Question about attending CP Presentation

KingKobra

<font color=blue>The TF is glad Rob is laying off
Just a question for all of you that have done this before...can I attent a CP presentation without any obligation? I eventually want to do the college program my junior year, but I would just like to sit in on an upcoming presentation to see what it's all about. So how would this work? Can i just sneak in and watch the presentation and then leave?? Thanks for the help.

Yup, I actually did the same thing last year. I was considering doing the program and just wanted to hear what they had to say. I'd go for it. :)

Thats the Idea I had the first semester when I was in college. I figured I would go to the presentation, and sign up for an interview just for a feel of how it goes so when I really want to do it, I will have a heads up on everyone else.... I figured they would not take a freshmen....... But I got accepted into the program and couldn't make myself turn it down so I went :P

But yes, you can go and sit through the presentaiton, and if you want you can get interviewed.... If you get accepted you can turn it down (and it will have no effect on future applications as long as you let them know after the offer that you do not want to go)

wdwgirl03 said:
Yup, I actually did the same thing last year. I was considering doing the program and just wanted to hear what they had to say. I'd go for it. :)

wdwgirl03 - We'll be at Marquette 4-13-05 at 5pm. Are you still looking at doing the program?

Do you have to bring anything to the presentations? Like an application, even if you aren't interested in going right away? I would love to talk with them, but don't want to commit right now! Thanks! Also, if they aren't coming to your school, you are allowed to go to a presentation at a school nearby correct?

Rustyflwr3 said:
Do you have to bring anything to the presentations? Like an application, even if you aren't interested in going right away? I would love to talk with them, but don't want to commit right now! Thanks! Also, if they aren't coming to your school, you are allowed to go to a presentation at a school nearby correct?

Correct. You can even go to another school's presentation if you miss yours, or have a class during that time.

Apply online, there is absolutely no commitment to apply online. Print the sheet out when the online application tells you to and bring it with you.

There isn't any commitment until after your interview. If you are offered a position, and you accept it, that is the only time you make any commitment.

TSR6 said:
wdwgirl03 - We'll be at Marquette 4-13-05 at 5pm. Are you still looking at doing the program?

Yes, I am still considering doing the program, but since I have essentially a double major, I don't know if I can afford to take a whole semester off of school. I'm thinking the best time would be after I graduate, but I think that the program would be a great experience!

TSR6 said:
Correct. You can even go to another school's presentation if you miss yours, or have a class during that time.

Apply online, there is absolutely no commitment to apply online. Print the sheet out when the online application tells you to and bring it with you.

There isn't any commitment until after your interview. If you are offered a position, and you accept it, that is the only time you make any commitment.

I just want to clarify that you do not need to fill out the application online to attend the presentation. (if you are persuaded during the presentation to go interview, you can fill it out online before your interview, you will have time)

Thanks all,
So applying and not accepting a position if offered will not effect the future. Meaning, if and when i decide to actually go for the program, me turning the possible offer down will not have any effect on it? Because I really want to go, but not until my senior year, and I don't want to possibly mess that chance up! Thanks!

jimmybop said:
I just want to clarify that you do not need to fill out the application online to attend the presentation. (if you are persuaded during the presentation to go interview, you can fill it out online before your interview, you will have time)

jimmy - as a campus rep, I was told to tell everyone to apply online and bring the application to the presentation, since the interviews are going to be phone interviews.

I'll contact my lead rep, and see what she has to say. I know people will be walking into the presentation just from reading the posters. I'll find out for you.

wdwgirl03 - You really wouldn't be taking a whole semester off if you can get credits for your program. While I was down there, I got 12 credits through UW-Milwaukee. Although it's not the full load, it's still full time student. I just had to take 4 of the Disney College Program courses while I was on my program to get those credits.

Rustyflwr3 said:
Thanks all,
So applying and not accepting a position if offered will not effect the future. Meaning, if and when i decide to actually go for the program, me turning the possible offer down will not have any effect on it? Because I really want to go, but not until my senior year, and I don't want to possibly mess that chance up! Thanks!

The only time it affects your re-hire status is you decide not to go after accepting your position.

TSR6 said:
wdwgirl03 - You really wouldn't be taking a whole semester off if you can get credits for your program. While I was down there, I got 12 credits through UW-Milwaukee. Although it's not the full load, it's still full time student. I just had to take 4 of the Disney College Program courses while I was on my program to get those credits.

Ahh, ok. I guess I'd have to see then if I'd be able to get some credit then if I decided to actually do the program. Thanks for the info. :)

How would you become a campus rep? Do you actually have to have gone to through the program before? The presentations do not come to my school, so that would be a cool thing to look in to. What are the requirements for that? Or for the presentations to even come to my school?

Rustyflwr3 said:
How would you become a campus rep? Do you actually have to have gone to through the program before? The presentations do not come to my school, so that would be a cool thing to look in to. What are the requirements for that? Or for the presentations to even come to my school?

To become a Campus Rep, You do need to sucessfully complete your College Program, and remain in good-standing with the Disney company. You can apply during your program, you'll have a phone interview, and if your accepted, it's just pending the completion of your program.

I applied and was accepted in December, and finished my program in early Jan. :) You get to keep your discounts with Walt Disney World and other benifits you had during your CP. :)

TSR6 said:
jimmy - as a campus rep, I was told to tell everyone to apply online and bring the application to the presentation, since the interviews are going to be phone interviews.

Maybe that is something that they are doing in your region??? I have not been told that by my recruiter, only that the interviews will follow the presentation.

But yea, fill out an application just to be safe then (You will also make the reps in the area look better do to the higher number of applications in ahead of time :earboy2: )

jimmybop said:
Maybe that is something that they are doing in your region??? I have not been told that by my recruiter, only that the interviews will follow the presentation.

But yea, fill out an application just to be safe then (You will also make the reps in the area look better do to the higher number of applications in ahead of time :earboy2: )

Possibly?

I know they did a select region last semester as a test phase, and that it went well, so they went ahead with the phone interviews.

Check with your recruiter, as I'm also curious. I was told by another rep here that it's everyone now since the "test" went so well.

cheerdancer11 said:
TSR6, so if you're a campus rep do you still get free admissions to the parks? Thanks :)
Michele

Yes, once my campus rep card gets mailed to me.

As a Campus Rep, you get a card that keeps all of your College program benifits ( discounts, park entrance, ect ). The only difference is that the card doesnt allow you to clock in and out, and it doesn't allow you backstage access.

cheerdancer11 said:
That's awesome. Being a Campus Rep sounds like a cool job :cool1:

It is... It's not a paid position, but keeping your perks is worth it. Plus, I love to talk about what I did down there, so this just gives me yet another excuse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter