!

It's so hard to come by crispy bacon! My dad is one of the only other people I know that shares my preference, Josh doesn't like it crispy. I really like Boma! I do like buffets though because then I can have allll the breakfast food :laughing:
Oh I forgot Boma, I want to try it! I like getting everything at the buffet too... Zack is not a crispy bacon fan. He always calls it burnt.

Also, I think I jinxed us because we had a not great waitress at dinner last night...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter