Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Yes...Russia. Viking River cruise.
Also cancelled our Feb.Viking Cruise to Egypt.....that one really hurts. It was a bucket list item. We were going to do it the next year, but the prices were $1000 each more!

yeah... my husband noticed that price increase as well:crazy2: We had planned on doing the Russia one in 2021. Egypt would be fabulous.

We've just received a bit of news that brings my husband and I a lot of relief and lifts a great big old burden off of our shoulders.
Really, it's been a bit of a worry for us over the past few months, unrelated to this Covid mess, and something we needed to keep to ourselves.
Not health related, thankfully.
Anyway, I'm just feeling a great deal of relief and needed to share it in a safe place - so thank you everyone for being a sounding board!

Well it's super hot humid and we are under extreme weather warning with likely bow echo winds likely and the weather guy said to have tornado kit handy. I'm so not down for this at all. I'm going to need IL to keep their storms to themselves.

Dinner tonight is quiche with bacon, spinach and baby bella mushrooms with fresh watermelon.

It's been pretty quiet day overall. I'll take it.

For those that have been on the river cruises, I have about thousand questions as we are really interested in doing this in Europe. I think we would really enjoy it. I guess not having a vacation to cancel isn't bad right now. I always have some ideas rolling around in my head and what is feasible when and how whether be big vacations or smaller weekend treats. I'm hoping for small getaway in October for my birthday but just going to wait and see like everything else.

Oh!! If ya'll want a chuckle and of age to appreciate "older" music there is super cute youtube channel called Twinsisnewtrend It's twin teenage (maybe early 20s) who listen to "older" music that they aren't familiar with. It was hilarious watching them listen to Dolly Parton. I was really confused how they had never seen what Whitney Houston looked like in Body Guard and the video clip of them listening to Phil Collins "In Air Tonight" is so funny when the drumming starts. It's really fun but in same thought makes me feel old lol

Gratitude:
Plenty fruits and veggies at the market today
My mom's nursing home is down to 1 case and have lost no residents (Thanks to God for this)
Started back to slowly moving my behind. I joined a walk a mile everyday group and I'm trying to add
more activity besdies that. I certainly have the time right now.

Well it's super hot humid and we are under extreme weather warning with likely bow echo winds likely and the weather guy said to have tornado kit handy. I'm so not down for this at all. I'm going to need IL to keep their storms to themselves.

Dinner tonight is quiche with bacon, spinach and baby bella mushrooms with fresh watermelon.

It's been pretty quiet day overall. I'll take it.

For those that have been on the river cruises, I have about thousand questions as we are really interested in doing this in Europe. I think we would really enjoy it. I guess not having a vacation to cancel isn't bad right now. I always have some ideas rolling around in my head and what is feasible when and how whether be big vacations or smaller weekend treats. I'm hoping for small getaway in October for my birthday but just going to wait and see like everything else.

Oh!! If ya'll want a chuckle and of age to appreciate "older" music there is super cute youtube channel called Twinsisnewtrend It's twin teenage (maybe early 20s) who listen to "older" music that they aren't familiar with. It was hilarious watching them listen to Dolly Parton. I was really confused how they had never seen what Whitney Houston looked like in Body Guard and the video clip of them listening to Phil Collins "In Air Tonight" is so funny when the drumming starts. It's really fun but in same thought makes me feel old lol

Gratitude:
Plenty fruits and veggies at the market today
My mom's nursing home is down to 1 case and have lost no residents (Thanks to God for this)
Started back to slowly moving my behind. I joined a walk a mile everyday group and I'm trying to add
more activity besdies that. I certainly have the time right now.

Been on one 2 week long Viking River cruise. Ask away, I will do my best to answer.
Obviously we enjoyed it, that's why we had 2 more booked.

OMGosh....thanks for sharing this. I saw a post on Facebook this morning but didn't get a chance to watch when I saw it. I love it so much and you're right, it does make you feel old. :laughing: I have it playing right now on my phone....can't stop watching. :)

Musicals - my oldest son was in a middle school production of “The Music Man”. I really enjoyed it and listening to all the music for 3 months while he practiced.
He asked me if I had been in any musicals in school. Yes, “Annie” where I was a maid and did a dance. Then in “ The Sound of Music” I was Frau Schmidt the housekeeper. So, yeah I couldn’t sing .😀. In college, our university had student tickets for $20 to see comedians and broadway shows when they came in town. I saw “ porgy and Bess” and “7 brides for 7 brothers “. I love the show production, old movie on TCM sometimes, and the sitcom in the 80s under the same name. Finally, I am not a fan of the wizard of Oz, but did really enjoy seeing “Wicked” with some friends two years ago.

Hello,

we had a quiet day, and am settling down for bed. We are going into a busy week, with 4 doctor appointments for me, one for my Mom and a dentist appt for DH. To be fair, mine is all for a test on Friday, which requires a shot on Monday, a shot on Tuesday and I have to take a pill on Wednesday. I go on Friday for a full body scan. This is a follow up monitoring for Thyroid cancer, which I had last year. They monitor for a couple years to make sure they got it all and nothing is growing back, we expect good results as all my numbers have been good so far, and if I am lucky the Doctor will lower my meds, and hopefully take me out oF Hyperthyroidism. It would be lovely to not have difficulty getting to sleep, being exhausted in the afternoons and having wacky body temps. All expected complications that I live with. Better then having the cancer grow back!

QOTD - I love musicals. Before children when I was working as well, we had season tickets to the Broadway Series, so saw 5-6 shows a year. Some ofmy favorites are Mama Mia (better on stage then the movie, imho) Les Mis, Wicked and The Animal King. We were suppose to see Hamilton Last week while we were suppose to be in DC, but that all got canceled. We did see it on Disney + and enjoyed it.
I do have a controversial opinion on one musical (Movie) So many people I know think this is such a great movie. I say it is an okay movie, but has one of the best sound tracks ever. The story is just a vehicle for the music, but the music stays with you for a long time, and causes great emotion!
I hope your appointments go well this week Heidi. ❤ And I don't know if I'm missing it or what but what musical movie are you talking about at the end there? :confused3

Ugh, while I had the news off when I was on hold w/ the phone company (it's my habit to have local Baltimore talk radio channel on during the day) there was a major gas explosion and several houses blew up. Rescue efforts are underway. The photos are unreal....hope they can get folks out okay, looks like already confirmed death(s) and folks seriously hurt. I hope they can get folks out and no other loss of life - this is horrible.
So many prayers going out to those in Baltimore. It was even on our local news. How awful.

Busy day today. I got my laundry done today, all 5 loads, and vacuumed the entire downstairs. Had to put the AC on by 10 a.m. So very grateful that we got that power back! Thankfully today was garbage day, too, so our unusually-full bin has been addressed. For tomorrow I've got a buttload of ironing to do, and then I want to make squash fritters with all the squash from my SIL that survived the outage (and it was a LOT). Fielded texts from my other SIL about gifts for Josh's birthday, then discussed my BIL's (her husband, DH's brother) 50th birthday, which is on Thursday. She is thinking about having a family-only surprise party at a brewery sometime in October or November.

Made another quiche for dinner, this time mushroom, onion, tomato, spinach, and Canadian bacon. Thinking about baked ziti tomorrow night.

I need to find time to check out that YouTube channel... ;)

Tornadoes are scary things! Keep safe!

It's on the warm side today, middle 90's but feels close to 100. Temps are not cooling off much, staying in the lower 80's overnight. Yep, it's August!

Dinner was homemade Sloppy Joe's, roasted new potatoes and corn.

Musicals - my oldest son was in a middle school production of “The Music Man”. I really enjoyed it and listening to all the music for 3 months while he practiced.
He asked me if I had been in any musicals in school. Yes, “Annie” where I was a maid and did a dance. Then in “ The Sound of Music” I was Frau Schmidt the housekeeper. So, yeah I couldn’t sing .😀. In college, our university had student tickets for $20 to see comedians and broadway shows when they came in town. I saw “ porgy and Bess” and “7 brides for 7 brothers “. I love the show production, old movie on TCM sometimes, and the sitcom in the 80s under the same name. Finally, I am not a fan of the wizard of Oz, but did really enjoy seeing “Wicked” with some friends two years ago.
I liked the Wizard of Oz so much I finally got my own Toto after always wanting one! :laughing:

835FA341-FF27-4379-88FA-AC9F6397C3D3.jpeg

I am not a fan of The Wizard of Oz either. The flying monikers scared me.

Beautiful weather yesterday and today. Nice ocean temperature but no one going in because of the abundance of jelly fish. DH and I did a 7 mile bike ride this morning after seeing the sun rise over the ocean. We were going to get carry out from a favorite restaurant for dinner but they were iffy about whether they’d be too busy with people dining in to do carry out, so we got pizzas instead.

This is DH, DGD, and me cooling off in her pool and avoiding jellyfish.

Gratitudes
Being together with family
Hearing from my brother that his daughter got engaged yesterday
Knowing no one was seriously hurt in the White House shooting today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter