Question about college requirements

a growing thing

Earning My Ears
I don't really know how to phrase this so that it makes sense, so bear with me lol

TL;DR: here are my two questions:
-Can I be accepted into the DCP, even if my current college wouldn't allow me to, if I plan on dropping out and enrolling in another school post-acceptance?
-If not, does it make more sense to stay at my current college and risk not getting into the DCP, or transfer to the local community college?

I'm interested in applying, but as a nursing major, my school would only allow me to do the program in the spring of my junior year (in which case I'd also have to do clinicals over the summer, and likely not have a scholarship for that semester...). Honestly at this point I've had a couple issues with the college, and I would definitely prioritize the DCP over continuing my education at that school. So, if I were to apply and get accepted for the DCP before that semester, would I be able to drop out of my college/transfer to another one and still be allowed to do the program? I know as part of the application process they ask you if you meet your school's requirements for participating (which I technically wouldn't), and then they call your school to confirm. Would this prevent me from being accepted into the program?
Right now I'm just at a point where the DCP is the top priority, and only having two chances (spring of junior year and post-graduation) to get in is intimidating. I could just transfer out of that college and go to my local college instead (which would likely be much more flexible with the DCP, since it's a community college), but in case I don't end up getting into the DCP at all, I'd rather stay at my current college and finish my education there. I don't really know what to do, so any input would be much appreciated.

So my thing is that you have to be enrolled in a school or within 1 year of having graduated from a school. As long as you fall within that then you can do the DCP. I wonder why you wouldn't want to go part time and do Disney Aspire? If you don't know about this it is pretty much where disney will pay for your education while you work for them! You could also wait till you graduate like i did to do the program because then you dont have to worry about anything really! I was just chilling and having so much fun on my off year before i go to grad school! Maybe that is the best option for you?

So my thing is that you have to be enrolled in a school or within 1 year of having graduated from a school. As long as you fall within that then you can do the DCP. I wonder why you wouldn't want to go part time and do Disney Aspire? If you don't know about this it is pretty much where disney will pay for your education while you work for them! You could also wait till you graduate like i did to do the program because then you dont have to worry about anything really! I was just chilling and having so much fun on my off year before i go to grad school! Maybe that is the best option for you?
So does that mean they’d be okay with me not returning to that college post-CP? When the application was talking about “meeting your school’s requirements” I thought that was referring to the school being okay with you taking a semester off? I’m just imagining the recruiters calling my college and my advisor being like “we told her she couldn’t do it next semester...”

The college I’m currently at is a private women’s college, and they don’t allow nursing majors to be part time, so that wouldn’t be an option. Honestly I would happily leave the college in order to do the DCP, I just didn’t know if that would interfere with my ability to get in.
And you’re right, I could just try to apply after I graduate. I’d just worry about not being accepted, whereas if I start applying now I’d have more chances to get in.

A lot of CPs extend or transfer or don't go back to school after. From a DCP perspective you qualify. Your school would be the issue. If they won't let you take the semester off, I would assume you would have to withdraw losing scholarship and if you have loans, you would have to start making payments.
As a parent of the a DCP Spring 2020, who got laid off- I wouldn't put DCP in front of your education. Unless you intend on working for Disney as a career- school should come first.

So does that mean they’d be okay with me not returning to that college post-CP? When the application was talking about “meeting your school’s requirements” I thought that was referring to the school being okay with you taking a semester off? I’m just imagining the recruiters calling my college and my advisor being like “we told her she couldn’t do it next semester...”

The college I’m currently at is a private women’s college, and they don’t allow nursing majors to be part time, so that wouldn’t be an option. Honestly I would happily leave the college in order to do the DCP, I just didn’t know if that would interfere with my ability to get in.
And you’re right, I could just try to apply after I graduate. I’d just worry about not being accepted, whereas if I start applying now I’d have more chances to get in.

Oh noo the program has nothing to do with your university they just don't want to be the reason you drop out or fail out so they want you to be up to date with your major but if you choose to leave post CP then they can't really say anything because you were in college during your cp! You could always apply and not accept howeve if you have a decent resume, are good and speaking i think you'll be fine. My resume wasn't great but I slid through the first round super easy! I recommend applying a few days or even a week after it has opened because if not you will get put on hold and just makes your anxiety climb lol! If you need any tips on applying i gotchu! I got in on my first try without any work experience or anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!