Question about AAP

Tege

Mouseketeer
Ok, I have a question about how the AAP works. I'm good for about 45mins - 1 hour but I can't go more than 1 hour without the restroom. This trip will just be DD and I, (no hubby) so I won't have the option to jump out of line and then meet back up in line with her (she's too young for that).We are staying on site and will have Express Pass Unlimited so we will be able to do EP on all rides that have it. But I have seen times when the EP wait is over an hour for certain attractions. If that is so with an AAP will they give you a return time and when you come back there is a separate line they will put you in? Thanks!

I have used the aap before

I stay at one of the premier hotels and the ep works better for me

The aap is issued at guest services
Depending of your needs, will determine if the aap will be useful for you

You are given a card which you need to show the TM at the entrance of the express line

If the present line wait for it is 29 minutes or less, you are allowed into that line

If the present ep line is 30 minutes or more, you are given a return time frame

When you return to the ride line, show your card and you will be sent to the ep line

If the present wait time for that ride is 20 minutes, you wait in line that time period
If the ep line wait is 60 minutes, you wait 60 minutes

Only GTKW are allowed direct access to ride lines

If you are new for Universal, it does get confusing!
And can be overwhelming for a first time visitor.

And reading everything on the UO site can take a long time to find specific answers at times

Using the ep lines cuts down on a lot of wait time in the regular lines

The premier hotels have the perk for the ep for all their registered guests

You will see two lines for rides/shows that direct you to express lines or regular lines in the parks
Show your hotel key cards to use the express lines

EP lines are starting to do recognitions for those using it
There is no limit on how many times you can do the ride, just go back to the ep entrance line if you want to repeat the ride and do it again

Look at the park maps on the UO website
Get an idea where rides, shows, restrooms, first aide, etc are located

Look through a few of the trip reports
Lebeau has some detailed in his reports with his young children which might help you
He talked about how his plans changed when youngest daughter would not do a ride

Don’t know how old your child is so not sure if you need info about ride intensity prior to going to the parks

Feel free to ask us questions anytime

We've been before and we always stay at one of the Premier hotels so always have EP. This is just the first trip since my condition changed that we are going with out hubby. Not looking for any kind of skip the line stuff, I just wasn't sure how the AAP worked if the EP pass lines were extra long. So if the lines are 60 mins plus I will just have to let DD know we will have to skip those attractions. Still plenty to do that won't have huge waits. Thanks again :)

We've been before and we always stay at one of the Premier hotels so always have EP. This is just the first trip since my condition changed that we are going with out hubby. Not looking for any kind of skip the line stuff, I just wasn't sure how the AAP worked if the EP pass lines were extra long. So if the lines are 60 mins plus I will just have to let DD know we will have to skip those attractions. Still plenty to do that won't have huge waits. Thanks again :)

Just as an FYI, it's extremely rare for EP lines to be anywhere near 60 minutes. In all of my visits over the years I don't think I've waited more than 15-20 minutes in any EP line. That's not to say they're never longer than that, but it's definitely not the norm and wouldn't be something I would worry about!

If you plan on riding Hagrid, there's no express, so it may be a good idea to have the AAP for that if you need it. Just be aware that where the lines merge, you're still looking at a 20-30 minute wait assuming the ride stays running the whole time. I've confirmed with TMs that if the ride goes down when you're in line and you can't wait, they'll re-write your return time so you don't have to stay in the queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter