Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good evening.

This day is always going to be mixed emotions for me. 7 Years ago today my husband had his first stroke.

However 18 years ago my grandson Mikey entered this world. I still can't believe 4 of my grandkids are now adults. He has been a blessing from day one. Mikey didn't talk until he was almost 4 but now we have the best conversations. He is smart, funny, quirky and I am blessed to be his grandmother.

Mikey the day he was born
20.jpg

And today he is all grown up
20240423_134853.jpg

We stopped at the Disney store in the outlets and he let me take this picture.

Hope you all have a great rest of the evening.

:grouphug:dear Taz. God Bless Mikey! How beyond graced he has been all his life to have you! Health prayers always to you and your family, you know that.

Dad , I feel so badly for, really needs to go to the dentist🦷I have yet to hear back from Shalina the second home health person Dr. S recommended. When I spoke with Shalina yesterday she told me her own schedule is busy and limited to just helping people shower. She did promise to consult with a colleague who she would be seeing yesterday afternoon and get back to me. Nothing yet :( I did reach out a Google found in home physical therapy company that services my area. The woman, Karen, I spoke with was very nice and seemed to understand my needs. She asked me to email her more information which I did and that she would get back to me. Praying she follows through tomorrow. Lately, it has felt a bit frustrating at times with folks who may not always reply! I realize and respect everyone is busy, no blame intended just miss the olden days of seemingly easier communication. Wishing each of you sweet dreams with all my love.

I know that you were not asking me but the Tigers don't play The Phillies that often although I always admired Mike Schmidt. I was born 35 miles outside of Pittsburgh so I was taught to Love the Steelers. I had three brothers who made sure that I kept up on all sports. I married a man who knew next to nothing about sports but I brought him into the fold
and after 63 years of marriage, we still cancel social engagements if there is a good game (football, baseball, hockey,
basketball or Winter\Summer Olympics. And I love, love Jason Kelsey! lol

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you hear back soon. It is frustrating that sometimes people just don't get back to you. Wishing the best for you and your Dad.

Tazdev Nice pictures of Mikey.

Not a Phillies fan but really liked the Red Sox in the 60s. Those are the players I remember. But I do remember some from the early 2000s as my kids were into watching the Red Sox especially with the World Series. So sad about Tim Wakefield and his wife. They did alot of charity work. Alot of Red Sox players did alot of work for the Jimmy Fund and other charities.

Good morning. It is 45 now with rain off and on today and temps near 60. I will have to walk in between the rain drops. At least it looks like it will be clear when I have to drive to work tomorrow morning. I went to the lake to walk yesterday and saw what I believe is a Great Blue heron. He just stood in the water watching me while I took his picture. He was very aware and watchful. So majestic and beautiful. I also saw a hawk fairly close up as he flew around with his wings spread out and sailing on the breeze.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Attachments

• Heron at Lake Apr 24.jpg
    Heron at Lake Apr 24.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 5

Phillies won! I am still working on my snowy scene puzzle while I watch the game. This puzzle is hard, but I like to deal with it while watching the Phillies. Hopefully, I’ll be able to post a picture here when it’s finished.
I'm not a huge sports fan, but I do have a recent puzzle photo. - I finished this one last week:

IMG_1237.jpeg

@flyingdumbo127 I hope you hear back soon. It is frustrating that sometimes people just don't get back to you. Wishing the best for you and your Dad.

Tazdev Nice pictures of Mikey.

Not a Phillies fan but really liked the Red Sox in the 60s. Those are the players I remember. But I do remember some from the early 2000s as my kids were into watching the Red Sox especially with the World Series. So sad about Tim Wakefield and his wife. They did alot of charity work. Alot of Red Sox players did alot of work for the Jimmy Fund and other charities.

Good morning. It is 45 now with rain off and on today and temps near 60. I will have to walk in between the rain drops. At least it looks like it will be clear when I have to drive to work tomorrow morning. I went to the lake to walk yesterday and saw what I believe is a Great Blue heron. He just stood in the water watching me while I took his picture. He was very aware and watchful. So majestic and beautiful. I also saw a hawk fairly close up as he flew around with his wings spread out and sailing on the breeze.

Off to work. Have a good day.
Looks like a GBH to me also.

Who are your current favorite Philly players?

I assume you have liked the Phillies for some time. Did you like Steve Carlton, Mike Schmidt, Luzinski and the crew?
Oh yes! We lived in Yardley Pa, and followed the Phillies faithfully! We gave our older son a Mike Schmidt rookie card for his first Communion! What a celebration in 1980!

Later we moved to Dayton OH where we did meet Mike Schmidt!

Kyle and Alec and Ranger…Brandon March….

Our other son liked the Orioles! He got a Cal Ripken Jr rookie card for his first Communion!

We moved back to NJ in 2017, and back to watching the Phillies! 2022 was a hard year! Our family that lives in Houston had torn loyalties!

Whom do you like?

Good morning.

I had the boys for school this morning so an early start. Sadly I did something I have never done before and lost my temper with Anthony. He's 16 and going through a lot with his knee but he has become incredibly bossy with his brothers and today tried bossing me around. He doesn't like me giving the dog a treat. The dog looks for it because that was always our routine. I got upset with it and raised my voice. He stomped down to the basement and wouldn't get in the car til his friend was there. I did apologize and warned my daughter. She didn't care because his attitude has been horrible lately. I think Anthony is in for a talking to by my SIL, He's a very hands on dad and is fed up with his attitude and the way he's been treating the family. I just feel very sad that I raised my voice as I have NEVER done that before, although he did deserve a re[primand for the way he spoke to me.

I like the baseball player question. I grew up a die-hard Cardinals fan. I loved Stan Musial because of my dad only to find out recently he was once my dad's favorite player. Dad tried to get an autograph when he was about 12 or 13 and Musial gave him a nasty look, pushed the ball away and walked right past him. Dad wasn't too crazy about him after that. I loved Bob Gibson and Lou Brock, even Steve Carlton til he got traded to the Phillies. My husband is a diehard Philly's sports team guy, except basketball, so of course I had to be silent when they played the Cards. In 1980 when the Phillies won the World Series, I worked a block away from where they were starting the Parade to celebrate. My company let us go early that day and I walked right past all of the Phillies. That started my slow conversion to the Phillies/ I loved Tug McGraw, Steve Carlton again, John Kruk, Larry Bowa, Juan Samuel, and of course Mike Schmidt. My son was a sports fan from the day he was born as my husband would hold him and watch baseball with him, then football and hockey. My son LOVED Mike Schmidt and wanted to be just like him. Over the years I have had a few favorite players and a few I didn't like. I loved Shane Victorino, Jimmy Rollins, Cole Hamels, Roy Halliday. Recent favorites are Realmuto, Bohm, Marsh, Suarez and Stott. I like Harper, even have his Jersey, but at times he rubs me the wrong way. I can't wait to see Rojas as he develops over the next couple of years and the new pitcher Kerkering. This past October I actually got to go to the opening game of the playoffs against Miami. That was probably one of the greatest nights of my life and I had been to a hockey playoff game back in the 70's the year the Flyers won the Stanley Cup for the first time. The electricity in a Phiillies crowd is awesome. We live and die with our teams but always look forward to the new season and a new year to try again. Football will be hard for me this year because I love Kelce and it won't be the same without him.

Good morning. Sunny and going to be 64, slight chance of showers later

Heading for the market in a few minutes. Have to stop at US Cellular and find out why my phone isn't making sound notifications for my texts. Happened yesterday after the latest update. Everything is set the way it should be.

Every time there's an update I have sound issues. Usually it turns the volume off.

Got 2 more flower beds weeded and mulched yesterday and planted my 2 new rose bushes.

Have to get moving, have a nice day

1713963560744.png

@tazdev3225, sad about Stan Musial and your dad. Hard on your dad, for sure.

The only sports card I currently have and will keep is of Greg Grant on the Knicks. I taught in Trenton City Schools, and he was a student, and one of the nicest people I have ever met. He was a guard, 5’7” and 140 pounds, you read that right. Look him up if you care!

IMG_5478.jpeg

Enjoy your day!

Cold start at 36 overnight
We had frost in the lower areas Monday morning!
But for the first time in 5 years, I got to have my favorite flowers and their scent blowing through the house.
Nothing like being able to open the windows and let some of the spring scent thru the house! My lilac tree is almost blooming, I think I'll follow your example and bring in a few branches this weekend.
Put up the new shepherds hook and 2 new bird feeders
I put up the one Humming Bird feeder I had left over (tossed all my plastic ones, they were just getting to icky for me so I had one glass one left, plus I ordered three more that should be here this week) as we have been seeing them for about a week here. Last night they were buzzing around like crazy!
Mikey didn't talk until he was almost 4
Happy B'day to him! My youngest brother didn't talk until he was about 5/starting school. He's made up for it since then though :rolleyes:

Good morning to you all, and HI to PEA!!!
I try to keep up, and I read every day but well, lots of things going on and life to live so I don't post as often as I used to.
Not a whole lot going on besides the usual day-to-day. Work, and yard/farm work keeps us busy, and that's okay with us, not that we don't have or enjoy our down time in the evenings - we do. I am going to a local shrub auction this Saturday morning. I'm hoping they have some trees/substantial sized shrubs. On top of whatever I come home with Saturday, we have about 20 shrubs to plant in our 1/4 mile living fence line, plus about 30 tree saplings to plant.

I've got a pedicure appt. this evening at 5, and acupuncture this Friday at 3. Depending on my timing I have a return to take back to Home Goods before or after the pedicure....I'll try to be good, but I do love a good meander around HG:jumping1::laughing::jumping1:I'm trying hard to be good and avoid buying ANYTHING decorative for the pool area until it's actually done - I've been tempted a time or two but so far I've been good haha!

Dinner this evening will be steamed shrimp & salad. I think tomorrow will be tenderloin w/ a baked potato.

Youngest and his wife go to settlement on their first house in about 2 weeks. We are excited for them, and they are as well!

Well, I think that's about all. Have a good day everyone -

Good morning!:sunny:

Working from home today, so it's a good day :-). Planning on taking my walk during lunch. I was off this past weekend so I took Mia to the zoo on Saturday, we had fun 🐧. The penguins are her favorite, she gets so excited when she sees them. Friday night I met up with Mitchell, Jacob & the girls for dinner and then on Sunday I went to lunch with Mitchell, Erin, Evan and the family.

Reds finally won last night, need to get back on track.👏⚾

We found out Friday at work that my manager (that I like) is leaving for a promotion in a different department. The 3 of us who report to him weren't very happy 😠. I know this is selfish but he always stuck up for us to our director. We all pretended to be happy and congratulated him but we also asked him if he was able to take anyone with him.

Not much else going on, I guess I'll get back to work. Doing some laundry so I need to go and change that over. Have a great day! :wave:

Hello everyone,
So nice to hear about everyone’s days. Tomorrow I am headed to Vegas for a short trip. Out 2 DD’s and their husbands are also coming. We are going to see Garth Brooks. It will be very bittersweet since he was a favorite of Kris and I. “ The Dance” was our song. I used the chorus in Kris’s obit. I’m sure a few tears will be shed by all of us.

We get back and then my sisters and I will be headed to Iowa for a tulip festival. I’m kind of afraid that the tulips will be past their prime. Oh well!

Best wishes for all of you! Good to see Pea back. Sure missed her!
Lynn … you put us all to shame, wish I had your ambition. Flying Dumbo…..many prayers for continued healing. Snowysmom…. Many prayers for you in your grief journey, I think of you often. Taz… don’t be too hard on yourself, teenagers are a big challenge, maybe he will think about his behavior, although I wouldn’t hold my breath😂

@dazedx3, enjoy your trip, and even the tears you shed because of the wonderful memories! In the 1990’s, I forget the year, we flew our son home from college to go to a Garth Brooks concert in Philadelphia with us. The other thing you said regarding Lynn is something I wholeheartedly agree with, she is amazing regarding all she accomplishes!

Oh yes! We lived in Yardley Pa, and followed the Phillies faithfully! We gave our older son a Mike Schmidt rookie card for his first Communion! What a celebration in 1980!

Later we moved to Dayton OH where we did meet Mike Schmidt!

Kyle and Alec and Ranger…Brandon March….

Our other son liked the Orioles! He got a Cal Ripken Jr rookie card for his first Communion!

We moved back to NJ in 2017, and back to watching the Phillies! 2022 was a hard year! Our family that lives in Houston had torn loyalties!

Whom do you like?
Nice! I have deep roots with the Red Sox even though I never lived in MA. When the Sox visited the Mariners in 1981 my Mom somehow arranged for me to meet my favorite player, Yaz. Pretty amazing day for me. Coming full circle, when DS19 and I visited Fenway in 2017 I was able to arrange a meeting with my boy and Mookie.

It continued thru the leans years and when they finally won in 2004 I celebrated with champagne. Unfortunately my celebration was a bit more subdued than the players. I couldn't spray champagne all over the house but had to settle for dumping it over my head standing in the bathtub. My wife was happy with my decision.

The list of fav players is long...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter