• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quantum Class?

Kimberly9701

DIS Veteran
I've been waiting for DCL to release their 2017 Mediterranean itineraries.. Waiting to compare against a Quantum class cruise.

This summer 2 of the Quantum class ships have sailings in Asia.. Next year - nothing.

Does anyone know why?

I've been waiting for DCL to release their 2017 Mediterranean itineraries.. Waiting to compare against a Quantum class cruise.

This summer 2 of the Quantum class ships have sailings in Asia.. Next year - nothing.

Does anyone know why?
There are only two of them officially at sea right now. One is in Asia and the other is on the East coast of the US. It will be a while before they populate everywhere else. By then they might be affordable. Right now those ships have a high cost. You can get club level on the Grandeur for about 4k to 5k for two people. Sometimes even less than that. The same level on a Quantum class is $9000+

There are only two of them officially at sea right now. One is in Asia and the other is on the East coast of the US. It will be a while before they populate everywhere else. By then they might be affordable. Right now those ships have a high cost. You can get club level on the Grandeur for about 4k to 5k for two people. Sometimes even less than that. The same level on a Quantum class is $9000+
I definitely wouldn't pay 9k!
I was looking at either a 10 day Japan, which was @ 5k for a decent balcony room. The Bermuda/Caribbean was around $3k I think for same room. But I don't see any dates for either past spring '17.
Is there a possibility that their itineraries have not been released yet?

Has anyone heard any first hand feedback about these ships? We have our first DCL Western Caribbean in 2016..
My son will be 7 in April 2017, I'm planning on a June cruise...and the Quantum class ships look like they may even win out (for his age) against DCL.

Has anyone heard any first hand feedback about these ships? We have our first DCL Western Caribbean in 2016..
My son will be 7 in April 2017, I'm planning on a June cruise...and the Quantum class ships look like they may even win out (for his age) against DCL.
My in-laws were on the infamous Anthem storm cruise. My father in-law complained that is was far too large for his liking. I'd take that with a grain of salt though.

My in-laws were on the infamous Anthem storm cruise. My father in-law complained that is was far too large for his liking. I'd take that with a grain of salt though.
Omg..that would have been horrible! I feel really bad for the first time cruisers who were on that sailing. They might never go again.lol

Omg..that would have been horrible! I feel really bad for the first time cruisers who were on that sailing. They might never go again.lol
They leave in a couple days to go out of Baltimore. In some weird way my father in-law liked it. I think it reminded him of his Navy days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter