*Question About Accessible Rooms at Caribbean Beach

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
We are taking my 80-year-old in-laws to the World in October for their first-ever trip. Both will be in scooters, which we are renting from an outside agency.

We have requested an accessible room at the Caribbean Beach. I notice from their website that they have few accessible rooms, and NO elevators. When we booked, they were out of standard rooms, so we had to pay extra for a King room.

My questions are:
1 - Does anyone have any experience with the Caribbean Beach? How likely is it that my in-laws will be assigned an accessible room?
2 - Are the accessible rooms spread-out throughout the resort? Caribbean Beach is really large, and I am worried they will get placed in an accessible room really far from the food court.

If anyone has any suggestions about how best to make room requests for my in-laws, I would appreciate any help!

A fully wheelchair accessible room is one with a roll in shower. The number of fully accessible rooms might seem small, but there are enought that there are often more than specifically rewuested and then they are assigned to people without disabilities.
Do they need that level of accessibility or do they just need first floor?
You can call WDW Resort Special Reservations: 407-939-7807 (TTY: 407-939-7670)
They can help you figure out what sort of room would best meet their needs. If they actually need a room with a roll in shower, that can be guaranteed. Otherwise, you should request first floor for "Medical Reasons". Those requests are filled before the general requests for the same thing.

CBR is a very nice resort. Yes, big, but with accessible paths all over. If your inlaws have ecvs, that will help a lot if they are not real close to the food court (Old Port Royale). IN order to get the 2 closest islands (Martinique and Trinidad North), you do have to pay extra for the preferred site.
I don't know if the site you were looking at was the official Disney CBR website , but it's got a lot of info.

My biggest concern for them is at the food court ( Old Port Royale). Unless things have changed in the past year, there was NO accessible door to enter meaning no w/c pushplate. It would be difficult at best for someone to enter independently with an ecv. Although you may be with them it will hinder their feeling of independence. For w/c accessibility in a moderate resort, I personally prefer Coronado Springs which was built more recently. Their accessible rooms are wonderful and although spread out, at least the main building can be entered independently by someone in a chair/ecv. It's also easy to maneuver in the food court ( Pepper Mill) although the food court offerings are a little different than at the other resorts. Kathy

If you get an accesable room at CBR ALL of them are on the first floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter