Question about 50s Prime Time Cafe

aring75

DIS Veteran
DH and I have never eaten at this restaurant. We have a lunch scheduled here for one day of our trip, but we could do something else. Can anyone tell me if we would be missing out on anything if we DON'T eat here? :confused:

My DW and I love 50's PTC. First, it's great comfort food with generous portions. I love the meatloaf (just like Mom's :p ) and the setting is lots of fun (50's style kitchen tables and dinner-ware). The servers can vary in their style and intensity -- some do a good job of playing the role of "uncle", "aunt" or "cousin" and lay on the "charm" of keeping your elbows off the table, cleaning your plate, etc.

If you are from the Baby Boomers generation, it's a great place to remember what it was like.

Save room for the desserts, though. S'mores that are absolutely terrific; sundaes that will knock your socks off and more.

Would you be missing much? YES! But that's just my opinion. We NEVER miss 50's PTC on any Disney visit and often go there more than once during a visit.

We loved this place! Can't wait to go back for a PB& J shake!:Pinkbounc

Okay. Sounds pretty good. We'll try it this trip. Who knows? It may become a must-do. I'll let you know! ;)

I never thought I would be missing out if I didn't eat there, but then my husband had a craving for meatloaf, so we made the PS and ate there last trip. Since then I have been counting the days until we can return--- only 13!!! I LOVED the pot roast, mashed potatos, green beans and especially the S'MORES! We thought the atmosphere and the wait staff were alot of fun... and the food was delicious, if a bit pricey...but definitely worth it. Keep your PS, you won't be sorry!

We are definitely planning on eating there but are unsure of which to do, lunch or dinner. A late lunch may be a good time to take a break from the park crowds, but I was also thinking an early dinner would be nice before Fantasmic. Can anybody give a recommendation?

Either one would be great. It would depend on how hungry your group/family would get if they did a late lunch. But then again, when my DW and I eat at 50's PTC, we usually skip one meal (lunch or dinner) that day. The portions are very generous and if you add on dessert -- well, you'd better hope your belt can be let out a couple of notches to accommodate the full stomach. (Remember, 50's PTC really pushes the Clean Plate Club!)

One drawback to an early dinner -- being really full might make the walk to Fantasmic a little tougher. And full tummies may mean sleepy eyes before the show starts. If your children are young, you might want to opt for the late lunch. Then you could grab some snacks if they get hungry, but after 50's PTC I don't think they will be.

Hubby and I didn't get to eat there this trip, but we loved the decor and plan to eat there in 2004. We also liked the decor of the Sci-Fri restaurant and plan on doing lunch there. Disney has such well themed and fun places to eat. Let me know how your meal goes, enjoy.

The Prime Time's food is very good--large portions and just like 'momma used to make.
Over the years, the food at the SciFi has gotten a bit disappointing. This summer our main courses were just warm--indicating they'd been sitting somewhere for awhile and just as we were paying our bill, the soda machine went out so the only beverages for those coming in were other than soda pop--I'll be asking at the hostess stand if everything is up and running if we go next trip.
I also think it's time to change the movie loop you see while dining. We've been going for several years and the same loop has been showing the entire time.
It's a great first-timers place, but for repeats-- there are better on park.

:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I'd put it this way in terms of our experience (me and wife....3 small kids)...very glad we tried it (great atmosphere, more for the adults than kids...we relived our youth!)...but we probably wouldn't go back again...at least not before trying others restaurants anyway....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter