Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Just checking in to say HI! I have not gone back to read old posts.

I wondered if there was any talk of the Key Bridge collapse in Baltimore. I did see that Easyas posted on the thread about it. What a horrific situation. My father was a civil engineer on bridges in the Baltimore area so I was always interested. The company he worked for worked on the Key Bridge but I don't think he did.

We have booked a Disney cruise in August with Sarah and family, and a WDW trip in December with Andrew and family. Next up, we leave Tuesday for Texas to see the eclipse.

The products do last forever,

Watched NCIS last night. Anyone else watch this show? I've watched since the beginning but I just haven't been in to it the last couple of seasons 🥱. Maybe I'm tired of it, maybe it's the actors but I don't really worry about if I miss it or not each week.
I watch but miss the old characters, Gibbs, Abby, Ziva.

I hope everyone who celebrates has a blessed Easter.

We have booked a Disney cruise in August with Sarah and family, and a WDW trip in December with Andrew and family. Next up, we leave Tuesday for Texas to see the eclipse.

Hi there, glad to read about your upcoming adventures and that all is well.:wave:

Rain here, and I'm off for my pedicure/manicure appt. in a while. Off to NC offices early tomorrow morning, then back home Friday.

Dinner is increasingly looking like I'll be picking it up (ah gee, gosh darn it) after my nail appt :rolleyes: so maybe I'll go downstairs and see if the big guy is in his office and see if he has any preferences.

Carol:hug:It is so good to see you. Absolutely wishing you and everyone else a blessed Easter--what a Holy day for me Sunday will be!

I am back to square one being stuck in the situation of either: paying for a different insurance out of pocket so I would have a PPO (as opposed to HMO I have now) or paying out of pocket for a physical therapist to come at least once. The current insurance situation as I have shared before requires a primary care doctor (the one I was assigned is not reachable) to refer me through insurance for P/T. I can change to any doctor I want that's not an issue. The catch still is this would be out of a hat and be an involved process (changeover to new doctor, finding out that they even do virtual visits, if so, hooray, then getting them to put in the referral and waiting for approval). I am absolutely determined to act on my faith and blessing from God of ability to get back to normal of course in general most of all and secondary to be able to go to Disneyland in mid-May. Extra prayers appreciated. Thank you all so much.

Last edited:

Did grocery shopping and errands, and then cleaned out the old shed. Drove the tractor into the new one, then moved the tiller to the side of the old one where I don't have to fight with it to get it out. Put the wheelbarrows in there (bought a new folding one at Aldi's today. They are $75 and 80 on Lowes and Amazon, they were $35 at Aldi's. I bought one for Summer for Easter. We stopped at Lowes so she could get some carpet for their reptile terrarium. I splurged and bought 2 new deck chairs, and then ordered a table the same color off of Wayfair.
It was 25 years ago today that Don and I met online. He messaged me asking for a recipe for pickled eggs. I never had them, don't care to try them, but gave him a recipe. That was the start, and ever since then March 27 has been our 'Pickled Egg Day'. So I treated myself to some new outdoor furniture. I feel like I deserve it, lol.

Have a great evening all

@lynxstch, loved reading about a day that means so much to you!
@PollyannaMom, welcome home!
@flyingdumbo127, so happy to hear of your relief!
DSis came today and gave Gus an excellent long walk this morning. Then she had some pampering, she comes to Cape May for facials and massages, then Tom made the special salmon we three love on the grill. Nancy made her special Mac and Cheese, I made a salad. It was a nice mid day!

Now it’s gloom out, some rain. We will have Easter together, also with Garry. We and DSis will travel apart in April, and we don’t see each other until April 28, that’s a long time apart for us sisters!

Happy Opening Day!!!!:banana:

Baseball starts today so I'll watch the game when I get home ⚾. When I worked downtown, I would always watch the parade during my lunch break. When the kids were little we would pack a lunch and I would head downtown with them to watch the parade. Opening day is a big deal in Cincinnati.

Tried to buy a Minnie Mouse play phone from someone on MarketPlace for Mia. Evan and I just saw this phone at Cracker Barrel a couple of weeks ago and 3 days later I see this one for sale. I tried meeting up with the person twice and they couldn't meet me 1/2 for a pick-up. She messaged me this morning saying she'll be in the area if I still want it. Nope, going to pass on it, you had 2x's to meet me to make this sale.🤔

Last night was Survivor night, okay with who went home. I actually stayed awake to watch The Amazing Race afterwards. I usually record that and watch it on Thursday. That c-pap machine really makes a difference in my sleep.😏

Have a great day! :wave:

Good sunny morning. Another beautiful sunny day.

Not much new here. I couldn't fall asleep last night until almost 3, so I'm tired this morning. Going out to lunch with a friend and picking up my chairs at Lowes. Couldn't fit them in the car yesterday.

Watched Survivor last night. Not unhappy with who went, still don't have a lot of them I would say I want to win. I'm glad that tribe finally won an immunity challenge though. 11 days without food or fire would be really tough.

Have a good day everyone

1711633598262.png

Good Morning dear friends. May all of your⚾teams do well today, Dodgers included. Dad, I'm so thankful (he is, too) passed his written DMV test. I'm waiting to God willing hear something positive back from Dr. S's office and a few other people I reached out to yesterday.

Today is Holy Thursday. Extra peace to all and especially on your journey tomorrow.

Love to all of you always.

Not loving the rain here either! Have been unpacking and doing laundry, got lots of kitty cuddles, and went on a quick grocery run. Things are getting back to post-vaca normal quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts