Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@PollyannaMom I love The Partridge Family, too! I grew up with them! I got to see David Cassidy perfoem several years back (one of his kids was in college in Boston at the time) and photograph him from the side of the stage. He played all his best songs, it was so much fun!

I grew up with 60s and 70s Rock mostly, due to having older siblings who played it LOUDLY at our house, lol, and many long days hanging out with friends with my portable 8Track player always with me. We were always really into music and those songs, I feel like, are part of who I am. I got busy in the 80s and 90s and didn’t have a lot of time for new music between school and jobs, etc (but still loved my trusty favorites). Once kids came along I made music a part of their development even when they were still in-utero, quietly listening to many types of music rocking in a chair in their new room, and listening to show tunes, lullabies, movie love songs, you name it. When they were born (twins) I had lullaby CDs they always fell asleep to, then Kidsongs, and Disney songs, etc. Needless to say, both are very into music themselves, and I’ve gotten to like some of their music now, too: of course, they know all of mine! It’s always kind of comical in the car because we’re all fighting over whose music to listen to, lol. DH has a lot of music none of us are really into the poor guy has started to get a complex about it. :lmao: But we both have Spotify and like to build up our song lists. If anyone has seen my posts on low-key’s song threads, I like mostly 70sRock, but know plenty of other music, as well. I like music that can make me llaugh or cry; same with movies. If I’m driving I like fast paced songs. I love a good mellow song, though, too. It would be very hard for me to list favorites, but Paul McCartney, Aerosmith, America, Elton John, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, John Denver, Mowtown, movie songs, etc., are among my favorites. ❤❤❤

PS A treat I just got myself a few weeks ago are some Bluetooth wireless headphones. They are so cool! A lot of times I can’t sleep so I can put my headphones on and scroll through song lists on Spotify or Youtube to my heart’s content and not disturb anybody! On Spotify they have lists of their own, and I’ve discovered a lot of songs I’d forgotten about but really liked, so I’m enjoying that! I had an older set of plug-in headphones (that were cracked) but these are completely different. I got them at TJMaxx if anyone is interested.

Thank you, PollyannaMom for the America Says info. I will check it out sometime :)

Carol, that is awesome about your pastor. Good for her!

Snowysmom, I like how you said that! Happy Friday Eve to you, too! God Bless your grandkids and prayers they do well and stay safe.

Lynxstch, lovely picture of your stepdaughter. I am awful at trying to guess someone's age! I did agree with the ages guessed :)

I've enjoyed reading all the various music preferences :)

I know a lot of you have kids or grandkids that are young. I am sharing this as an FYI so any of you looking at School Zone Hidden Picture books will be aware. Yes, lol, during this plague hidden picture books can be fun and they are definitely NOT as easy as you might think. I've also gotten a couple for future use with church kids I pray one day. Anyway I had ordered two hidden picture books. The first has penguins in an ice cream truck on the cover (Super Deluxe Hidden Pictures from 2008). The second has animals (I think singing) on the cover (Hidden Pictures Discovery). There is a purple hippo, a pink pig, and a white cow. I learned from calling School Zone that neither of these books truly exist anymore! They just share an ISBN with supposedly their newer version! The woman I spoke to could not comprehend why this was a big deal! I kept telling her because the product is different! It's one thing to update a book cover with a different illustration or dust jacket but have the actual text be 100% the same but this is not that at all!

Book #1 (which was supposed to be the penguins) was in reality simply called Hidden Pictures with an elephant on the cover.

Book #2 (which was supposed to be the singing animals) was in reality called Hidden Pictures Around the World with a pyramid a young girl, her dad, and their dog on the cover.

The books I ordered no longer exist. They were "replaced" by the others. Problem: That is dishonest! I also already had bought both books previously! I NEVER would have gotten the elephant covered one intending for use with kids had I realized he is smoking a big pipe! School Zone told me, oh yeah other parents have complained about that too because they felt it was showing smoking to kids as being something positive. I am in no way, just so this is clear, saying anything negative about anyone who chooses to smoke! I do not. Can't stand the smell. I do think it is wrong to use cartoon characters geared to kids that way. Anyway the woman claimed that this smoking elephant replaced the penguins! The elephant says it came out just last year so not sure why she was trying to tell me perhaps it was the other way (the other way was what she clearly first said. I realized later about the date discrepancy making that questionable :P)

Christian Book where I ordered the books from provided above and beyond customer service! They always have. The woman assured me that someone would personally check the stock room to be sure the covers and first pages matched. Should they not, I'd be called. I will call CB in the morning to give them a heads up to probably save their time! I do highly always recommend CB. The service rep also promised me that should they truly not have the older version the pictures on their website would be immediately updated! She herself kept telling me (what I already knew, of course) that each and every book has it's own unique ISBN!.

I hope the above makes some sense! I know it was long and perhaps confusing. I just sincerely would not want anyone else especially right now intending for immediate use with a child to think they are ordering a book which they aren't!

Good Evening to all! I realize for a lot of you it is already almost 8pm. Here it is just going on 5pm. Sweet Dreams sooner to all you East coast friends :)

Last edited:
Blech! I can't imagine drinking that!

This question also reminded me that I used to play “Come On, Get Happy” from the Partridge Family to get DS to cheer up. 🙂
I loved the Partridge Family. I still have one of their albums.

Governor Abbott is releasing some of the restrictions and my mom may get to have visitors after her quarantine.

Dinner tonight was chicken tacos.

@flyingdumbo127 Thank you for the compliment on my pretty stepdaughter, but it's my 12 year old granddaughter, lol. I am way too old to have a stepdaughter that young, lol!

If my DIS family can spare a few prayers..my 10 year old niece's birthday was yesterday, but she didn't spend it in the usual way. On Tuesday she started having leg pains. Her Mom had her rest, and waited, but it got worse. (Her Dad is at National Guard Reserve in Charleston WV this week). So, yesterday afternoon she took her to the Urgent Care. By then she had a fever. They sent her to the ER. After 4 hrs and many tests. They determined she had strep, and that it had settled in her leg and hip. The gave her a shot (big and painful) of penicillin. They sent her home about 11:00. She didn't have a very good night, but seemed a little better this morning. However things got worse during the day. Then last evening a Dr called and said further bloodwork showed infection in her bones. Her Mom had to take her to Morgantown as soon as she could get ready. The Dr. said they will be there at least 3 days. Poor girl cried and cried when her Mom told her. My Sister in Law has their other 2 kids, and their dog. I never heard of strep anything other than strep throat, so this is a new one to me. And this is the girl who is a star soccer player and does everything athletic possible :(

Last edited:

Ahhh Lynn, how sad and scary. What is your niece's first name or initial? Makes it easier for me to pray.

Today's chore, cleaning the wood floor of the screened porch, then tomorrow waterproof it. Had to wait until we were going to have three days in a row without rain.

If my DIS family can spare a few prayers

Oh my goodness! I never knew you could get strep in bones/hips. Now look - you know Morgantown has a top notch rep, modern medicine is amazing and kids are resilient! Hopefully after a rough day or three of it they will get it all under control and she will be back on the soccer pitch. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts for sure.

Oh my goodness! I never knew you could get strep in bones/hips. Now look - you know Morgantown has a top notch rep, modern medicine is amazing and kids are resilient! Hopefully after a rough day or three of it they will get it all under control and she will be back on the soccer pitch. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts for sure.

I know they are the best around,,more than we can say for our local hospital. So we know she's in the right place and will get the right care. Thanks so much!

Update from a few minutes ago---It seems to be a bit of a mystery, the X-rays have showed nothing, we’re waiting on results of a Lyme test and an MRI. Her bloodwork is now not looking super consistent with a blood infection but she’s still spiking high fevers and has excruciating pain when it spikes. Worst issue is not being able to drink..much crying and frustration about that. Praying for answers soon

We need a new basic Toaster Oven. Current toaster only toasts bagels on the edges leaving the middle cold 🥯 Dad does also use the toaster to heat food so we'd need both (toast and oven) Any recommendations? Thank you! :)

I don't have a recommendation for you...we could use a new toaster as well, although I favor a two (wide) slot toaster vs. the oven. Ours seems to toast the top of the bagel and leave the bottom cold! I'll be following along.
I need a new coffee maker, too. Ok - well I don't need one, so much as I'd like one. We have a super basic drip at the moment, Mr. Coffee or something. And it is great for the two of us, however I can not for the life of me master making coffee for one in it. It's to weak or to strong no matter how I try to make just enough for me. I was thinking of one of those dual ones where one side is the good old drip and the other side is a keurig or similar. I've got a french press and am using that for now, it's not so bad...but I should still start shopping coffee makers eventually I guess. It's not usually a big issue, except this time of year when my husband is often gone one or both days during the weekend and some week days.

Good news - just found out my trees have shipping. Fingers crossed the fellas I secured to help plant can do so next weekend.

Continued good thoughts for Madalyn (and her Mother & Father) this afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts