Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I would go with beach, well I would rather be in the water. And I prefer to be in clear water.

No to the mountains, because the last time I was in the mountains, I was in a car accident and thankfully there was a barrier wall at the pull over.

I have never been to a National Park.

The city: I love D.C. (I have always wanted to go to NYC though)

I love the mountains. We go to North Conway, NH every year in the Fall and it is gorgeous. We went on a tour of the Canadian Rockies last September. It was breathtakingly beautiful. We did a helicopter tour in the Rockies. It was the highlight of the trip. We have been to Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon. My kids have climbed many of the mountains in the White Mountains including Mt. Washington in the summer and mid January. The winter climb was with a professional mountain climber. Mom would have locked them up if they thought they were going to do it by themselves in winter. Thankfully they are very cautious and safety oriented.

Gratitude:
We got to play with 3 of our grandchildren on Saturday. No hugging or kissing but no social distancing. We played tee ball, frisbee, catch, and I pushed my littlest one around in her little car for about a half hour until she was falling asleep. It was the best time. Now we want to see when older DS will do the same and we can play with our other 2 grandkids.

Love, love, love the beach! We are convinced that we are reincarnated ocean creatures (see my avatar for reference). We used to live in Hawaii, so that was pretty great for us. Now we are quite landlocked but I have discovered a love of camping that I didn’t know I had! When I lived in NYC I would make fun of camping, but it turns out it’s really relaxing and fun. Since moving to Colorado we’ve visited some of the big National Parks and always enjoyed our time there. We’re finally getting to Zion in July – renting a house in St. George. Southern Utah / Four Corners area is one of the most breathtaking places in the whole US of A!

We lived in Colorado for about 6 months....loved, loved, loved the area and all it had to offer. It was really great. BUT we missed the water more, and moved back East.

Oh easy, I'll be joining you the moment I can! We joke that as we pack youngest up for college, we'll be packing to move back to the water at the same time. We're used to the east coast, but I'd love to try out San Diego next! And we are pretty serious about living and working abroad once the kids are gone. But I know we'll end up back east eventually.

I hope all of you are having a good Tuesday. I am so Blessed to have such a kind dentist and to have finally gotten my teeth cleaned this morning! I do live in SoCal. I may have been his first patient back so that made the whole thing nicer. His practice is small and I've only ever seen two other people at most there (one lady had driven the other to the dentist). So it is not in normal times a big crowded place. Anyway, I was very early for my appointment because I was not sure what parking on a normally exceptionally busy street would be like (I parked at a meter right in front :)) I called to let them know I was there and was told to come up. I did. I was greeted by the dentist's receptionist (who is also his wife) lovely lady. It was good to see them both. I was asked to check yes or no to about half a dozen Covid-health related questions, to all of which I thankfully was able to answer no to! I let them know that since the mask mandate (I am not able to wear one due to health issues) I have been home for over 2 1/2 months, they appreciated my sharing that. The only other difference to myself and anyone else would be outside of the receptionist and assistant (who I never need service from) wearing masks was that the receptionist took my temperature (scan) I was also asked to rinse with water/peroxide.

For me, a difference was sadly that they are not allowed to use the Cavitron (water based electric way of cleaning teeth) at all. Dentist said that may be forever (or until a vaccine is effectively in place) For me, due to TMJ, using that is much easier on me than hand scaling. But dentist is so kind and gentle that, it was okay. I little TMJ brief discomfort at home but not lasting. The other change is (and this does not affect me since I never request this service anyway) is no more polishing of teeth at the end of a cleaning. Praise God my visit went well, dentist said I am doing great. I was able to schedule my next two month cleaning. Yay.

A couple other Tuesday things I am extra grateful for so far:

Texting with a couple of church friends--Mom and Daughter. The Mom will be 91 in July. Lovely lady who was one of my first friends at church!

Amazon birthday package along with a new small red pot for my Dad.

🙏 and :hug: to all

Happy Tuesday,

It's quiet day here. Humidity and sunshine has rolled in and I stayed inside reading today. My Matt got a great job interview so that's exciting and hope all goes well. I made chicken marsala last night and it was great! I was super excited and happy with the results as first time making it. Matt's been talking about it today lol

Tonight's dinner was fish tacos, apple coleslaw, and berry salad.

I hope everyone is well and having a great day.

Gratitude:
Good book and good cup iced tea
Potential job offer
Beautiful sunshine today and my flowers are looking good.

Question of the day 5/26: If you could be any age for a week what would it be and why?

I know this total random question. I googled interesting ice break questions as I'm running out of ideas. This one caught my eye.
I am going to be 42 this year and really happy with 40 as by now I have gotten comfortable in my own skin, comfortable with others, understand some of the ways world, and understand to an extent how people tick. It also helps that we are at comfortable spot in our marriage and life that we can go on vacations and out to nice dinners without worrying about paying the electric lol.

Any age for a week...interesting question.
There isn't a particular age range I long to revisit, although there is a week when I was 17 I wish I could take back very much!

Easyas123, I would have to agree with you on that one. I would go back to being 16/17 and change a lot of things I did. If I could be another age for a week that I would love to relive just because it was great, I would say 45, as that's when I met my now husband of almost 20 years!

Another nice day today. Did laundry then went out and bought some plants, something I rarely do. Bought some flowers and 4 tomato plants. I am not a gardener. Also went to church and picked up the flowers I had on the altar for virtual worship Sunday. (Virtual worship, real flowers. LOL) Then stopped by the house of a 94 year old member who is in my reading group at church. She was out of books so I took her some of mine. I think we both benefited from the visit.

Dinner was carry out BOGO entree salads from a local restaurant. And I had a $5 reward accrued so dinner, including tip, was $10. Can't beat that.

I am watching Bakeaway Camp on Food Network and Martha Stewart is teaching how to make rhubarb pie. How timely.

Question of the day 5/26: If you could be any age for a week what would it be and why?
So many good years in my life. I think I'll chose the year I was 57. Youngest graduation for college, 2 years after his sister, and then we all 4 went out west for two weeks. So 4 adults together for 2 weeks to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, and California. Both kids out of college. My first trip west. The 4 of us together. A good time in life.

Gratitudes:
Seeing my church friend
Pretending to have a green thumb
Inexpensive dinner out

I know this total random question. I googled interesting ice break questions as I'm running out of ideas. This one caught my eye.
I am going to be 42 this year and really happy with 40 as by now I have gotten comfortable in my own skin, comfortable with others, understand some of the ways world, and understand to an extent how people tick. It also helps that we are at comfortable spot in our marriage and life that we can go on vacations and out to nice dinners without worrying about paying the electric lol.
Good question:).
15 years of age. I made an odd decision that year that I'd be happy changing.

Beautiful day and quite warm. We took an early morning walk over to a water side park where the Harlem and Hudson Rivers meet; I love water viewing. Then off to produce shopping and back home. Sometimes it's the simple things that give true peace.

Dinner was an herb omelette for me and the last of the pork chops for the man. We both had a tortellini and escarole soup to go with it. Made another flan for dessert.

What age would I be for a week is a hard question! It would depend on whether I'd return to who am I now or not! Also, would I be able to make different choices? I am so Blessed so very Blessed to be where I am right now. I know God has turned parts of my life that were not so positive into a joyous right now. I would never want to take away from that or have Him think I was not grateful! That said, as a human :), I wish most of all as a young child, I had been much more insistent on wanting to go to church. I never did have a church family growing up so yes it means all the more now :)

For a specific age.....maybe for a week once this is all over as kittyblue said, it'd be welcoming to have the energy I did in my 20's. I would have also better treasured time with my Grandparents, especially Grandpa who passed when I was not quite 17. He really was my first Witness to Christ in his kindness and how he lived.

I missed a few days, ha. Let's see. I'm a mountains kind of gal, but not as in skiing or other winter fun. :cold: If it's cold, I want a fire and hot chocolate, while watching the snow come down; if it's hot, I want to hike (not tough hikes, more like rough walking) and wildflower meadows and pine trees.

What age would I be? If I could know everything I know now and be 25, that would be good. That was a good year; had my health, my butt fit into a size 6 jean, and my hair was on point. If I had to be there with the knowledge from that year, maybe...35. Another good year, although a size 14, but good hair. LOL

Had fried fish the day before yesterday, with fries and veg. And yesterday was baked bbq spiced chicken and veggies....and for lunch, Tijuana Flats tacos. (DH's idea, ahaha)

Tonight is burgers, mac n cheese or fries (depends on mood) and...you guessed it, more veg. DH will be having Beyond Burger, and DS and I will be enjoying ground beef.

I have to run to the post office yet again, as DH has a package in, and I didn't go up Saturday for it. And I can't seem to get our new HSA cards in; they claimed to have mailed them in April, but they never arrived; and now they claimed to have mailed a new set 2 weeks ago and those haven't shown up either. We had the same problem getting the original cards, where it took DH's HR department stepping in to get them sent after 5 months of having an HSA and not being able to use it. GRRR

I'm so far behind. My 83-year-old FIL is in the hospital right now because he's having issues with his back. I think it was Monday morning that he couldn't get out of bed and my MIL can't lift him. He's still in the hospital, waiting for the results of his covid test, so he can be taken to the rehab facility.

We haven't seen our neighbor in several days now. One evening, DH was sitting outside with Josh when she came over and went through our deck box again. She took our squishy water frisbee back to her yard, even though DH told her no; she said she'd be right back with it. She was - she dipped it in her pool, then came back and threw it at DH, who was looking at his phone at the time. He yelled at her to "go home" and she hasn't been back since. This morning, Josh and I went for a walk early (due to the heat and humidity we're having) and played outside. After a while, the girl's dad and his friend came out after working out together. I noticed them both staring at us. Makes me wonder what she said to her parents.

Anyway... ;)

Question of the day: 5/25: What is your vacation preference? Beach, mountains, national parks or city?

Everyone is dreaming about vacations and get aways including me. I love all kinds of vacations but beach is my least favorite. I don't like sand
or swimming or water in my ears...it's a whole thing. I love everything around WDW but I don't really like the parks. I don't like all the people. I love the cities but I'm good a few days and then over it. I love national parks and the mountains. I love walking (maybe slight incline to call it a hike lol) and sight seeing. Seven years ago was our first trip to the Grand Canyon and I can't wait to go back. I am for sure a mountain and less people vacation. Last year was the best time sitting on the porch at Dolly Parton's DreamMore resort having coffee and cinnamon bread in the morning or smores at night. I use my vacations to unwind and slow down. What about you all?

Hm...I like the *idea* of the beach, but I get bored easily. I like to be there for a few hours, taking photos and collecting seashells, wading through the water's edge, but that's about it. I like museums and monuments and statues, but I don't necessarily like being in the city. I do like amusement parks, but Disney is now in third place for me, behind Legoland and Universal Studios. I guess my preference would be someplace where there are things to do, but not overly popular and/or crowded.

I love my 40s - so far. It suddenly struck me that in turning 46 this year, 50 is right around the corner. I have no problem with 50, I look forward to it - I want my AARP, darn it :) - but geez, when did this happen? How did I get here so fast? I'm still wondering where my 20s went!

I'd like to go back to 16 and enjoy having that body again for a week. I really wasn't fat at all, despite what my classmates and doctors and gym teachers told me every single day. I was a size 9/10, how is that fat???

I'd like to go back to 21 and NOT go out with my ex-husband in the first place.

42 was a fun year. I liked quoting Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that year, that 42 was the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter