Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

To be honest, I am pretty happy with my current age although I would maybe go back a few years because 2 of my friends who have passed would still be here so probably 60. The kids are married and there are the grandkids to spoil. I have become a stronger, more independent person and more of an extroverted introvert as opposed to the shy, quiet, meek person I was when I was younger. I am in pretty good shape for my age due to losing weight and exercise and travel alot. My best years are now and hopefully ahead of me.

Happy Wednesday to all,

I hope everyone is doing well as can be. This such a weird time for us all. I'm completely over all the disagreeing going on.
I'm worried about my mom in the nursing home in Arkansas. I see that AR is becoming "hot spot" again and it worries me. I know that the staff is doing the best they can to keep her safe and I have to believe it and just keep her in my prayers.

Today has been quiet. I went to pick up fruits and veggies and did some yoga. Just quiet lately, which is fine. I'm in no hurry to go out into the world even though things are opening up. I don't jump into a swimming pool either. I tend to just wait until I'm ready and this is no different. I'd like to go summer sandal shopping and I think I'll give in soon and I need to get my hair cut and I'd love a pedicure but I'm going to ease back into all of this.

Dinner tonight was gyro salads with some waffle fries on the side with homemade tzatziki sauce. and toasted pita. Super yummy

Gratitude:
Easy shop for fruits and veggies and the fear isn't as bad as used ot be
Beautiful sunny day
Good care for my mom

Peace and good health to all :)

Question of the day: 5/27: If you could be an expert in something, what would it be?

I don't know if I'm expert in anything and I don't know if I want to be expert in anything but I guess if I had to pick something,
I'd pick repairing automobiles. It drives me crazy when I don't know what's going on with my car and have to rely on others being
honest and forthright and not just trying to cash cow me.

I have always wanted to be able to play the piano.
I can't, don't even know anyone w/one! And- history, always loved it, still do. Kinda wish I had followed my love of it in college to be a history major, study it more. Instead, I went into the family business, which has been good to me. But I still day dream about being a historical dig somewhere.

Question of the day: 5/27: If you could be an expert in something, what would it be?

I don't know if I'm expert in anything and I don't know if I want to be expert in anything but I guess if I had to pick something,
I'd pick repairing automobiles. It drives me crazy when I don't know what's going on with my car and have to rely on others being
honest and forthright and not just trying to cash cow me.
Weeee-eeellll...I have been obsessed with ancient Egypt since sixth grade. Our history class covered the dawn of humanity, from the Olduvai Gorge in Africa, through the middle ages. Prehistoric man, Egypt, Greece, Rome, etc. I enjoyed all of it, but I really took to Egypt, for some reason. I have been studying it on my own ever since. I have actually been referred to as an Egyptologist, even though I have no formal training in the subject. But I certainly could teach a class on it. I remember going on an eHarmony date (pre-DH) with a guy who said he was a high school history teacher. It ended up with me teaching him a great deal about ancient Egypt! A few years later, I went back to the community college in an attempt to get my basic history classes "on paper," hoping to secure a history degree in order to teach (I already have 2 bachelor's degrees, but no formal education in history). I was only able to take one semester of Western Civ, as I lost my job and couldn't afford to continue. My professor in that class, however, had us do 3 major papers/presentations over the semester, and after seeing what I already knew about Egypt - I was the only one who raised my hand during discussions about that subject, and I apparently offered too much in-depth information - he asked me to please choose another subject for my research papers. Because you can't do a "research paper" if you already have knowledge of the subject and don't need to research it.

I'd like to have more expertise in interior decorating. Always loved it. My mother apparently thinks I'm good at it, but I'm never satisfied with what things look like in the end. We remodeled our kitchen 6 years ago, and while it looked good in my head, I now look at the actual room and think, "It's all orange..."

Prayers for your FIL, apirateslifeforme and for your Mom, Tina, too. this indeed is such a strange time.

I shared yesterday how thankful I was to have gotten to see my dentist (regular cleaning). I was! I am sharing this as an FYI to all how important it is right now especially to know before an appointment how the visit will be different. I was not told a thing. To be fair, when the dental assistant called me (third reschedule) I jumped at it and did not ask either. I absolutely take full responsibility for that! For me, due to TMJ, regular hand scaling cleanings do not work. My dentist is one of the kindest people I am Blessed to know and so careful and gentle, too. When he told me (at my appointment) that the ultra sonic (Cavitron) could not be used (this was something else I had no clue of ahead of time :()due to the pandemic (too much flying water) I replied had I known I would not have come in. He knows that I have special dental needs and rely on that. I may have already shared the good news that he said what a great job I was doing and that tartar was very minimal on a couple back teeth only. I wish I had only had him clean those teeth. Longer already (I'm sorry) story shorter, is I agreed to the full cleaning by hand. No pain or discomfort at all during. Later last night was a different story :( Not fun at all.

I will be calling his office tomorrow to let them know this and to request to be told before my next appointment whether the ultra sonic can be used (he himself said dental regulations like anything else right now are changing daily) or if an exception can be made for me. If no, then I will come in and simply have him very quickly clean any minimal tartar only. Learned that the hard way. I pray to save someone else from distress by sharing this and reminder again to not be afraid or shy about advocating for yourself at the doctor or dentist. Praise God, I am feeling much better now. So grateful.

I am also grateful this Wednesday (I almost typed Thursday lol) for:

A real sweet text from a friend
Being able to use some extra birthday money on postage to send out extra mail of cheer
A package from Christian Book of books and stickers :)

Not sure what I'd want to be an expert in....I'd love to be more versed in the Holy Bible.....when I was much younger and in school languages came easily to me and I knew some Spanish (long since forgotten)! That would be handy at times here in SoCal.

Last edited:
I am always happy on a day I see my kids. DS has his days off Tuesday/Wednesday and DH needed help in his office so I promised him carry out lunch and he drove the 1.5 hours up to help. Then late afternoon DH and I stopped at Kohl's to pick up some newborn rompers I ordered and took them and the flowers from church to DD's house. Saw her, SIL, and both grandkids. So, the only one I missed today was DIL. A good day.

Dinner was a new recipe I found in the Relish insert of the local paper. Spanish rice, diced tomatoes, and fish (Mahi Mahi). So easy and very good.

Math/engineering. I always liked math in school and took advanced courses as electives in college. I should have been a math teacher rather than what I did. My dad was a civil engineer and I think I would have liked that too.

Gratitudes:
Seeing the kids
New dinner recipe
Delaware and Maryland are starting to relax regulations

Last night our young granddaughter (who lives in another state) wanted to video chat. The big news? Their cat had eaten a moth that had been flying around the house. She was quite impressed with this act of cat heroism. 🐱

QOTD- I'd love to be an expert bread baker.

Thankful for:
The folks that look after my hub's health.
The joy of grandkids
Chats with friends

Well, that's a tough one. I think...I would like to be a...you know, I have been thinking about it for a couple of hours now, and I'm just not sure. I can do lots of things so-so, I can do a few things quite well, not expert in anything. I'm just not sure what I would want to be an expert in.

I made a bag of Bear Creek chili mix tonight. I added a lb of ground beef, the tomato paste, some guajillo chile powder, smoked chipotle powder, a can of fire roasted tomatoes and a can of black beans. Served it with Club crackers (what was in the cupboard).

Weeee-eeellll...I have been obsessed with ancient Egypt since sixth grade. Our history class covered the dawn of humanity, from the Olduvai Gorge in Africa, through the middle ages. Prehistoric man, Egypt, Greece, Rome, etc. I enjoyed all of it, but I really took to Egypt, for some reason. I have been studying it on my own ever since. I have actually been referred to as an Egyptologist, even though I have no formal training in the subject. But I certainly could teach a class on it. I remember going on an eHarmony date (pre-DH) with a guy who said he was a high school history teacher. It ended up with me teaching him a great deal about ancient Egypt! A few years later, I went back to the community college in an attempt to get my basic history classes "on paper," hoping to secure a history degree in order to teach (I already have 2 bachelor's degrees, but no formal education in history). I was only able to take one semester of Western Civ, as I lost my job and couldn't afford to continue. My professor in that class, however, had us do 3 major papers/presentations over the semester, and after seeing what I already knew about Egypt - I was the only one who raised my hand during discussions about that subject, and I apparently offered too much in-depth information - he asked me to please choose another subject for my research papers. Because you can't do a "research paper" if you already have knowledge of the subject and don't need to research it.

I'd like to have more expertise in interior decorating. Always loved it. My mother apparently thinks I'm good at it, but I'm never satisfied with what things look like in the end. We remodeled our kitchen 6 years ago, and while it looked good in my head, I now look at the actual room and think, "It's all orange..."
Now I know who to come to if I have any questions about Egypt! You must get them all on Jeopardy! :laughing: DD mentioned the other night that our hamsters hail from Egypt. Idk how true it is because I think they are called Syrian hamsters. But that's about all I know. That and that there are pyramids and mummies there, lol.

It would be fun to go back and relive the week starting June 10 1966 ( it was a Friday) when I met my husband. It was my sorority's Beach Week when school let out. Our 52nd wedding anniversary is next week, and we celebrate both days.

I enjoyed teaching math, and if I could have been an expert in explaining to each student in a way they would understand that would have been amazing.

I am especially grateful for the students and experiences I have had during the 45 years that I was teaching. I taught subjects from sixth grade math to college sophomore Statistics.

Last edited:

Oooh, so many choices!! I kept reading other people's responses and saying to myself: "Yeah, that!" :rotfl:

I'm curious by nature, and often learn information-type things on a whim, but I think I'd really like to be more of an expert on people! I feel like that's a talent I can't get out out of a book, and would love to have.

I enjoyed teaching math, and if I could have been an expert in explaining to each student in a way they would understand that would have been amazing.
I am envious. I was always good in math and enjoyed it but decided to be a physical therapist. In college, when I was on the fence between PT and high school math teacher, I took an aptitude test. He confirmed PT because I was better one on one than in a group. I wish I'd gone the other way. health care really changed over the years. I could have retired years sooner, and with a pension, had I been a teacher. On well, no regrets.

An early gratitude so I don't forget. I am grateful for Nair Wax Ready Strips. After 3 months not going to the salon for a wax, facial hair be gone.

My sleep pattern is being disturbed and it's making me a bit miserable. The workmen are back and it's like living in the middle of a construction site. They are doing facade maintenance so different types of electric tools are in use constantly during the hours of 8 to 4. According to the updated work schedule they'll be on my side of the building through July and I'm thinking what with the shutdown scaling down here I need to find a long-term summer rental which should be "fun" since others are having similar thoughts.

Oh well enough of that. Did nothing of use yesterday; couldn't wrap my mind around cooking so let the man choose a frozen entree out of freezer. He opted for spinach and ricotta stuffed shells so I added some cooked Italian sausage to marina sauce and stuck it all in the toaster oven. Made him a green salad and 1/2 hr later he ate. I wasn't hungry so just drank a couple of liters of club soda.

What would I like to be an expert at? Hard question; let me think on it a bit and get back to you:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!