Delete Thread

OPhN66h.gif

(After all I took french in school for several years and remember like 3 words of it).
I'm dead. Like deceased :rotfl2:

Cygne au chocolat
Swan cream puff filled with chocolate mousse, chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream
I can't get my phone to quote the photo of your Swan but... I swear it looks like Dr Finkelstein from the Nightmare before Christmas IMG_9394.JPG

:rotfl:

Isn't he a cutie?

pwJxL5Dl.jpg
Duh, and so distinguished looking with that 'stache!!!

But the booths are definitely a good idea! I just have to do less meals too so we can actually get to them.
It's so hard because there's so many restaurants! I'm going to look over the menus today, so I can get an idea of how many things we might eat so I know how much time to leave for booths vs if we want ADRs. I'm so behind on this trip, I have 2 ADRs and one I just got an hour ago...

Boeuf Bourguignon, linguine
Beef braised in Cabernet with baby onions and carrots, served with linguine pasta

9IoRCoxl.jpg

Poulet fermier à la Layonnaise, pomme puree
Lyon style roasted chicken served with tomatoes and vinegar sauce, mashed potatoes

MqbxPDfl.jpg
These both seem kind of just ok to me. I don't have a huge desire to try a meal here. Maybe French food just isn't my thing.

99kZWt8l.jpg

It was lemon, raspberry, and strawberry. Surprisingly he really liked the lemon flavor, usually he prefers raspberry.
This looks super yummy, I have to say! And I am with you on the vanilla ice cream!

Chefs used to have a varied short rib dish with pasta. The beef and pasta were mixed together. Looks like they have tried to upgrade the dish, but left 8n the pasta for you to mix. I love the boeuf bourrguinon at the F&W France pavilion served with mashed potatoes. That is what should be served with it, but pasta. My grandpa always served it with mash, so that must right, LOL.

The French Onion soup is so good. Glad you agree.

I admit I used to look at people who order sorbet for dessert and tgink "What losers? How could plain sorbet beat out a real dessert." That all changed when one night I was too stuffed and ordered the sorbet for. France. OMG that was fabulous. The flavors were so bright and refreshing! I have never thought poorly of anyone ordering that again. Josh really got the best dessert between you.

I have no idea how I missed this until now, but I am here and loving everything so far (Ale and Compass aside). So glad you all enjoyed Homecoming, its become one of our favorites too.

Can't wait for more!

Their French onion soup is so good sorry to hear some of the dishes were lacking flavor
Yes Josh is adorable with or without the foam ;)

I have no idea how I missed this until now, but I am here and loving everything so far (Ale and Compass aside). So glad you all enjoyed Homecoming, its become one of our favorites too.

Welcome! :wave: I'm glad you found it! I love Homecoming so much I want to go on every trip :lovestruc

Can't wait for more!

:thumbsup2

Their French onion soup is so good sorry to hear some of the dishes were lacking flavor

It is! The soup was delicious.

Yes Josh is adorable with or without the foam ;)

:rotfl:

Just catching up and few comments:
a) Crispy bacon is okay in salads, but otherwise not a fan. Rather like cooking a steak to well done. It's an abomination, sort of like mixing chocolate and mint together (see Leviticus 29:69). ;)
$) Deviled eggs gotta have mustard or they simply ain't deviled eggs, more like impish eggs. . .
II.c.5) Homecoming's deviled eggs are halfway there. I say commit to mustard or not at all. A bit bland.
xx-xx) We've liked Chef's before, but I'd be put off a bit by them serving pasta with beef bourguignon. Potatoes? Fine. Pasta? Not so much.

Love your take on reviews and looking forward to more!

She also seemed to be extremely fluent in English so I did not have to use my fancy French speaking skills on her.

OPhN66h.gif

(After all I took french in school for several years and remember like 3 words of it).
Haha-I took French for 3 years in HS, then lived in Montreal for 6 years, and I still don't speak anything!

We both got bread:

SvHceE0l.jpg

aGsXXCfl.jpg

xEnoL68l.jpg
How was his GF bread?

Boeuf Bourguignon, linguine
Beef braised in Cabernet with baby onions and carrots, served with linguine pasta

9IoRCoxl.jpg

My beef was really nice and tender except for one chunk of it that was very chewy and fatty. I just skipped that piece. I didn't really get why the dish came with completely plain pasta though, to give it any flavor I mixed it in with the beef and sauce, but overall it still felt plain and tasted like it should've come with something on it. Instead of pasta they could probably just add more meat to the dish and take out the pasta entirely.
Hmm, I was considering this for a meal when I go to CdF in December. I'll have to see if anything else interested me too!

The only issue was to make this GF he had to skip the sauce. He thought maybe there was an alternative sauce (the waitress didn't make it super clear what they needed to modify on this dish, just that they could), but his chicken, broccoli, and potatoes arrived plain aside from butter on the potatoes. Overall he thought his meal was far too plain, and didn't have much flavor.
Yeah, that does look pretty plain!

Cygne au chocolat
Swan cream puff filled with chocolate mousse, chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream

jnehEu7l.jpg

I think maybe they ran out of chocolate ice cream? Because I was served vanilla. Until right now I actually thought I misread the menu because I didn't really look at it for long before ordering. I love how this dessert looks! And it was pretty good. However I'm not a big fan of vanilla ice cream by itself so I was a little disappointed it wasn't chocolate. I actually think this might work better if it was filled with the type of cream in cream puff pastries or a mousse of some sort.
So cute! I was also going to get this!

So fun to read another one of your DRs! Such good reviews as per usual. I'm bummed about Ale and Compass. CG has always been an easy to score reservation last minute that has always been pretty good. Although I must say, by breakfast was the least favorite meal I've had there.

Ok....I need to know how they managed to mess this up? I mean....it looks AMAZING. Looks like a calorie bomb too.

This looked more unique than the actual cookies which I assumed we're very similar to what they were handing out at MVMCP for free. Sadly, I didn't find this to be anything special. It was difficult to eat with the plastic utensils, and just tasted overwhelmingly of the cinnamon ice cream. The description sounded good, but it just kind of fell flat.

ZftjuMul.jpg

Also, I LOL'd at work with the french press JT gif. My DH is also quite particular about our french press. Temp of water, size of the grounds, how long it sits before pressing, etc.

OK, caught up on this one! Homecomin' and Yak and Yeti look delicious! I'm debating on trying out Homecomin' on our upcoming trip. And you've GOT to try pimento cheese. I make it homemade, and my kids scarf it up.

That's a shame it was so salty. I feel like a lot of Disney restaurants over salt. Did you mention to the waiter about it being inedible?

This looks really good! I'm glad his meal was a lot better than the appetizer.

This burger looks humongous! I wish I'd read this before taking my fiance there. Such a disaster he didn't like anything. But he likes burgers and he loves Gouda cheese. I'm sure he would have enjoyed his meal a lot more if he'd ordered this. And those fries look heavenly.

The Landry card seemed to be really helpful getting a table. That's great you didn't have to wait and were able to eat when you were hungry instead of scheduling it far out.

I love having the Landry card, we got in on Thanksgiving Day in about 5 minutes without an ADR.

Everything looks yummy, sorry the lettuce cups were a salty bust!

Following along! Your waitress at Ale & Compass sounds awful--I wouldn't have tipped her 20% either, and like you, I always do!

Your Yak & Yeti lunch looks sooo good--especially the fries with your burger! I've been trying to fit in a lunch there for years. Our April trip may have to be the one.

We were called in about 10 mins, with an ADR we still probably would've had to wait 20+ mins past our time to get in judging by the crowds.
Intersting! We don't have any Landry restaurants by us. Glad it worked in your favor!

Yak Attack
Mango Daiquiri, Don Q Cristal Rum and Wild Berry Flavors

24ea2c48-0bbb-4735-ae4f-b9b5dc4198d7-jpeg.293346
Yum! That's looks better than what I had ordered from here.

Ha! I found a lot of the food here a little too salty.

Kobe Beef Burger
10 oz. grilled American Kobe beef burger, sesame-soy mayonnaise, crispy shoestring fries. Topped with choice of shiitake mushrooms and scallion compote or Asian slaw
(With the Asian slaw)

79f368ec-6c14-4bf4-a76a-11e8d44a9b61-jpeg.293349
This looks really good! Is that the cheese on top! It looks REALLY thick! The fries look good but they don't look like Shoe string Fries. I think of super think fries.. But they look extra crispy, which is how I like them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!