Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

So I need to confess, I bought painT, a gray blue color to re-do our dining room. DH doesnt know... i am sick of looking at these peachy/terracota walls.. These walls are 15 years old. so isnt that time for a change? DH keeps saying the walls are in great shape which I agree. but I want change.. and find the color so 2000s... I will post some pictures in a sec.. need opinions.

Last edited:
The original is like stucco/ wiped look. The colors are off here as it’s night and with the flash. To compare other shot is daytime. Furniture has a cherry red undertone. Hard to find a color. The gray looks here off with the flash. It’s more gray don’t so bright

Attachments

• DC5CF297-62A5-44C1-B185-1CBA61D82960.jpeg
    DC5CF297-62A5-44C1-B185-1CBA61D82960.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 39
  • 86CB5950-5C8C-46C8-BAFB-4EC3D66A88A5.jpeg
    86CB5950-5C8C-46C8-BAFB-4EC3D66A88A5.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 1B29D936-D776-4EFB-9CEE-6964F545A689.jpeg
    1B29D936-D776-4EFB-9CEE-6964F545A689.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 41
I'm in. I have been binge watching The Comeback with Lisa Kudrow. OMG it was so good. I am looking for something else to watch. If anyone needs a laugh, do yourself a favor and watch Schitts Creek. SO funny.

Dinner tonight is teriyaki chicken thighs with rice and carrots. Day one of quarantine with no school was okay. I miss my old life though. LOL.

The original is like stucco/ wiped look. The colors are off here as it’s night and with the flash. To compare other shot is daytime. Furniture has a cherry red undertone. Hard to find a color. The gray looks here off with the flash. It’s more gray don’t so bright

I much prefer the blueish gray than the current terracotta color, but I really like that tone of blue, it was actually one of my wedding colors years ago, so I might be biased.

My personal positives- with the kids out of school I don’t have to wake up extra early to do 2 separate drop offs, and then 2 separate pickups. Its saving me at least an hour 15 minutes a day roundtrip (his school is only 15 minutes away but it adds up).

AND my husband and I agree we will throw ourselves in to potty training the 2.5 year old (she has not yet agreed but I panic bought M&Ms so we‘ll persuade her). #QuarentineGoals

Hi All! I'm so glad to see people posting! Today or likely more times coming are so stressful.

I'm not prone to anxiety and ready to puke, cry or eat my way through the day. I've been face timing with my mom who is in a nursing home in AR. She is doing really well and I can't help but be scared every time I hang up with her. My MIL is a hot mess but we are trying to give her support as she keeps her head in the sand.

Dinner was not quiche but ended up chicken tender wraps with roasted brussel sprouts and apples and big ole ice cream sundaes. I had gave up sugar/dessert as I was doing my surgery in JAN and through Lent but I'm thinking the word pandemic deserves sugar.

For those that are homeschooling I don't envy you all but have seen ton of resources coming up now including virtual tours of lots museums. My husband is full time college student and now home full time doing his classes and I'm really, really glad we have a very large house so we can go to separate areas. REALLY GLAD. I left my job before my surgery in JAN and got a call today wanting to know if I could support from home. I'm trying to figure out how that would look like without me going on call for crisis calls again.

I was thinking about posting a question or something to keep sharing going as we keep on with this. What do you all think? I'll go ahead and post a question and feel free to answer or skip and just say hi or read along.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Question for 3/16-17: What is your comfort food? Is something you developed or something from your childhood. If you have recipe please share! We can all use some comfort and maybe variety for us!

I have multi colors blue through my house from dark blue gray to very blue dining room. I have a blue gray almost denim color with white furniture against it and it really helps lighten up the darkness. I painted it in a very big bedroom too and it looks completely different but I still like it. If you'd like pictures let me know and I'm happy to share. I have decision difficulty and likely to paint swatches all over looking like Punky Brewster instead of some sophisticated magazine home.

Question for 3/16-17: What is your comfort food? Is something you developed or something from your childhood. If you have recipe please share! We can all use some comfort and maybe variety for us!

Salt is my comfort, alway has been. Chips specifically. I have been plowing through Pringles. I was at Target today and they had a limit on Pringles. One can per customer. I guess I'm not alone.......................

To answer my own question: it is for sure sugar! I am a dessert person. I gave in baked a cake yesterday. My first real dessert in months but only a sliver of it until the ice cream tonight. Then I felt gross so I guess the less sugar is working.

My husband is BIG salt person..so much chips or peanut butter or cheese. I told him he has to limit because I'm not mud wrestling for more peanut butter for him. There's limit to my love :crutches:

Chocolate!! Always have been a chocoholic. It is one thing I can't give up. I always have at least chocolate chips that I can get to.

You rock, Tina!! Great thread. Hope things are going well for you and Matt.

Well, my name and screen name are the same. What can I say? My driver's license was next to the keyboard when I started here.

Came on board, actually 21 years ago this month. Found this site back in March of '99, looking for information on WDW to celebrate my wife, Marie's, remission from stage III breast cancer. Marie, my 21 year old son, Vince, 19 year old daughter (turned 19 on our trip) and I went there in early December of '99. Then did a moderator stint back then here on the community board for 2 years.

Over the years, I've met many folks from here in person. I do miss many who are no longer here on the boards for one reason or another. Made quite a number of lifetime, real-life friends here. Many dis meets along the way, both here in Chicago, as well other cities when I was traveling more for business. One great 'Riddle-Con' meet in Ohio, back in 2003 if I recall.

My then 21 year old is now 42 and a captain on a suburban fire department. He and Katlyn have 3 of our grandkids, Keegan, Griffin and Delaney. My then 19 year old is now 39 and has 2 of our grandkids, Jeremy and Christopher. Every time I do one of these kind of posts, I say that I have to redo the picture of the kids in my signature, :faint:

We'll all get through these times ahead, and be better for it.

As for my comfort food, Tina, I can do breakfast food any time of the day, any day of the week. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, hot cereal, cold cereal, doughnuts, sweet roles, bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, I am sure I have missed some. Basically, carbs, except for the bacon and sausage.

As for a current picture of the grandkids, from Christmas last year.

Hmm
Mama's pumpkin pies or spaghetti sauce?
Lemonade cookies or soft sugar cookies or pb cookies?

Let's go...
Lemonade cookies: (from Taste of Home)

Cream 1 c. butter (not shortening) + 1 c. sugar. Add in 2 eggs. Mix together 3 c. flour and 1 tsp baking soda. Add dry ingredients alternately with 1/3 c. lemonade concentrate (thawed, do not make, leave concentrate). Drop by tspfuls onto sheets. Bake 400 8 minutes (soft but lightly browned on bottoms). Cook on racks slightly (maybe 2 minutes); transfer to racks. Brush with more concentrate and sprinkle with sugar. (Put some wax paper or something under the racks to prevent a drip mess, lol)

ETA: I've made this with frozen limeade, orangeaid and lemonaid. they all work here!

Last edited:

Hello, all! I’m a technical writer, wife, and momma to one easy going 10-yea-old boy, and I’m a carbaholic. Spaghetti is my comfort food of choice when cooking at home. I also love tomatoes.

Once I was out of tomato soup, but I had tomato sauce, so I warmed up some chicken stock with basil and garlic, added some of the sauce, cooked it a bit, and added some salt, pepper, sugar, and more basil to taste. It ended up being the best tomato soup I’ve ever had. I’ll have to try it again soon.

Anything warm and meaty! A nice slow cooked pot roast with mashed potatoes can be heavenly comfort! Just set it in a pot with some red wine, cook it alllll day nice and low until it falls apart.

Thank you for this thread!!!! I've been getting pretty lonely lately and like reading through everyone's posts. All the news gives me anxiety plus we are in the middle of relocating. In my immediate family of 5, we are in 4 different states at the moment.

I joined during our first trip in 2004, now the kids are in college or married. Both girls are still huge Disney fans. No current trips in the works but we will be driving distance in the new state.

I'm impressed with all the recipes. It makes me want to go buy more supplies to make all the great sounding recipes, and I don't even like to cook. Baking and sugar are my comfort and I'll be making cookies for my son.

His college went online so he flies home tomorrow. I'm excited to have him with me but sad he is missing that life. We are pretty close so I plan on ome long conversations, he is struggling with everything going on.

Oh, fun thread!!! Oh gosh, I have been on the Dis since 2001. Had our Honeymoon at the Poly back in 1979 when rooms were only $65.00 per night (I still have the receipt)! I have to say I am not anxious about this virus but am taking precautions. I LOVE going to the movies but kept myself from going for the last two weeks as I realized it could be a viral nightmare. v I am sick of the constant reporting of it on the news. This is a nice distraction!

Comfort foods....chicken pot pie, chili, sausage and peppers….and chocolate of course!!! I love to bake but have doing too much of it! I keep eating desserts that is not good LOL. Last night's dinner was homemade Shepherd's Pie...tomorrow will be corned beef and cabbage.

The other day I was looking through some old recipes and found one that I remember my mom making when we were kids. I just made the cake and it brought back memories from long ago!! I called to tell her and she told me she got that recipe from her High School Economics Class back in the 1940's!! It makes it even more special to me. It's called Starlight Cake and very easy to make. I made a simple glaze to pour over it but you could just use powdered sugar if you wanted too.

Starlight Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add shortening and milk. Beat two minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat for two more minutes.
Pour into pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

I do love cruising DCL and bummed that it may be several months before they are back in operation but totally understand the need to ground them and the closures at all the Disney Parks. Glad we were able to cruise on the Fantasy February 1-8.

Our DD and granddaughter who live on the West Coast were supposed to come East in April but that is looking dim now. Our other two kids and their families are local and we see them and our grandkids often.

Been reading a lot of books and binge watching a lot of Netflix!!!

Stay safe everyone in these crazy times.

MJ

Honestly any food is comfort for me. I'm definitely an emotional eater. I like snacking so cheese and crackers, chips and dip/salsa...etc. I'm trying not to each too much as I don't want to have to deal with the grocery store anytime soon. Hey, maybe this will be a good diet time for me. :rotfl:

ETA....Tacos are my most favorite food ever though so don't know why I didnt say that. LoL I would eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, dessert.. lol I would literally eat tacos everyday if I could.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter