Question about annual passes

bearbear

DIS Veteran
Can you purchase an annual pass at the disney store and get the DVC discount? I know they aren't activated until you get to the park and activate them. We are going in December and I thought I would but one every other month (I need 4) so it wouldn't be such a big expense at once. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

You cannot purchase AP's at the DIsney Store anymore. You can buy them via the DVC members website--you'll get the voucher in the mail. Again you can buy one at a time so you can spread the cost out over time. I know it adds up even with the discount, we have 4 adult PAP's to purchase so I buy one each quarter and we are good to go when the time comes.

No, you cannot get the discount through the Disney Store. Yu can prepurchase by either calling Member Services or online through the DVC Member website. Or you can budget/save your money now and purchase all at once in person when you arrive at WDW.

We just did this. Bought one a month through the website. It takes about 1 week to get them in the mail. Worked like a charm and I will do it everytime we need them.

There is also a "will-call" option if you want to avoid the $3 mailing charge for the voucher. You can have one sent home if you need the voucher # to purchase the DDE, and use your will-call receipt for any others. For both will-call and the voucher you need to visit Guest Relations at a park or DTD.

Thank you for all the advice. We are going to purchase the first one next week. :cheer2:

When you purchase your pass on DVC site it gets charged to your credit card right away. I opted for the voucher which you print out and take to guest relations at the park when you get there. This is considered the first day when you activate the AP. You will need drivers license and your DVC Member card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter